The OC Options

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
None of them can be successful with Leno as their LT.

He basically forced Nagy to call all those WR screens because he can't block to save his life. The ball has to be out quick every play and when it doesn't you have a QB scrambling around going off script to make plays.

If they dont get a better LT this offseason I predict a collapse. 6 win team. No way leno gets better this offseason and no way the running game helps next year without a better LT in the pass game.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
? @ "options"

What options? More like which of Nagy's friends is desperate enough to take this shit job and be his 'yes' man.

Let's see here... :unsure: 29th ranked offense. OC in title only as Nagy is to much of an egomaniac to give up playcalling. Little talent to work with. Will get scapegoated like Helfrich, or lose your job anyways when they fire Nagy next year... :unsure:

Yup, I'm sure quality candidates are lining up around the block. Probably take a few months to get thru all the resumes. :ROFLMAO:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Robby Anderson would be a great WR to have to replace T.Gabriel to play opposite ARob with A.Miller in the slot, but he's probably gonna cost too much for us with all the other needs we have. Many on here have been saying no more small WR's, but we absolutely have to have a WR with speed and Gabriel was our only WR with straight line speed, but Robby has that straight line speed and still has size.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Does this guy have any credibility or is he another wannabe Twitter insider who pretends they have sources?

I haven't seen this anywhere else and it kind of conflicts with the Castillo hiring.
He called the Castillo hiring. He seems well plugged in at Halas Hall.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eric Ebron would be interesting. I saw a tweet today that Indy isn't expected to re-sign him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just don’t see the point in any of this. Nagy’s offense. Nagy calls the plays unless he can truly be honest with himself and give that up(he won’t).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just don’t see the point in any of this. Nagy’s offense. Nagy calls the plays unless he can truly be honest with himself and give that up(he won’t).
For me, I'd like a veteran OC. Someone who has a spine and will stand up to Nagy if his play calling sucks. IIRC, this was Helfrichs first stint in the NFL so he was probably just along for the ride and was a "yes man" to Nagy. That is what I would like to avoid.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, I'd like a veteran OC. Someone who has a spine and will stand up to Nagy if his play calling sucks. IIRC, this was Helfrichs first stint in the NFL so he was probably just along for the ride and was a "yes man" to Nagy. That is what I would like to avoid.

I don't think this is going to happen

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the reason why Shurmur is my #1. That and the fact that he has made average QBs look decent. Maybe Keenum joins him as well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does this guy have any credibility or is he another wannabe Twitter insider who pretends they have sources?

I haven't seen this anywhere else and it kind of conflicts with the Castillo hiring.
He's still saying Nagy should get Shurmur so not a scoop.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears were going to bring in Shurmer it would have been to run the offense and he could have picked his oline coach....

Unless Shurmer has a strong desire to come in, get coffee for Nagy and shuffle papers, I don't see this happening.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
He called the Castillo hiring. He seems well plugged in at Halas Hall.
Jahns called the Castillo hiring. He was just piggybacking and says he's friends with Jahns. Havent followed long so just didn't know if he has called anything before. He seems like the typical cryptic message hope I'm right Twitter hack. Could also be me just hoping he's wrong.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Jahns called the Castillo hiring. He was just piggybacking and says he's friends with Jahns. Havent followed long so just didn't know if he has called anything before. He seems like the typical cryptic message hope I'm right Twitter hack. Could also be me just hoping he's wrong.
Meh. I don’t know enough about Kafka to be happy or upset about the rumors.