The problem with drafting TRUBS............ TRUBS is a 1 hit wonder

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
*Yawn*

Do you need me to list off how many times the Heisman trophy winners turned out to be horseshit quarterbacks in the NFL? College success doesn't mean NFL success. All you can do it pick a guy who seemingly has the tangibles and intangibles you want out of a quarterback and see if he works out for you in the Pros.

Not sure where the "Heisman trophy winners" came into the discussion. The OP had some questions/issues about Watson's skill set. I merely pointed out or am pointing out that Watson's results seem to show he does have the "tangibles and intangibles" i.e. smarts, leadership, lift team, perform and win.

How a Qb performs at the pro level depends on an intense desire to be the best thru work ethic, film study, smarts etc. ( see Brady and Wilson) Other key components is the right coaches/coaching, "O" system and being surrounded by decent talent.

So yes "tangibles and intangibles" do play a role in how a Qb might progress in the pros. I believe both these guys have what it takes to succeed
at the next level

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You are so clueless when it comes to QBs! Watson was the easiest bust to pick out of the draft in a long time. He doesn't have any skills that are good as far as playing pro QB. All he has is his "special it", "winner trait". His running bailed him out so many time in NCAA, but that wont work in the pros. If he tries to run he will get hurt, and if he doesn't run he was get exposed as a bad QB.

He has no excuse with the Texans. He has a good Oline, very good RBs, great WR core. His only competition is Tom Savage, who was less of a prospect then Nathan Peterman. How long do you think it will take Watson to start a game?

I am sure O'Brian is going to come up with some super simple offense that will work for a few weeks before everyone in the NFL figures out how to exploit Watson, and force him to play like a real QB, which he doesn't have the skills to do. Then it is done for him. He will be a faded memory just like RGIII.

We get it. As you said in another thread.....Watson is NOT a "FIT" for the NFL. ( I have the exact quote ready if you need to see it). You do not like Watson as a Qb....got it.

Now you talk about ALL this RUNNING he does as though he were some UN-intelligent, 1970's Oklahoma / Nebraska wishbone Qb. But.... Tell us about his passing stats ( yds. , TD's vs picks, completion %) What do they show? What story do they tell? What did he do as a passer in high-profile, pressure packed games vs top "D"???

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I literally quoted what I responded to. You point to Watson's record, performance, results and leadership. The last of which is one of those tangibles we know are good to have in quarterbacks. The rest is mainly what I was responding to in reference to Heisman winning quarterbacks. Those are the quarterbacks that always have great records, performances and results across their college careers. The vast majority of them never translate it to the Pro game. FWIW I think Watson has a good chance of not being one of those guys I am talking about.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is an interview with Jordan Palmer, the guy Watson paid a lot of money to work with him and show him how to throw a football at the combine and pro day so that he doesn't embarrass himself. At 2:17 in the interview they asked Jordan "..you brought up his leadership and intangibles, but what does he do on the football field well?" Jordan could not answer, he just back tracked to he just makes plays and wins games lada lada lada... The last QB that Jordan Palmer work with was Christian Hackenberg, who in my opinion will have a similar NFL success to Watson.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I literally quoted what I responded to. You point to Watson's record, performance, results and leadership. The last of which is one of those tangibles we know are good to have in quarterbacks. The rest is mainly what I was responding to in reference to Heisman winning quarterbacks. Those are the quarterbacks that always have great records, performances and results across their college careers. The vast majority of them never translate it to the Pro game. FWIW I think Watson has a good chance of not being one of those guys I am talking about.

glad we can agree.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Here is an interview with Jordan Palmer, the guy Watson paid a lot of money to work with him and show him how to throw a football at the combine and pro day so that he doesn't embarrass himself. At 2:17 in the interview they asked Jordan "..you brought up his leadership and intangibles, but what does he do on the football field well?" Jordan could not answer, he just back tracked to he just makes plays and wins games lada lada lada... The last QB that Jordan Palmer work with was Christian Hackenberg, who in my opinion will have a similar NFL success to Watson.

2 things 1) please address this:
We get it. As you said in another thread.....Watson is NOT a "FIT" for the NFL. ( I have the exact quote ready if you need to see it). You do not like Watson as a Qb....got it.

Now you talk about ALL this RUNNING he does as though he were some UN-intelligent, 1970's Oklahoma / Nebraska wishbone Qb. But.... Tell us about his passing stats ( yds. , TD's vs picks, completion %) What do they show? What story do they tell? What did he do as a passer in high-profile, pressure packed games vs top "D"???

2) Please provide a link for "Here is an interview with Jordan Palmer,". I wanna personally analyze exactly what was said in it's FULL context.
Thanks in advance for taking care of these 2 requests.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

His numbers tell us that he played on one of the top 2 teams the majority of his college career. When you say he has played against the best competition that is misleading. The fact is he has only played 3 games against teams that had equal or greater talent then his team. Those teams were 2014 Florida State, 2015 Alabama, and 2016 Alabama. He finally got the win on his last try .. if Alabama would of won in 2016 maybe Watson would be know as the QB that cant close big games.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post

His numbers tell us that he played on one of the top 2 teams the majority of his college career. When you say he has played against the best competition that is misleading. The fact is he has only played 3 games against teams that had equal or greater talent then his team. Those teams were 2014 Florida State, 2015 Alabama, and 2016 Alabama. He finally got the win on his last try .. if Alabama would of won in 2016 maybe Watson would be know as the QB that cant close big games.

ok...u cherry-picked what u wanted answer. You still haven't DIRECTLY addressed the below comment ( emphasis on the bold) :
Watson was the easiest bust to pick out of the draft in a long time. He doesn't have any skills that are good as far as playing pro QB.

