The Most Important Move That MUST Be Done Before Trade Deadline.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
everybody feels Jerry is cheap when it comes to basketball

comments like "Basketball is a sport. Baseball is religion. Baseball is American." or how he would trade his 6 Bulls rings for one White Sox ring doesn't help matters

That's the fans view. No player has come out and said that about the Bulls, except maybe one guy. He's in your signature picture and currently is so bad he can't even play on a terrible basketball team.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That's the fans view. No player has come out and said that about the Bulls, except maybe one guy. He's in your signature picture and currently is so bad he can't even play on a terrible basketball team.

thats what potential FA's view is too

the bulls have bad rep of being cheap and shiesty....thats why nobody signs here....also its cold as fuck...so its not really a great mixture there

we need to clean up the image

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thats what potential FA's view is too

the bulls have bad rep of being cheap and shiesty....thats why nobody signs here...that and its cold as fuck
Recently, or back when the Bulls went after TMac and Eddie Jones? I haven't heard any modern day players complain about the management.

In 2010, the top 10 free agents were listed as:
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Bosh
4. Amar'e
5. Dirk
6. Boozer
7. Joe Johnson
8. Lee
9. Gay
10. Pierce

Obviously the top 3 all went to one team, Amare signed in a cold weather environment of New York. They offered the most money. Boozer as 6th best signed with the Bulls..Joe Johnson I think would have signed with the Bulls as well if Atlanta didn't offer him an absolute max contract. Lee went to GS, Boozer already filled that need, Dirk, Gay, Pierce all resigned with their teams.

We haven't had a free agent summer like that since then. Hell the Bulls got the Top Free Agent of the Summer of 06 in Ben Wallace. He never lived up to what every thought he would be (rarely do big free agents seem to).

So while you can fault GarPax all you want for failure to get Bron-Bosh-Wade..I highly doubt at all they had any chance of getting those three.. As the dominos' fell, they got the best FA they could given the cards handed to them in 2010. It wasn't a failure like 2000 was.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
well not allot of players are gonna come out and trash the Bulls however Wade did speak about the Bulls loyalty

regardless if its the truth or not...the Bulls are still painted in a bad light and thats why we have difficult time bringing in FA's

maybe a personnel change can help....maybe not...but as i said it wont hurt to switch up...i think its time

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well not allot of players are gonna come out and trash the Bulls however Wade did speak about the Bulls loyalty

regardless if its the truth or not...the Bulls are still painted in a bad light and thats why we have difficult time bringing in FA's

maybe a personnel change can help....maybe not...but as i said it wont hurt to switch up...i think its time
Wade's word doesn't mean shit and you know it. Wade was just piggy backing off the old 2000 words many players said then so he would look better because he played the Bulls and any other team.

Paxson is a fairly good drafter, if we tank and are a lotto team again, well that's who' I want to see drafting, not some unknown.. Of course this all goes out the drain if the organization resigns Luol Deng to a big contract. So that's where my view pretty much centers.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
.. Of course this all goes out the drain if the organization resigns Luol Deng to a big contract..

LoL, the F.O already stated that there not getting rid of Deng, so there you go.
:oprah:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
53jwux.jpg

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
im still laughin at how bad that Rip deal was

kirks deal is awful too

what possessed them to give 2 fragile players that were on a downslope 2/10 and 2/8 deals?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
and its not like we needed hinrich....we had CJ Watson on a 1yr/3m deal.....despite his bad playoff series he was still good player that fit well with the team....there was no reason to cut him...they also dumped korver for nothing

so we basically dumped 2 quality role players in CJ and Korver to sign Hinrich lol

yeah it might not be that big of a deal to some...but its still bad management

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
and its not like we needed hinrich....we had CJ Watson on a 1yr/3m deal.....despite his bad playoff series he was still good player that fit well with the team....there was no reason to cut him...they also dumped korver for nothing

so we basically dumped 2 quality role players in CJ and Korver to sign Hinrich lol

yeah it might not be that big of a deal to some...but its still bad management

Dont forget, the Bulls couldnt afford to keep Nate Robinson because of Kirks contract also.......Kirks money should of been given to Nate......Plus its funny that the Bulls went over the cap to bring Kirk back, but hey, thats the man Derrick wanted, lol.....

I like the D.J Augustine signing though.....He showed us what hes capable of bringing to the table....If only we got D.J sooner, like before Derrick got hurt again.....Would of been able to rest Rose more with a good solid backup like D.J.........

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Hopefully they can find a way to get Kevin Love, then I will forgive them.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Kevin Love would be a very great pickup......Hes a hard working, tough as nails Chicago type of guy that would fit in perfectly in the Chicago sports world.....Hes got Chicago Bulls type pride written all over him.....He would be a great leader for Derrick Rose to follow..:smug:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Hopefully they can find a way to get Kevin Love, then I will forgive them.

we wont get love...Pat Riley will find a way to get him in Miami to pair up with Bron after Wade retires...just watch

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
we wont get love...Pat Riley will find a way to get him in Miami to pair up with Bron after Wade retires...just watch

I dont know about that.
If Pax had any interest in bringing free agent here, i think K-Love would be the type of guy he likes.
He plays defense, rebounds and is a very team oriented player who would fit in perfect in a Thibbs system....
Thibbs could play a beast like Love 48 minutes a game without a problem. He is physically durable enough to handle it.....
And he has the type of personality that makes him a Pax type of guy.....Very clean cut.
If Pax takes the free agent route, i think Love is the kind of guy that could actually motivate Pax to give up the standpatness just for him.
Purhaps a Boozer Deng package could get Love here if Love has no interest in resigning with Minnesota..
Deng and Boozer would be a respectable replacement for Kevin for Minnesota to get a fair package in return.
And if Pax made it happen, i would gain back all my confidence in the front office.
There would be no more "fire paxgar" posts from me again............

GET IT DONE PAXGAR.........

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way I see it, we can´t blame the FO too much.

The Bulls were contenders in the begining of the last three seasons. You can´t ask for much more.

It´s not the fault of the management that only 2/3 of the teams make it to the playoffs because of injuries.

The only thing that has to change is the focus on the streghts of future players. All in all we have solid players who are very good defenders, and defense is key for a championship. Defense is also the part of the game where you can play consistent much easier.

However you need good offense as well. As we have seen in Miami it´s much easier to teach good scorers how to play defense than teaching good defenders how to play offense. Especially with a defensive minded coach like Thibs.

Main target should be a wing player who can dribble the ball very well and create for himself. Even if the Bulls would get Kevin Love I believe that wouldn´t bring us much closer to a title. Love is not a shot creator. I would rather have a guy like Eric Gordon, even though his knees are a risky.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The Bulls were contenders in the begining of the last three seasons. You can´t ask for much more.

were we really? or was our style just made for regular season success?