Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You guys can argue about this until '18. The leadership, experience, blah blah. He was the best prospect in my mind, but that doesn't mean he's the second coming of whom?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm not anointing him for anything, but I am not the coaches so that doesnt really matter. Just be patient and let him earn his way onto the field before judging him. Most on here, at least, are being hopeful that he will be a difference maker for the team. That's just what fans do.

Part of the reason that there are fewer instances of one-year starting QBs making it in the pros is because so few QBs get a chance to start to begin with, where guys with longer resumes end up getting more opportunities to play. To your point, one-year college starters carry more risk than others, yeah, but there are examples of guys succeeding in the pros in such circumstances too. Cam Newton was a one year starter, as the article pointed out. Kurt Warner was too, and look at how he turned out.

I would certainly be interested in a chart of the success rate of QBs based on how many years they played in college (where successful means a QB who was signed to a second contract and continued to play at a high level throughout it). Either way, given that most QBs amount to little or nothing, why not sit back and be hopeful that the guy ends up being a capable starter for us?

Note: Newton did win a junior college national championship ( at Blinn)....so he wasn't ur avg. "one year proper starter" As for trubs.....I'd see him than jay

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That was one of the best dislike's I've ever given...

self-five.gif

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Literally no one has said or implied this, unless you can point some posts out to me? There are a lot of guys shitting all over the pick at every opportunity though.

Just by reading these posts and the crying, bitching,and proclaiming that both Pace and Trubisky are complete failures and will and have ruined this team for yrs to come.

Well guess what,I'm going out on a limb here,and saying that these are the same cry babies that lost the 2017 election and can't stop there ranting,(especially because of what Mitch), got ya'all to bitch about!
If you can't except your president you'll never except Trubisky as your franchise QB. "So do like you do on facebook",Just keep making asses of yourselves !!!!!!!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well since member names are in Impact font or something similar I's and l's look the same. Which of the following is an I or an l?
I l I l l I I l I l
Hint: There are 5 of each.

I'm not font challenged, your world is just Times Roman small.

I L I L L I I L I L, you do realize people can't change the font on their usernames...right? You can however quote someone's post and change the font to view their username's letters even if you're using some odd forum skin that changes the fonts.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why are we talking about fonts? It will not be long.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
True.

The argument that the Bears paying Glennon $18.5M next year to be the franchise QB was stupid if they knew they were drafting a QB is just lazy and ignorant of the facts. Forget that they had no idea that Trubisky, whom Pace had been targeting even during the college season, would be available to pick until the moment SF accepted he made the trade to draft him.

Forget the $18.5M number, as it just seems like a huge sum of money. In the reality that is the NFL QB world, Glennon is being paid by the Bears as the 22nd highest average salary Qb, 21st next season, even if he is cut after the season, his extra money would still only raise him to the 15th best compensated QB over the next year. If the Bears had the 22nd best NFL QB and had a chance at a guy they thought was franchise level, a guy that more than one scout has said is the best prospect over the last 6 seasons, would it not be wise to take him?

Who argues that, "hey you've got this unknown guy you are paying below average market , why would you want to upgrade?"

Who wants 2 chances at a franchise Qb when you can have one.

The biggest head scratchers about people complaining about Glennon's salary and the Trubisky pick, in no particular order...

1) we are way under the cap so it makes no difference -- we could be paying him $38m this year and it would be immterial;
2) it is not our money;
3) people moaning about overpaying him because he was "garbage" and then reverting to worrying about his perceived hurt feelings over picking Trubisky.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I L I L L I I L I L, you do realize people can't change the font on their usernames...right? You can however quote someone's post and change the font to view their username's letters even if you're using some odd forum skin that changes the fonts.
For the love of God...

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
We're just excited to have a good QB prospect in here and everyone is aware of the possibility of him failing. What was the point of this thread besides being a killjoy?

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Just by reading these posts and the crying, bitching,and proclaiming that both Pace and Trubisky are complete failures and will and have ruined this team for yrs to come.

Well guess what,I'm going out on a limb here,and saying that these are the same cry babies that lost the 2017 election and can't stop there ranting,(especially because of what Mitch), got ya'all to bitch about!
If you can't except your president you'll never except Trubisky as your franchise QB. "So do like you do on facebook",Just keep making asses of yourselves !!!!!!!

You forgot to add an apostrophe in "yourselves".

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're just excited to have a good QB prospect in here and everyone is aware of the possibility of him failing. What was the point of this thread besides being a killjoy?

If this is enough to kill your joy then you weren't very joyful to begin with. Really, just don't give a shit what people think. If you're hyped, be hyped. If you're cautiously optimistic be cautiously optimistic. I can't wait for the pre-season just to get a glimpse of the kid. No one can kill my excitement.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Has anyone noticed that the OP has just 6 posts, joined in April and already is among the red bar squad?

I am beginning to think that many of these type of posters are just Rush creating "posters" for click bait.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I love it when people post drivel and immediately bail. Why are some of you bothering to respond?

I think that NorCal and the OP are one and the same. So he did post drivel but I think that he didn't bail, just went to his alt.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love it when people post drivel and immediately bail. Why are some of you bothering to respond?

True dat. OP will probably never be seen from again.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
I know this won't be popular on this board because it appears that many on this board have already anointed TRUBS the next great QB in the NFL without him ever taking an NFL snap.

No, we haven't. But Gott Damn are fans acting more like a gf that found your phone unlocked. "Like OMG, why is there text to three different girls on your phone! Who do you think you are, Genghis Khan?!"

My avatar has better predictive skills than you. So stop acting like a cunt before anything's been set in stone, and let shit slide where it falls.