The QB no one is talking about.....

Perspective

Liked Posts:
The wild card is Carson Wentz.... especially if the Eagles decide to draft a QB at 6 or decide they want to go with Hurts ..... this could easily happen.... the Eagles have a new coach coming in ... he may decide he wants a rookie QB like Wilson or Lance and let Wentz go. .... yeah they take a cap hit but they are not going to win next year with rookie QB anyways so they take the lumps next year and start fresh with their new coach having some time to build from scratch

Wentz is someone Nagy will fall in love with as he has played in a similar system under him. He provides Nagy and Pace with an option they can win with immediately next year.... they may have to restructure the contract .... getting Wentz could help them get ARob to sign too .... they may trade someone like Fuller to get it done and roll with Johnson and Vildor at CB next year with Shelley in the slot and then draft OT first round and CB 2nd round .... Wentz is proven, young enough that he can be a franchise QB for the next 10+ years and Eagles are motivated to dump him and move on from that contract.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Several people have talked about him. It’s a resounding no.

What other realistic option you have? Texans are not trading Watson away and we are not giving up multiple 1st round picks to get him or moving up in the draft .... The Panthers/Jets/Jags maybe even Cowboys, Falcons and Eagles are desperate for QB in this draft no way they let the Bears trade up and get someone like Wilson or Fields.

In FA - Fitz is the only QB who might actually make this team competitive to win 8-10 games if the D can rebound with Goldman and Roq back and better years from Quinn and EJax

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The wild card is Carson Wentz.... especially if the Eagles decide to draft a QB at 6 or decide they want to go with Hurts ..... this could easily happen.... the Eagles have a new coach coming in ... he may decide he wants a rookie QB like Wilson or Lance and let Wentz go. .... yeah they take a cap hit but they are not going to win next year with rookie QB anyways so they take the lumps next year and start fresh with their new coach having some time to build from scratch

Wentz is someone Nagy will fall in love with as he has played in a similar system under him. He provides Nagy and Pace with an option they can win with immediately next year.... they may have to restructure the contract .... getting Wentz could help them get ARob to sign too .... they may trade someone like Fuller to get it done and roll with Johnson and Vildor at CB next year with Shelley in the slot and then draft OT first round and CB 2nd round .... Wentz is proven, young enough that he can be a franchise QB for the next 10+ years and Eagles are motivated to dump him and move on from that contract.

Eagles take a QB at 6? Did you forget Pederson got fired because he wanted to ride with Hurts.

Killing me smalls.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
What other realistic option you have? Texans are not trading Watson away and we are not giving up multiple 1st round picks to get him or moving up in the draft .... The Panthers/Jets/Jags maybe even Cowboys, Falcons and Eagles are desperate for QB in this draft no way they let the Bears trade up and get someone like Wilson or Fields.

In FA - Fitz is the only QB who might actually make this team competitive to win 8-10 games if the D can rebound with Goldman and Roq back and better years from Quinn and EJax
Falcons still have Ryan and Eagles still have Wentz/Hurts. Until someone trades a massive haul that doesn’t change. Same with the Panthers and Teddy. Gotta draft a QB. Let Foles and another veteran command the tank for now.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

wentz is not going anywhere...lurie sided with wentz which is why pederson was kicked to the curb. It wouldnt make sense for lurie to then trade wentz away...

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Wentz is the only FA QB I’d be interested in but his contract would be a non starter. If he was released or the Eagles had to part finance a deal then I’d be keen but it’s not going to happen.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m intrigued by Franks from Arkansas in the later rounds. Good size, solid arm, accurate, and will not cost any draft capital to get.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think we'd have a better shot at trading for Hurts.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:

Wentz isn't even a realistic option unless 1) Philly throws in draft picks to take on his awful contract and 2) Chicago clears significant cap space to take on his roughly $35 million cap hit in 2021.

Let's also not forget the fact that Wentz is broken and Nagy has done nothing throughout his coaching career that would suggest that he could fix him. Nagy's answer to a broken Trubisky? More bubble screens.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here’s a 7 page thread from just a couple weeks ago, talking about Carson Wentz being the Bears QB for 2021. Do you know how to use the search function? Or did u just want everyone to read your post so you created a duplicate thread?

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Falcons still have Ryan and Eagles still have Wentz/Hurts. Until someone trades a massive haul that doesn’t change. Same with the Panthers and Teddy. Gotta draft a QB. Let Foles and another veteran command the tank for now.

I'm good with this idea. Let Foles and (picks names from hat) Fitzpatrick, Brissett, Beathard "battle it out" for the starting job and build the O-line and D-line through the draft. Focus should be on 2022. Chicago isn't competing for shit in 2021 and I don't trust Pace to draft a QB whatsoever if I'm the McCaskey's.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I'm good with this idea. Let Foles and (picks names from hat) Fitzpatrick, Brissett, Beathard "battle it out" for the starting job and build the O-line and D-line through the draft. Focus should be on 2022. Chicago isn't competing for shit in 2021 and I don't trust Pace to draft a QB whatsoever if I'm the McCaskey's.
Only problem is allegedly the 22 qb class sucks. I’d be ok with getting one this year and hoping one year of Pace/Nagy doesn’t hinder them too much

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm really intrigued by

Johnson
Vildor
Shelley

As our starting corners

That would be so fun to watch