1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Rox are locking up Tulo through the 2020 season!

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
This should be a more fun WM than last year. Expect more moves!!

The Cubs don't have the Bradley situation hanging over them.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im dyin for these meetings to start!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets go sign a guy that hasnt pitched in 2 years and a guy who hit 198 last year. That will show the Cub fans that they care about winning.:bigfinger:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all for it.

Your one of the reasons why CHC owners can do it. You think just cause they signed ex cy young guy they doing good. Not what u did in past, what can u do for me NOW. Webb cant do shit now. Pena a 220 hitter. Thought D-Lee was horrible last year wait till u see this strikeout machine.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your one of the reasons why CHC owners can do it. You think just cause they signed ex cy young guy they doing good. Not what u did in past, what can u do for me NOW. Webb cant do shit now. Pena a 220 hitter. Thought D-Lee was horrible last year wait till u see this strikeout machine.

I'm good with it because if Webb pitches and stays healthy, he'll pitch good enough. If he gets injured, the Cubs could call up a yougster (that's what I want badly). Pena is a good defensive 1B, will kill at Wrigley, will have 85+rbi and his average won't be too good, but I think he'll bat .250-.270. Also, the Cubs have the best hitting coach in the game.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ricketts doesn't contact players. Hendry does.

Stop being a jagbag to almost every post here.

Thank you.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts doesn't contact players. Hendry does.

Stop being a jagbag to almost every post here.

Thank you.

Rickett dont cotact players but gives Hendry budget and when u tell ur GM your going to lose 15-20 mil in payroll it ties Hendry hand. So yes it falls back to the owner. Sorry that i am the only fan to see that this owner is a douche bag. Any owner who puts a FUCKING NOODLE in front of the stadium loses all my respect. Then he now cutting payroll. All he cares about is making money not the Cubs winning. Sorry i want a WS now and dont want to be the laughing stock of ALL PRO SPORTS.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Rickett dont cotact players but gives Hendry budget and when u tell ur GM your going to lose 15-20 mil in payroll it ties Hendry hand. So yes it falls back to the owner. Sorry that i am the only fan to see that this owner is a douche bag. Any owner who puts a FUCKING NOODLE in front of the stadium loses all my respect. Then he now cutting payroll. All he cares about is making money not the Cubs winning. Sorry i want a WS now and dont want to be the laughing stock of ALL PRO SPORTS.

Just stop, please.

Last edited:

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I respectfully disagree..

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really dont see how you guys are blind to this. I dont understand why you dont want to win now. I think today was a horrible day in Cub baseball when Santo died and to make things even worse he didnt see them win 1 WS. I think every Cub fan deserves to see the Cubs win WS now. Trying to see if you get lucky on specs might work but percetage says it wont. How many times do you see teams that have to rebuild on top of rebuilds. Took TEX and SFG 50 something years. NYY dont go a decade without winning. I would rather take my philosphy from the best. I just want a WS now. Dont want these old vets just coming here to retire.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really dont see how you guys are blind to this. I dont understand why you dont want to win now. I think today was a horrible day in Cub baseball when Santo died and to make things even worse he didnt see them win 1 WS. I think every Cub fan deserves to see the Cubs win WS now. Trying to see if you get lucky on specs might work but percetage says it wont. How many times do you see teams that have to rebuild on top of rebuilds. Took TEX and SFG 50 something years. NYY dont go a decade without winning. I would rather take my philosphy from the best. I just want a WS now. Dont want these old vets just coming here to retire.

If you want to win a World Series now..

Build a new stadium. That's the first thing they HAVE to do.

There are so many players that we've offered contracts to that simply refuse to play at Wrigley 82 games a year.

There's your starting point.

------

The problem is with throwing money now is if we go and get.. Cliff Lee.. that's fine and dandy.. That'll be what 15-18 mill for this year and the next 4+ years..

Who else are we gonna get? We've gotta fill 1B.. 2nd base is not a strength.. 3rd base is so-so.. The OF is fairly solid.

With or without Cliff Lee.. Our starting rotation isn't half bad.. We need some middle/long relief help.. Marmol as closer is just fine..

There's a ton of holes.. Which if we just went out and spend a crap load of money now and something goes wrong.. We're stuck with it for awhile.. Kinda what we're running into now..

---

I'm just letting you know.. I don't like the noodle also.. but I'm not gonna whine and complain about it the whole time.. It's there.. It's bringing in some sort of profit to the Cubs.. Just deal with it.. (quietly please).

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want to win a World Series now..

Build a new stadium. That's the first thing they HAVE to do.

There are so many players that we've offered contracts to that simply refuse to play at Wrigley 82 games a year.

There's your starting point.

------

The problem is with throwing money now is if we go and get.. Cliff Lee.. that's fine and dandy.. That'll be what 15-18 mill for this year and the next 4+ years..

Who else are we gonna get? We've gotta fill 1B.. 2nd base is not a strength.. 3rd base is so-so.. The OF is fairly solid.

With or without Cliff Lee.. Our starting rotation isn't half bad.. We need some middle/long relief help.. Marmol as closer is just fine..

There's a ton of holes.. Which if we just went out and spend a crap load of money now and something goes wrong.. We're stuck with it for awhile.. Kinda what we're running into now..

---

I'm just letting you know.. I don't like the noodle also.. but I'm not gonna whine and complain about it the whole time.. It's there.. It's bringing in some sort of profit to the Cubs.. Just deal with it.. (quietly please).

I'm curious as to what players have said no to playing in Wrigley. Links?

3B is top notch if Ramirez is healthy.

Why would you want to go and spend money on the bullpen? That is an awful place to allocate your funds.

I agree 1B and 2B are holes. However, I would not call that a "ton" of holes.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm curious as to what players have said no to playing in Wrigley. Links?

3B is top notch if Ramirez is healthy.

Why would you want to go and spend money on the bullpen? That is an awful place to allocate your funds.

I agree 1B and 2B are holes. However, I would not call that a "ton" of holes.

More of players given the option of playing at a newer stadium.. It's been said before but I don't have much more time to look it up right now.

Rami isn't what he used to be.. Sure the position is filled but soon it could be turned over.

I'd call 1st, 2nd, half of the bullpen quite a few holes and problems.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More of players given the option of playing at a newer stadium.. It's been said before but I don't have much more time to look it up right now.

Rami isn't what he used to be.. Sure the position is filled but soon it could be turned over.

I'd call 1st, 2nd, half of the bullpen quite a few holes and problems.

Why would you want to go and spend money on the bullpen, though? That is stupid. Yeah, let's go give a guy who is going to pitch 60 innings 2 million. Relievers are so hit and miss, it is stupid to pay them when we have a shitload of pitching talent in the minors that we can fill in house.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They removed the noodle already anyway. Don't know why we're still complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.