The Next Year Thread: What Should This Team Look Like in 2012?

Doogolas

Liked Posts:
A+ has TONS of guys that are 26 to 27 years old that aren't real prospects and just suck way too much for AA and AAA, just filler, essentially.

Bour is older than you would like a real good prospect to be in A+ for a full season. Maybe that's how I should have put it. He's not too old to start there, but he damn well better earn himself a promotion midseason, which he clearly is doing, so it's not an issue. When he gets promoted (I suspect by late June/early July) we will know by the end of the season if we have a real nice find in him or not.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A+ has TONS of guys that are 26 to 27 years old that aren't real prospects and just suck way too much for AA and AAA, just filler, essentially.

Bour is older than you would like a real good prospect to be in A+ for a full season. Maybe that's how I should have put it. He's not too old to start there, but he damn well better earn himself a promotion midseason, which he clearly is doing, so it's not an issue. When he gets promoted (I suspect by late June/early July) we will know by the end of the season if we have a real nice find in him or not.

I have a feeling Bour doesn't move until Jackson moves up. Even then the Cubs might re-promote Ha to AA.

it will be interesting to see what happens.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
A mix up in the minor league system should happen soon and a lot of changes better be made. Release all old players and promote younger players up...

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A mix up in the minor league system should happen soon and a lot of changes better be made. Release all old players and promote younger players up...

This is when that happens. We will have about 30 new faces within a couple of weeks.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is when that happens. We will have about 30 new faces within a couple of weeks.

Yeah true. There have been some players that were promoted but not a lot. I hate the Whit one.. That sucks so fuckin bacd!

Doogolas

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Bour doesn't move until Jackson moves up. Even then the Cubs might re-promote Ha to AA.

it will be interesting to see what happens.

Jackson and Ha will have no baring on Bour whatsoever. He is a 1B prospect, he needs to be able to play 1B, Jackson and Ha are directly connected, when Jackson goes up, Ha will go to AA. But for Bour, he needs an IF to move, be it Vitters or Marwin Gonzalez. But more than likely it will just be a promotion to AAA for Rebel Ridling that does it, as he plays 1B more than anyone on Tennessee. Spencer will also likely be moved, leaving Vitters as the only guy still in AA who ever plays 1B, and what we'll see happen is Vitters playing exclusively 3B the rest of the year as:

DJ LeMahieu will either get more playing time in the MLB or move to AAA (as was originally planned for him).

As I said above, Vitters plays 3B.

Lake will take over SS duties.

Marwin Gonzalez will play 2B.

Bour will play 1B.

That's the most likely scenario I see playing out, as we weed out some of the guys who really aren't going to be particularly useful going forward and fill all the spots with legitimate prospects.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Jackson and Ha will have no baring on Bour whatsoever. He is a 1B prospect, he needs to be able to play 1B, Jackson and Ha are directly connected, when Jackson goes up, Ha will go to AA. But for Bour, he needs an IF to move, be it Vitters or Marwin Gonzalez. But more than likely it will just be a promotion to AAA for Rebel Ridling that does it, as he plays 1B more than anyone on Tennessee. Spencer will also likely be moved, leaving Vitters as the only guy still in AA who ever plays 1B, and what we'll see happen is Vitters playing exclusively 3B the rest of the year as:

DJ LeMahieu will either get more playing time in the MLB or move to AAA (as was originally planned for him).

As I said above, Vitters plays 3B.

Lake will take over SS duties.

Marwin Gonzalez will play 2B.

Bour will play 1B.

That's the most likely scenario I see playing out, as we weed out some of the guys who really aren't going to be particularly useful going forward and fill all the spots with legitimate prospects.

He meant Jackson has to be promoted so Lalli can move from 1st to OF to make room for Bour.

Doogolas

Liked Posts:
Lalli isn't important enough to matter. For one thing, he's only played 18 games at first this year. The guy that needs to move is Ridling. Once he's gone Bour can come up. Lalli is both old and has almost no value as a prospect. He isn't a guy that's blocking anyone.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Lalli isn't important enough to matter. For one thing, he's only played 18 games at first this year. The guy that needs to move is Ridling. Once he's gone Bour can come up. Lalli is both old and has almost no value as a prospect. He isn't a guy that's blocking anyone.

