The Mitch Sitters: what would make you change your mind?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At some point the future needs to happen. Fans want it now, but the Bears are trying to still win. I'd still believe there will be a couple more games for Glennon. If they are losses then the future should happen at that point.

I also think Fox will be gone before the season ends if they can't be competitive quickly and consistently.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario since I don't think Mitch is starting/playing either of the next two games.

Glennon stinks up the joint....dink and dunks his way to a 2 pick low scoring victory over pit 16-13.

Puts up a Tampa like performance vs gb

Record is 1-3 but somehow det gb min are all 2-2 at best.

In comes mitch-a-palooza to start Mon night vs queens and leads us to division title!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario since I don't think Mitch is starting/playing either of the next two games.

Glennon stinks up the joint....dink and dunks his way to a 2 pick low scoring victory over pit 16-13.

Puts up a Tampa like performance vs gb

Record is 1-3 but somehow det gb min are all 2-2 at best.

In comes mitch-a-palooza to start Mon night vs queens and leads us to division title!

Best case scenario for me is Glennon plays good and we win.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best case scenario is Glennon get hurt today, never to play another down and Mitch takes over the job and goes undefeated the rest of the season.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario is Glennon get hurt today, never to play another down and Mitch takes over the job and goes undefeated the rest of the season.

I really hate when the Bears staff puts fans in the position of wishing injury on the worse player so the better player can go it. Why does this happen on the Bears so much with different staffs?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really hate when the Bears staff puts fans in the position of wishing injury on the worse player so the better player can go it. Why does this happen on the Bears so much with different staffs?

LOL that is a good point! I work in Pittsburgh and I just asked my colleague if this ever happens to the Steelers he laughed and said "no, we always field the best players on the roster" " That is why Harrison is benched for Chickillo even though Harrison is the vet"

Reactions: Myk

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
That's sort of stupid (although true). If he comes out and plays like absolute crap or even like Orton the whole year you know who he is, he'll improve but won't become a great one. You should pass on another potential great one because you have a likely mediocre or bust already.
Sure if you don't have a high pick you don't trade the future to get one, but if you got a high pick and DangOl' you'd better grab him. There's no downside to it. If it all works out you have a good QB to trade for more picks.

So, that's Bears fans. If not this year then next year. You're saying we can't ever play any players because they will have a bad day and fans will condemn them for it. Even good players will end up getting their pay day and then fans will condemn them for minor screw ups.
That is Bears fans, get used to it.
Payton Manning played like crap his first year. What you do is trade this year's high pick for a future 1st round pick. That way you give the kid a solid 2 years so you have an idea if you need to use both picks to move up and try again.. but that is ONLY if he is a complete bust for both staring years.

Which I don't think he will be.. I think he is going to be pretty good

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Payton Manning played like crap his first year. What you do is trade this year's high pick for a future 1st round pick. That way you give the kid a solid 2 years so you have an idea if you need to use both picks to move up and try again.. but that is ONLY if he is a complete bust for both staring years.

Which I don't think he will be.. I think he is going to be pretty good

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

But you don't know who's in the future drafts. You're going to trade away Darnold for Grossman?

How many of the projected great Bear QB busts (there actually aren't many, we were mostly dumpster diving) turned out to be good somewhere else? Sitting on crap won't turn it into gold. We can point fingers at the QB carousel and whine about it but when you get down to it the reason was we selected bad QBs.

Actually Peyton Manning (I wonder if it's only Bears fans who spell it Payton, I always have to backspace) didn't look like crap his rookie year. His bad stats looked like crap. His good stats looked good. His good plays looked good. 3,739 yards with 26 touchdowns his rookie year. AFC Offensive Player of the Week. Also league high interceptions and a 3-13 record. That's why you don't pay too much attention to only stats and win loss.

I think we've seen enough to know Trubisky isn't a complete bust.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe because all bears backups are always better than the starters?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Maybe because all bears backups are always better than the starters?

There's that of course. But if that's the case with the #2 pick QB don't you think knowing about it is better sooner? Or do you want to have Trubisky dangled around for 3 years like Hanie only to find out when he finally goes in we needed to draft a QB in 2018, 19 or 20?

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
As I posted in another page,

"I was a Mitch-sitter for the year with the hope that Glennon would start out being serviceable and show major improvement. It's not looking that way. If Glennon does not drastically improve within the next two games, I have no quarrels with starting Trubisky anytime after the Green Bay game. If there's little Glennon improvement (which has has not shown otherwise to date), Glennon should be on a very short leash."