The problem with drafting TRUBS............ TRUBS is a 1 hit wonder

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The Bears did not give up a ton to get Trubisky. They gave up a ton to get Jay Cutler.

If the Bears are more healthy and get better play from the QB position they will win more games and have to give up even more to get the best QB. If you're going to make a trade, make certain you don't give up an additional first round pick to do so.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears did not give up a ton to get Trubisky. They gave up a ton to get Jay Cutler.

If the Bears are more healthy and get better play from the QB position they will win more games and have to give up even more to get the best QB. If you're going to make a trade, make certain you don't give up an additional first round pick to do so.

That is fucking Special person. Every general manager in the league has the right to trade what is necessary within reason to go up and get his quarterback he believes to be the franchise's future. As this draft and many others before have shown, many if not most of the times the cost is the extra first round pick if not more.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I know this won't be popular on this board because it appears that many on this board have already anointed TRUBS the next great QB in the NFL without him ever taking an NFL snap.

I stopped reading your post after the first sentence because "without him ever taking an NFL snap" was a) the only accurate thing in it and b) the very definition of why he can't be a one hit wonder.

This may be hard to understand but those of us choosing to be positive about us finally taking a shot at a QB are not crowning anyone. We are just pleased to have a plan in place at the most important position in sports. If he fails, we'll likely have wasted three years and three mid-round picks. If he succeeds we are relevant, something we haven't been for a decade. I'll take three years over a decade.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I am so tired of these short sighted hatchet jobs by these national clowns.

If I hear "didn't they sign Mike Glennon to big money" one more time I am going to climb the bell tower.

The Glennon move is pure genius.

1. He is the only veteran QB who actually provides enough intrigue and upside to keep fans engaged.
2. He is young and could have trade value
3. He allowed you to be picky about the QB you took in the draft

For 18.5 million that is a steal.

It is absolutely infuriating when people trot this hot take out. To me, it really highlights just how irrelevant the Bears have been since 2006 so to an extent they are victims of their own ineptitude.

They have dropped off the radar to such an extent that all most media hacks know about them is that they stuck with Cutler with eight years and isn't that dumb. So when they take two shots as solving the QB problem, the hacks view the move through the lens of "these guys suck at evaluating the QB position so the moves make no sense". The moves aren't judged in the context of a large amount of cap space.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad Paces draft was this bad so he can get the fuck out.

If Trubs fails, there will be no hiding his 2017 off-season efforts.

This is going to get ugly, and Trubs won't be able to save it. We will probably traumatize him a bit, and hopefully the next regime can put a real offense and system around him he can succeed in.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stopped reading your post after the first sentence because "without him ever taking an NFL snap" was a) the only accurate thing in it and b) the very definition of why he can't be a one hit wonder.

This may be hard to understand but those of us choosing to be positive about us finally taking a shot at a QB are not crowning anyone. We are just pleased to have a plan in place at the most important position in sports. If he fails, we'll likely have wasted three years and three mid-round picks. If he succeeds we are relevant, something we haven't been for a decade. I'll take three years over a decade.

how would you know that was the only thing accurate in it if you didn't read it? da fuk?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky is Kris Bryant -- the golden fleece who will save this franchise.

The 2017 Bears season should be written off as "preparation" for his development and the greatness to come with only Mitch's preseason games televised nationally.

Auto-ban for anyone that dares question his 10 out of 13 game greatness or obvious lack of leadership skills.

Self-ban in my case.

Literally no one has said or implied this, unless you can point some posts out to me? There are a lot of guys shitting all over the pick at every opportunity though.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am so tired of these short sighted hatchet jobs by these national clowns.

If I hear "didn't they sign Mike Glennon to big money" one more time I am going to climb the bell tower.

The Glennon move is pure genius.

1. He is the only veteran QB who actually provides enough intrigue and upside to keep fans engaged.
2. He is young and could have trade value
3. He allowed you to be picky about the QB you took in the draft

For 18.5 million that is a steal.

It is absolutely infuriating when people trot this hot take out. To me, it really highlights just how irrelevant the Bears have been since 2006 so to an extent they are victims of their own ineptitude.

They have dropped off the radar to such an extent that all most media hacks know about them is that they stuck with Cutler with eight years and isn't that dumb. So when they take two shots as solving the QB problem, the hacks view the move through the lens of "these guys suck at evaluating the QB position so the moves make no sense". The moves aren't judged in the context of a large amount of cap space.
True.

The argument that the Bears paying Glennon $18.5M next year to be the franchise QB was stupid if they knew they were drafting a QB is just lazy and ignorant of the facts. Forget that they had no idea that Trubisky, whom Pace had been targeting even during the college season, would be available to pick until the moment SF accepted he made the trade to draft him.