Ya, that's who I meant, sorry.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
jesus christ.....i cannot keep up with minor league stuff....lol

Doogolas

Liked Posts:
I addressed him in my post. It's not about making him play the OF, he'll just get a promotion to AAA, because while he has some tiny value as a prospect, Bour actually carries some weight. Ridling is not a guy that is going to threaten to block Bour. He'll just be sent to rot in AAA, because we just have so many OF prospects. Szczur will take Ha's place, Ha will take Jackson's place, Ridling will move to AAA and Bour will finish the year as Tennessee's 1B.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Szczur was a beast tonight....went to Chiefs game and he had great game

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Lex L the mod hater and useless poster. Welcome back turd!

I guess you're smothered by your own scent.

you 2nd sentence is pretty funny though i will say. I dont need to have an effect on the team nor do i, just giving my 2 cents on what I think since, well, I kinda understand how to run multiple machines, and when I say machines....I mean business.

You can't conjugate words but you can run an empire of businesses? I find this a little more than mildly amusing. Besides, its not like I care about your businesses. It's not giving you cache here. It's not like that kind of acumen makes you well-versed in sports, so the idea that you thought that would give you some kind of cache is lame. You really brought the queen out early with that one.

Side note* I love how CO thanks you for your ignorant but funny post. Sorry I dont live in LALA land where I sit on my chair relaxing with a cigar and a tall glass of false hope.

Good to know. Cool story, bro.

BTW, you never answered the question as to why you troll the Cubs forum?

Last edited:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Szczur was a beast tonight....went to Chiefs game and he had great game

Yeah he has looked really good thus far. Loving that he is walking as much as he is striking out. Having a K:BB ratio of around 1:1 is amazing. Especially when they are both around the 8 percent mark.

I can't believe Peoria doesnt come to South Bend this year. It sucks.

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
blow the team up. get rid of all the useless vets that don't give two shits about a World Series. bring up the young guys and let them play and go from there. they're the future, so let them get used to the bigs.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess you're smothered by your own scent.

You can't conjugate words but you can run an empire of businesses? I find this a little more than mildly amusing. Besides, its not like I care about your businesses. It's not giving you cache here. It's not like that kind of acumen makes you well-versed in sports, so the idea that you thought that would give you some kind of cache is lame. You really brought the queen out early with that one.

Good to know. Cool story, bro.

BTW, you never answered the question as to why you troll the Cubs forum?

Wow you are a fucking idiot. How about you leave again, comeback, than leave and create threads about it.

Anyway Special person, im specifically talking about the business side of things not the actual sport. when you pass the bar, and are a successful broker (passing the series exams) you do have just a little bit of knowledge of how things work as far as a major business is run. Look buddy, I dont run a mom and pop grocery store ok? Im a bit bigger than that.

As far as trolling. Not even close, but you are gators brother so im not surprised you cannot see the difference in trolling and having genuine feelings about a game one loves.

So keep on with the useless posts!

ps- i wont ban ya, just for the simple fact that every site needs a moron.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Dews is such a :cubstroll:!

:rolleyes:

:smug2:

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow you are a fucking idiot. How about you leave again, comeback, than leave and create threads about it.

Anyway Special person, im specifically talking about the business side of things not the actual sport. when you pass the bar, and are a successful broker (passing the series exams) you do have just a little bit of knowledge of how things work as far as a major business is run. Look buddy, I dont run a mom and pop grocery store ok? Im a bit bigger than that.

As far as trolling. Not even close, but you are gators brother so im not surprised you cannot see the difference in trolling and having genuine feelings about a game one loves.

So keep on with the useless posts!

ps- i wont ban ya, just for the simple fact that every site needs a moron.

We're overstocked. Send some back to PSD. :shifty:

Just kidding. You're my morons. :smug:

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
Outfielders:
Colvin
Campana
Johnson
Snyder
Byrd
Montanez