All he has is his "special it", "winner trait". His running bailed him out so many time in NCAA, but that wont work in the pros. If he tries to run he will get hurt, and if he doesn't run he was get exposed as a bad QB.

Also.....

2) Please provide a link for "Here is an interview with Jordan Palmer,". I wanna personally analyze exactly what was said in it's FULL context. Note: If u can't supply a source.....then it didn't happen

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2 things 1) please address this:

2) Please provide a link for "Here is an interview with Jordan Palmer,". I wanna personally analyze exactly what was said in it's FULL context.
Thanks in advance for taking care of these 2 requests.

http://m.houstontexans.com/news/art...he link Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ok...u cherry-picked what u wanted answer. You still haven't DIRECTLY addressed the below comment ( emphasis on the bold) :

Also.....

No he's not a very good passer. He has bad feet mechanics, below average arm strength, his accuracy is inconsistent. How many guys have questionable mechanics and a week arm and can make it in the NFL you have to have one or the other he has neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No he's not a very good passer. He has bad feet mechanics, below average arm strength, his accuracy is inconsistent. How many guys have questionable mechanics and a week arm and can make it in the NFL you have to have one or the other he has neither.

No he's not a very good passer.

satchice have u looked at his passing #'s ????? address it and we'll move on to your other comments.

-------

side note
I looked up this link. It didn't say anything about Palmer " dodging pointed questions".

However, it was a positive reference to how former Clemson players ( in the NFL) were telling ppl. to take Watson. Also the article talked about the respect players already have for Watson i.e. Tom Savage

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No problem...I'll take this URL and look for the link.

Next .....please address the below comments ( emphasis on the bold)

I'm not really sure what you want me to say. I said I don't think he has any skills that would make him an NFL quarterback. And I also think is running game helped him as a passer in the collegiate level. I don't think you'll have the opportunity to run in the professional level.

So what exactly do you want me to address? Is there a skill that you see that is going to help him as a passer.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Run and Shit looks at gaudy passing stats and immediately believes they equate to transferable skills. He was on Manziel's and Pryor's cocks too, so I'm not sure why you bother.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not really sure what you want me to say. I said I don't think he has any skills that would make him an NFL quarterback. And I also think is running game helped him as a passer in the collegiate level. I don't think you'll have the opportunity to run in the professional level.

So what exactly do you want me to address? Is there a skill that you see that is going to help him as a passer.

My comment earlier was:
Now you talk about ALL this RUNNING he does as though he were some UN-intelligent, 1970's Oklahoma / Nebraska wishbone Qb. But.... Tell us about his passing stats ( yds. , TD's vs picks, completion %) What do they show? What story do they tell?

So are you going to sit here and say you've checked his passing #'s and say they are based on him "running"

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
satchice have u looked at his passing #'s ????? address it and we'll move on to your other comments.

Ive seen his numbers and there is nothing there that is earth shattering..

In the 2 years as a full time starter his stats are

721 CMP 1070 Att 67.3 Pct 8702 Yards 8.1 Y/A 76 TDs 30 INTs 2.53 TD/INT

What in theses stats are really eye popping in a spread offense? These numbers are Davis Webb like numbers.. They are good. but not Crazy good.

If stats are the thing that sells you, there are a lot of guys with much better stats like Luke Falk for example here are his last 2 years.
890 CMP 1277 Att 69.7 Pct 9029 Yards 7.2 Y/A 76TD 19 INTs 4 TD/INT

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

ranked 73 Clemson 165.9 rushing/gm. Last 3 games 159.3 rushing last game 91.0 rushing THis helped Watson's passing...lol

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

-------

side note
I looked up this link. It didn't say anything about Palmer " dodging pointed questions".

However, it was a positive reference to how former Clemson players ( in the NFL) were telling ppl. to take Watson. Also the article talked about the respect players already have for Watson i.e. Tom Savage

It is actually a video of a interview with Palmer.. let me link it for ya

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/QB-guru-Deshaun-Watson-is-dynamic-leader-/f3b72e98-249f-43c9-8c7b-4913226c3fff

The question is at 2:12.. and this is a Houston Texans site so of course it is a fluff piece on Watson...

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ranked 73 Clemson 165.9 rushing/gm. Last 3 games 159.3 rushing last game 91.0 rushing THis helped Watson's passing...lol

I see why you are confused. I didn't mean the team's running game. I meant Watson as a duel threat running QB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ive seen his numbers and there is nothing there that is earth shattering..

In the 2 years as a full time starter his stats are

721 CMP 1070 Att 67.3 Pct 8702 Yards 8.1 Y/A 76 TDs 30 INTs 2.53 TD/INT

What in theses stats are really eye popping in a spread offense? These numbers are Davis Webb like numbers.. They are good. but not Crazy good.

If stats are the thing that sells you, there are a lot of guys with much better stats like Luke Falk for example here are his last 2 years.
890 CMP 1277 Att 69.7 Pct 9029 Yards 7.2 Y/A 76TD 19 INTs 4 TD/INT

In 2016......Passing Yards Leaders - All Players Watson was ranked 3rd in the nation passing . He was 3rd in passing Td's. Tenth nation-wide in pass comp. % He had a higher % 2015 ( ohh what horrible "accuracy") . He also had 93 Td passes in his career. Yet he's a horrible passer

:obama:.