Forget the $18.5M number, as it just seems like a huge sum of money. In the reality that is the NFL QB world, Glennon is being paid by the Bears as the 22nd highest average salary Qb, 21st next season, even if he is cut after the season, his extra money would still only raise him to the 15th best compensated QB over the next year. If the Bears had the 22nd best NFL QB and had a chance at a guy they thought was franchise level, a guy that more than one scout has said is the best prospect over the last 6 seasons, would it not be wise to take him?

Who argues that, "hey you've got this unknown guy you are paying below average market , why would you want to upgrade?"

Who wants 2 chances at a franchise Qb when you can have one.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitch Trubisky is Kris Bryant -- the golden fleece who will save this franchise.

The 2017 Bears season should be written off as "preparation" for his development and the greatness to come with only Mitch's preseason games televised nationally.

Auto-ban for anyone that dares question his 10 out of 13 game greatness or obvious lack of leadership skills.

Self-ban in my case.
Sobefore you go, is it Iaputan or Laputan, I can never figure it out?

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Some may have anointed him... most are optimistically hopeful that his best days are ahead of him. The Foles and McCown comparisons are .... not good ones.. to say it nicely. But there is a chance that had he stayed in school , he may have regressed. I didn't want the team to draft him for that reason... but now that he is here... I'll wait and see how he actually handles a real NFL snap. At worst... he looks totally like shit and we can draft a QB again next year with our apparent top five pick (according to most predictions)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That has no bearing on it. Obviously I am purely speculating there. But make no mistake, if that was Mitch's way of sending a message without words there is no chance in hell he hurts his draft stock by saying anything negative about Fedora keeping him benched and of course Fedora is going to use Mitch getting taken #2 overall as a feather in his cap. Fedora also had nothing to gain by being opposed to any decision Mitch made. I highly doubt he gave a shit about a guy that kept him on the bench and was the #1 frustration for him in college.

But sending a message how? Mitch was gone whether he loved or hated Fedora because his draft stock was too high and next year's class may be better.

He had to come out this year period so there would be no logical reason for him to remain nor would Fedora care about any perceived message. Fedora would be the first one to tell him if he is a top 10 pick to leave.

So there really is no reason for Mitch to want to say fuck you to anyone. He was frustrated about not starting but at the end of the day he was smart enough to know it simply wasn't his time. He even said after Williams was benched for a half that he wouldn't want to win the starting job that way.

And the transfer talk was stupid to begin with. Williams was gone at the end of the year and as a transfer he would have to sit the following year unless he transferred to a DII school. That would be Special person. He was guaranteed to start in 2016 and UNC was a better place to showcase his skills in 2016 as opposed to playing in DII or sitting out a year and starting someplace else in 2017.

So the transfer talk was never serious. It was just a dude feeling a bit frustrated but he knew ultimately the decision was logical and fair. He simply had to wait his turn as a lower classman.

Point being he's not immature enough to truly have been pissed at Fedora for what was a logical decision and that is born out by how he ultimately reacted. Him and Fedora have no beef whatsoever. Fedora was in Philly for the draft with Trubiksy.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fair enough.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sobefore you go, is it Iaputan or Laputan, I can never figure it out?

Do you even font? If it was an I it would show as an I. That is an l or since you're font challenged an L.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The problem with your rant is that 99% of this message board is pro Trubisky. The other 1%, or 3 posters, say something negative about Trubisky, and someone replies with a post which ridicules them, which in turn gets that post about 30 thanks. Rinse and repeat. You are getting yourself worked up over nothing.

The problem with the 1-3% of posters being negative is that they are bringing up the same pathetic arguments about why someone should be upset about the Trubisky pick, and bringing absolutely nothing of any value to discuss.

-Trubisky only had 13 starts
-They gave up too much to get him / he would've been there at 3 #fleect
-He lacks leadership
-Did Fox know they were going to trade for him?
-National media people mocking the pick

No one cares about any of this shit. People are excited that the Bears actually drafted a quarterback and the people that hated the pick are pretending that this means people think he will be a future HOF. It is just nonsense. If you go into a thread with these same whiny arguments then you will be mocked, and deservedly so.

Edit: also the stupid comparisons people are making comparing trubisky (a player who has played 0 snaps in the NFL) to any current or former players (generally players that suck)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Do you even font? If it was an I it would show as an I. That is an l or since you're font challenged an L.
Well since member names are in Impact font or something similar I's and l's look the same. Which of the following is an I or an l?
I l I l l I I l I l
Hint: There are 5 of each.

I'm not font challenged, your world is just Times Roman small.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever, this kid is the truth.

#Truthbisky

Truthbisky!!

Bumped and voted for his nickname. If he can earn that on sticking, I'm all for it. Best I have seen yet.