The QB no one is talking about.....

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Wentz is absolutely staying now that Pederson got fired.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Maybe Andy Dalton will be available too. IMHO Mitch has seen his last down in a Bear uniform. Foles is well...Foles. Pace and Nagy will be gone after next season if they don't deliver big time. So I'm guessing they grab the best vet on the open market and/or trade up for a true starter in the draft, which is riskier. QB development, though I never saw it from Nagy in Chicago, is out the window. Which is why I lean towards them grabbing a vet.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maybe Andy Dalton will be available too. IMHO Mitch has seen his last down in a Bear uniform. Foles is well...Foles. Pace and Nagy will be gone after next season if they don't deliver big time. So I'm guessing they grab the best vet on the open market and/or trade up for a true starter in the draft, which is riskier. QB development, though I never saw it from Nagy in Chicago, is out the window. Which is why I lean towards them grabbing a vet.

Dalton is trash.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The wild card is Carson Wentz.... especially if the Eagles decide to draft a QB at 6 or decide they want to go with Hurts ..... this could easily happen.... the Eagles have a new coach coming in ... he may decide he wants a rookie QB like Wilson or Lance and let Wentz go. .... yeah they take a cap hit but they are not going to win next year with rookie QB anyways so they take the lumps next year and start fresh with their new coach having some time to build from scratch

Wentz is someone Nagy will fall in love with as he has played in a similar system under him. He provides Nagy and Pace with an option they can win with immediately next year.... they may have to restructure the contract .... getting Wentz could help them get ARob to sign too .... they may trade someone like Fuller to get it done and roll with Johnson and Vildor at CB next year with Shelley in the slot and then draft OT first round and CB 2nd round .... Wentz is proven, young enough that he can be a franchise QB for the next 10+ years and Eagles are motivated to dump him and move on from that contract.

"The wild card is Carson Wentz"

:oprah2:

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What other realistic option you have? Texans are not trading Watson away and we are not giving up multiple 1st round picks to get him or moving up in the draft .... The Panthers/Jets/Jags maybe even Cowboys, Falcons and Eagles are desperate for QB in this draft no way they let the Bears trade up and get someone like Wilson or Fields.

In FA - Fitz is the only QB who might actually make this team competitive to win 8-10 games if the D can rebound with Goldman and Roq back and better years from Quinn and EJax
Uh, have you seen the Bears with Mack and Cutler? And have you seen what Bears Coaches did when they were desperate. Never say never when someone don't want to play for you, and never say never when you are a person who works for the Bears.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Uh, have you seen the Bears with Mack and Cutler? And have you seen what Bears Coaches did when they were desperate. Never say never when someone don't want to play for you, and never say never when you are a person who works for the Bears.

Cutler? "Never say never when someone don't want to play for you" ???

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The wild card is Carson Wentz.... especially if the Eagles decide to draft a QB at 6 or decide they want to go with Hurts ..... this could easily happen.... the Eagles have a new coach coming in ... he may decide he wants a rookie QB like Wilson or Lance and let Wentz go. .... yeah they take a cap hit but they are not going to win next year with rookie QB anyways so they take the lumps next year and start fresh with their new coach having some time to build from scratch

Wentz is someone Nagy will fall in love with as he has played in a similar system under him. He provides Nagy and Pace with an option they can win with immediately next year.... they may have to restructure the contract .... getting Wentz could help them get ARob to sign too .... they may trade someone like Fuller to get it done and roll with Johnson and Vildor at CB next year with Shelley in the slot and then draft OT first round and CB 2nd round .... Wentz is proven, young enough that he can be a franchise QB for the next 10+ years and Eagles are motivated to dump him and move on from that contract.
This has been gone over so much it needs to never be talked about again.

Absolutely No

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mack never played with Cutler.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He would need to restructure his contract to an unrealistic extent in order for Carson Wentz to be worth it. I doubt he leaves all that money on the table just for an opportunity to start.

If the money were no object it would be a very intriguing idea, but committing salary cap seppuku for him is stupid. I'm sure most people already feel this way.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wentz is the only FA QB I’d be interested in but his contract would be a non starter. If he was released or the Eagles had to part finance a deal then I’d be keen but it’s not going to happen.
He isn’t a FA though.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The only way you take Wentz is if he came to the Bears on a Cam Newton type contract.

That ain’t happening.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What other realistic option you have? Texans are not trading Watson away and we are not giving up multiple 1st round picks to get him or moving up in the draft .... The Panthers/Jets/Jags maybe even Cowboys, Falcons and Eagles are desperate for QB in this draft no way they let the Bears trade up and get someone like Wilson or Fields.

In FA - Fitz is the only QB who might actually make this team competitive to win 8-10 games if the D can rebound with Goldman and Roq back and better years from Quinn and EJax
Fitzpatrick has only won 8 games or more in 1 season and that was 6 years ago and hasn’t won more than 5 since then.

He is just not a great quarterback and he is 38.

He would be only needed for a back up role.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd take Dalton over Foles/Mitch. Especially considering how cheap he'd be.

Dalton isn't better than foles, and foles is already under contract.

It would be a pointless move.

Pace/Nagy are looking to hit home runs so they can save their jobs, not grab trash QB's from the dumpster

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Fitzpatrick has only won 8 games or more in 1 season and that was 6 years ago and hasn’t won more than 5 since then.

He is just not a great quarterback and he is 38.

He would be only needed for a back up role.

Fitz has never played on a team with a top 10 D either....with Goldman coming back and a healthy Roquan, Jaylon, Mack and Quinn I think the Bears can rebound back to top 10 production

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fitz has never played on a team with a top 10 D either....with Goldman coming back and a healthy Roquan, Jaylon, Mack and Quinn I think the Bears can rebound back to top 10 production
And he won’t be in Chicago either.
How much is that due to him? People blame the Bears quarterback on the defense being tired.
This team is OLD....and getting OLDER.
They were the 2nd oldest team in the NFL .

Perspective

Liked Posts:
And he won’t be in Chicago either.
How much is that due to him? People blame the Bears quarterback on the defense being tired.
This team is OLD....and getting OLDER.
They were the 2nd oldest team in the NFL .

Starters on D:

Not old - Roquan Nichols Mack Fuller Jaylon J Vildor Shelley EJax Goldman Gipson Urban Rookie SS
Old - Hicks Quinn Trevathan

How is this D old in 2021? Even Quinn is not so old.....did you also notice how Justin Houston had a great year with the Colts? Tons of DL play well until they are 37 or so,,,,,,and none of our players are that old

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I don’t know about anybody else but I love the idea of bringing Wentz in to compete with Foles, the guy who’s status among the Philly fan base literally broke Wentz mentally. Sounds like a recipe for success.