The narrative continues to shift towards keeping Fields

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lol some random YouTube schmuck doesn't change reality.

It's been weird recently for me having been such a fields homer, to actually be grounded in a reality where I have to explain to people why it isn't likely they stick with Fields. The writing is on the wall though for anyone with a clue

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lol some random YouTube schmuck doesn't change reality.

It's been weird recently for me having been such a fields homer, to actually be grounded in a reality where I have to explain to people why it isn't likely they stick with Fields. The writing is on the wall though for anyone with a clue
Nope. This is Troy Aikman.

Here are some pretty informative comments from the video.

1701441130758.png
Him clarifying “growing pains” with It’sOkayToCry Mr. Meltdown under pressure or Chuck it to the other team Maye is very good.

So, we are going to disagree on if they keep Fields or not.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Nope. This is Troy Aikman.

Here are some pretty informative comments from the video.

View attachment 32654
Him clarifying “growing pains” with It’sOkayToCry Mr. Meltdown under pressure or Chuck it to the other team Maye is very good.

So, we are going to disagree on if they keep Fields or not.
That's fine. I'm pretty certain you are going to be disappointed by reality. Whereas if the unlikely happens and they keep fields, I'll be surprised but fine because they can build out a really good roster around him to give him one last chance

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's fine. I'm pretty certain you are going to be disappointed by reality. Whereas if the unlikely happens and they keep fields, I'll be surprised but fine because they can build out a really good roster around him to give him one last chance
Do you think they trade him or keep him and draft a qb?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Do you think they trade him or keep him and draft a qb?
I'd guess trade him, but I don't think it's a terrible idea to let a rookie sit behind him. There's a lot that needs to play out still obviously

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with this. And in reality, a rookie QB (CW or Maye) likely aren't going to win more games than Fields would next season. So, Bears build out the roster and move from Fields after next season. The only caviat to this is assuming Poles is retained, he would have to feel pretty damn comfortable that his job is secure, and he'd be allowed to select the next QB. I get the feeling that his seat may be a little warm that he feels he needs to make a move at QB

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd guess trade him, but I don't think it's a terrible idea to let a rookie sit behind him. There's a lot that needs to play out still obviously
I just think the worst thing for the guy trading him would be getting less than decent value only to see him very quickly "fixed" by the team he goes to because he's actually a Chad and his current OC is a baffoon.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Actually, I’m okay if they choose to go with Caleb Williams. I am. I get the business side. I’ll be fucking pissed as all hell if he sucks as much as I think he will and Fields shows out in Atl or wherever.

Knowing DJ Moore has only one year left, and passing on not one, but two potential weapons in MHJ and Nabers to put a rookie in the same situation, awe hell no.

So, I’d rather stack capital and build a team so if Fields fails, we can put a rookie there that’ll succeed. Maye is spotting the other team at least two solid pick 6 attempts per game. Williams is a meltdown. Can you imagine him going through one day of what Fields has to digest? Nfw.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just think the worst thing for the guy trading him would be getting less than decent value only to see him very quickly "fixed" by the team he goes to because he's actually a Chad and his current OC is a baffoon.
Let me add to this though. I would not really care that much if this happens and Bears get a stud qb or even just slightly better than Fields. It resets the comp clock and most importantly, it will be another instance of @Mighty Joe Young being wrong wrong wrong. And not just wrong, but wrong after creating 3 to 4 threads weekly about keeping fields and the qbs in this draft class being poor options.

Bust

Liked Posts:
My man Faize explaining Chase Daniel and supporting keeping Fields as QB. I like his reasoning and explanation. Good shit!

no debate. Chase Daniel is one of the greatest qb's coming off the bench in bears history.

in 13 seasons, 6 of his career 9 touchdown passes came in a bears uniform.

Chicago Bears = QB whisperer

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let me add to this though. I would not really care that much if this happens and Bears get a stud qb or even just slightly better than Fields. It resets the comp clock and most importantly, it will be another instance of @Mighty Joe Young being wrong wrong wrong. And not just wrong, but wrong after creating 3 to 4 threads weekly about keeping fields and the qbs in this draft class being poor options.

That’s right. I wonder what does @Mighty Joe Young thinks about a HOF QB calling CW excellent?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Another bonus from the scenario that's bad for Poles trading Justin. He balls out on his new team and it's yet another instance of @Spartan being wrong wrong wrong. Basically I'll be happy with whatever happens because it's hopefully good for the Bears but also bad for two really horrible ccs trolls even though they have opposite stances on the matter. Situations like these are hard to pass up.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That’s right. I wonder what does @Mighty Joe Young thinks about a HOF QB calling CW excellent?

I think that right now a lot of the people in the NFL (especially former QBs) aren't going to tarnish a player's chances to be drafted high and therefore will keep their real feelings to themselves until after the draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think that right now a lot of the people in the NFL (especially former QBs) aren't going to tarnish a player's chances to be drafted high and therefore will keep their real feelings to themselves until after the draft.

He could have just said what he said about Maye… that he hadn’t really seen him much but heard good things.

“Now what I’ve seen of Caleb Williams…. He’s special”

- HOF QB Troy Aikman

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seriously? So basically if you don't want to believe something you've got a narrative ready to say that it's a falsehood????

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts: