The NBA's Possible Solution for Tanking

This idea...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
yup thats another thing...players would be able to pick and choose when they come out

lotto is fine...i honesty cant come up with anything better

they rig it anyway...so players end up where the NBA wants them too

thats why we should tank this year...you bet your ass the NBA wants a big market team to get wiggins or jabari so they can make more money off them

:derbulls:

JABARI IS THE SHIT. :woot:

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with the impact this would have on college top players... Imagine the top picks this year are Philly, Milwaukee, Utah and Brooklyn, but next year its Indiana, Miami, Portland and San Antonio.... Guess how many of the top players are going to sign up for another year in college?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
For me, just dump the lottery would be the change. It won't stop some teams from tanking, but it would get rid of teams losing to just miss the playoffs and get a chance to win the lottery. If you finish with the 12th worst record, then you pick 12, period.

Imo, the reason they are looking at silly stuff like this is cuz of their little lottery show they would have to give up. Sometimes, it's more about the money than what's good for the NBA, imo. :smh:

ginny

Liked Posts:
For me, just dump the lottery would be the change. It won't stop some teams from tanking, but it would get rid of teams losing to just miss the playoffs and get a chance to win the lottery. If you finish with the 12th worst record, then you pick 12, period.

Imo, the reason they are looking at silly stuff like this is cuz of their little lottery show they would have to give up. Sometimes, it's more about the money than what's good for the NBA, imo. :smh:

^^^
I agree with this 100%

Besides all the other good reasons that have been mentioned by some of you to NOT adopt this, i think Bear Prides idea is/should be the solution.

If teams want to tank, so be it, they run the risk of alienating their current fan base, as well as new - potential fans.

Who knows, the more likely this becomes reality, the more it will be debated, and the more I might see the positive, but for now...meh