The Official Shea Mcclellin appreciation thread

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I feel he is finally gonna be in a system that will play to his strengths and abilities. I have seen him blow some plays hell we all have but he has also made some dam good plays and all of that with tucker coaching him being played out of position and overweight. I feel his speed is going to really be a huge assest in this system and in the middle. my only real concern is how much is his lack of real str going to affect him in the run game

I hope so, the way I look at it is he low risk...on his last year of his contract so if he doesn't work out cutting him won't effect the Bears that much. If he pans out they could sign him to a relatively low cost deal and keep him on the roster while they draft another ILB in the upcoming draft. But I'm not holding my breath for him to wow me this year, so long as he isn't a liability than I will consider his year a success

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope so, the way I look at it is he low risk...on his last year of his contract so if he doesn't work out cutting him won't effect the Bears that much. If he pans out they could sign him to a relatively low cost deal and keep him on the roster while they draft another ILB in the upcoming draft. But I'm not holding my breath for him to wow me this year, so long as he isn't a liability than I will consider his year a success

I could be way of base but I honestly feel the kid is gonna surprise us all this season

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why is he still an ILB? Just the lack of depth and talent at the position? He can't cover and he isn't a strong tackler. I figured his only use in this or any defense would be as pass rushing depth. He isn't better than Bostic or Foster. I guess he's the 3rd/4th ILB? I don't need to see him on the field. He's right up there with Michael Haynes, Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi as ultimate first round busts.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Why is he still an ILB? Just the lack of depth...

Check how many ILBs the Bears have on the roster. The group isn't overly talented, but it sure is deep considering ther are only 2 starting spots.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is he still an ILB? Just the lack of depth and talent at the position? He can't cover and he isn't a strong tackler. I figured his only use in this or any defense would be as pass rushing depth. He isn't better than Bostic or Foster. I guess he's the 3rd/4th ILB? I don't need to see him on the field. He's right up there with Michael Haynes, Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi as ultimate first round busts.

All you haterz are gonna be shocked when Shea kicks ass this year.

xlOQ3Ai.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Check how many ILBs the Bears have on the roster. The group isn't overly talented, but it sure is deep considering ther are only 2 starting spots.

Well that's why they've already cut a guy like Kaseem Greene because he was just an excess name in the mix that wasn't going to cut it.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
What you haters don't realize is fangio is the very first coach shea has had who runs a system that suits his skillset and also recognizes where shea should have been playing all along

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
When good ole white lightnings running all over the field and flying to the football next year come back here and admit you heard it from good ole HBK first muthafukkas

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
What you haters don't realize is fangio is the very first coach shea has had who runs a system that suits his skillset and also recognizes where shea should have been playing all along

What skillset is that specifically, and why does he look about 230lbs in OTA's?

Is he trying a new Yogacentric workout program to be lean and mean for the new position?

No, but really, he looks like he hasn't squatted all offseason- hopefully that's just camera angles or the stuff he is wearing.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
What skillset is that specifically, and why does he look about 230lbs in OTA's?

Is he trying a new Yogacentric workout program to be lean and mean for the new position?

No, but really, he looks like he hasn't squatted all offseason- hopefully that's just camera angles or the stuff he is wearing.
speed kills

he is set up for success his speed is going to really set him apart from the rest of the squad this year

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
HBK, what is it about you and bad players? You tell us every year Cutler is going to turn it around, now you're telling us Shea is primed to be awesome and just needed the right coaches.

It doesn't matter who is coaching these guys. They're garbage. There are a dozen actual real reasons to be optimistic about the defense improving and you're running with Shea McLellin? WTF?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Size wise SM is fine for ILB. He looks as big and thick as Bostic and is actually the bigest ILB on the roster. He has the speed needed for his size. The question marks are football IQ, instincts and aggressiveness. He hasn't shown enough of any of those over the last 3 years, but it's like he was learning calculus from a kindergarten teacher and then testing against MIT grads, so I like to hold out a bit of hope he will flourish with the right education.

tempworkouts_041315_24--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempworkouts_041315_21--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the fact that a thread like this needs to even be created/started speaks volumes...

I do hope he proves the doubters (inlcuding myself) wrong though...everyone loves a comeback/success story....and it is a contract year for him...

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
( ) Looks as big and thick as the other guys in the pics.

( ) Pics are of the lower body/bucket.

( ) Mel Tucker was the reason he couldn't muscle up on blockers and move more explosively on the field.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
HBK, what is it about you and bad players? You tell us every year Cutler is going to turn it around, now you're telling us Shea is primed to be awesome and just needed the right coaches.

It doesn't matter who is coaching these guys. They're garbage. There are a dozen actual real reasons to be optimistic about the defense improving and you're running with Shea McLellin? WTF?
I admit Ive been wrong in the past Craig Steltz,Jim Flannigan Rashaam salaam jay cutler...the list goes on but I'm tellin ya buddy I feel it this time shea is gonna bloom under fangio