The problem with drafting TRUBS............ TRUBS is a 1 hit wonder

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few things here 1) Me and some ppl. here felt Watson would've been the better choice for us. But now that we have trubs. I DO NOT WANT HIM TO FAIL, cuz that means we fail as a team and continue losing. Read that sentence again.

2) I'm coming to Watson's defense because he doesn't deserve to be pissed on and marginalized by you with all that he's accomplishment as a Qb and as a passer. He hasn't done anything as a passer, where he should feel ashamed and pissed on by you.

Don't worry about Watson's feelings so much. He doesn't give a shit about yours.

They're both going to be good.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
Thank you for the contribution. Now you know ....where a Qb is drafted has no bearing on how he will perform in the NFL

Of course not but I said it was the reason he got drafted lower and followed it up with we can't know their futures so it's been addressed whether you want to hear it or not. This discussion isn't about what ifs, it's been about projections. Agreed. SO intangibles and tangibles should come into play.

ok.....fair enuff. What can we say about all the Td passes he's tossed. What's that ratio.
Over twice as bad as Trubisky's 5-1. (2.4-1) right so Watson has thrown more TD's and accounted for point production

They all are. Ya never know if ya got a P.Manning or a Ryan Leaf. What ya can't project is whats in a guys heart and mind.

What I'm saying is some ppl can project the intangibles and tangibles better than others.
Typical nonsensical response that goes against yourself. Those that can project attributes better get paid to do it and actually draft these guys. That happened.

This is where you point at Dak and Wilson but it doesn't change anything. Getting it wrong at times isn't a good reason to take a weaker prospect earlier. It happens at every position. Big Fucking Deal. I'm not down on Watson so I won't bash him but I preferred Trubisky for a few reasons... and so did the NFL.

Guys that do it for living. It's why they get paid for it and we don't... and we're back to how they got drafted. You are going in circles again. You make a point that directly contradicts your supposition and then ignore the the facts surrounding it. That scouts and GMs missing supports nothing other than it being an imperfect science which we all knew ahead of time. They get more right than wrong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A few things here 1) Me and some ppl. here felt Watson would've been the better choice for us. But now that we have trubs. I DO NOT WANT HIM TO FAIL, cuz that means we fail as a team and continue losing. Read that sentence again.

2) I'm coming to Watson's defense because he doesn't deserve to be pissed on and marginalized by you with all that he's accomplishment as a Qb and as a passer. He hasn't done anything as a passer, where he should feel ashamed and pissed on by you.

Like you pissed on Trubisky for months and still after he was a Bear. I agree that turnaround is not fair play but you're hardly the guy that should be playing that violin. I would go so far as saying you generated a lot of that Watson flak from others countering you attacks on Mitchell. You remain your own worst enemy.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Like you pissed on Trubisky for months and still after he was a Bear. I agree that turnaround is not fair play but you're hardly the guy that should be playing that violin. I would go so far as saying you generated a lot of that Watson flak from others countering you attacks on Mitchell. You remain your own worst enemy.

I never "pissed on trubs" what I said I backed up prior to the draft ( i.e. his performance and "resume") . I'm not playing a violin ( don't know where u got that).
If you've been following along....I would never say trubs was not a "NFL QB"( which is what the op said about Watson) or that trubs was a horrible QB who could only run That would be "pissing on him".

Now I and others here felt Watson would've been the better choice. HOWEVER like I said b4 I don't want trubs to fail. If he fails, it means we're losing. And, I don't wanna go thru another cycle of losing and having to hear all the excuses.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never "pissed on trubs" what I said I backed up prior to the draft ( i.e. his performance and "resume") . I'm not playing a violin ( don't know where u got that).
If you've been following along....I would never say trubs was not a "NFL QB"( which is what the op said about Watson) or that trubs was a horrible QB who could only run That would be "pissing on him".

Now I and others here felt Watson would've been the better choice. HOWEVER like I said b4 I don't want trubs to fail. If he fails, it means we're losing. And, I don't wanna go thru another cycle of losing and having to hear all the excuses.

Can't even own it. How sad.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
He's played scarcely a dozen games in his entire career in college. That to me is the scary part. And he did not play very well in several of those games. That is another scary part. How he will react to the speed of the pro game is anyone's guess but that is true for any rookie quarterback. THe fact that he is not blessed with a good offensive line and has a bargain basement set of receivers should also scare us.

That being said, I hope the kid doesn't have to play this season because of the ass beating he would get. Keep him off of the field while he learns and hopefully whoever the new coach and GM will be will give him some legitimate help to aid him on the field.

THIS

This post hit it on the head. Some of us do have legitimate concerns. In time I hope that Trubs can remove all doubt. I must also add that I am a huge proponent of bad teams getting "more" picks in the draft, not "less" picks. For example that Super Bowl Champion Bears team was built through the draft. Also see how the Cowboys and some other teams have been resurrected through the years by blockbuster trades to get "more" draft picks. I was hoping the Bears would do the same thing. That said, Trubs is ours now and I will be pulling for him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am pulling for Trubs but fans who don't view this drafting with rose colored glasses are only right to be a little concerned.... especially after giving up as much we did.

I think that any draft pick is a reason for concern until they have proved something in the NFL for at least a few years. Just because you are concerned about that draft pick doesn't mean that you cannot also be a bit optimistic about that player's potential.

As for the price of Trubisky, you need to stop mentioning that garbage. It has already been shown many times that the Bears paid fair market value for moving up to #2. Since Pace really WANTED Trubs and decided that he had to have him, he was intelligent in trading up to #2 to get him.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I'm not anointing him for anything, but I am not the coaches so that doesnt really matter. Just be patient and let him earn his way onto the field before judging him. Most on here, at least, are being hopeful that he will be a difference maker for the team. That's just what fans do.

Part of the reason that there are fewer instances of one-year starting QBs making it in the pros is because so few QBs get a chance to start to begin with, where guys with longer resumes end up getting more opportunities to play. To your point, one-year college starters carry more risk than others, yeah, but there are examples of guys succeeding in the pros in such circumstances too. Cam Newton was a one year starter, as the article pointed out. Kurt Warner was too, and look at how he turned out.

I would certainly be interested in a chart of the success rate of QBs based on how many years they played in college (where successful means a QB who was signed to a second contract and continued to play at a high level throughout it). Either way, given that most QBs amount to little or nothing, why not sit back and be hopeful that the guy ends up being a capable starter for us?
Just be patient??? Guy has been here a month already! What a bust.

Continue to cry, everyone!