The R.Pace good or bad at his job question still going.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Who signed Cody Parkey, and overpaid him? What if Pace didn't sign Mack? Those are questions that need to be examined, before making an accurate, realistic evaluation. Parkey's character is questionable in my opinion. I would have passed on him. Wouldn't make it in the Marine Corps!

He traded for Mack. Getting the kicking situation right dogs a lot of NFL GMs. Those guys are quirky.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He traded for Mack. Getting the kicking situation right dogs a lot of NFL GMs. Those guys are quirky.

Even if he never traded for mack, he drafted half the starters on this team, a lot of which were probowlers or alternates.

He's damn good at his job.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who signed Cody Parkey, and overpaid him? What if Pace didn't sign Mack? Those are questions that need to be examined, before making an accurate, realistic evaluation. Parkey's character is questionable in my opinion. I would have passed on him. Wouldn't make it in the Marine Corps!

But he did sign Mack so that point is completely irrelevant. Never heard Parkey had character issues. Please elaborate with links, please. The Marine Corps are also irrelevant. But, agreed, Parkey was a mistake and Pace should have moved during the years.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Question for the haters. What 3 GMs in the league have done a better job overall in the last 2 seasons? If you can't factually point to 3 based on their complete records from free agency to the draft (including their misses), then Ryan Pace is in the top 10%, you are being shortsighted and have unreasonable expectations about perfection.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parkey's character is questionable in my opinion. I would have passed on him. Wouldn't make it in the Marine Corps!

LoL

His character should have been questioned before he was signed to do nothing other than kick a football?!?

Memo to Ryan Pace: Before signing any free agents, please ask yourself, "What would the Marines think?"

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It amazes me people are still anti Pace. If you were to tell this board when we hired Pace he would turn this team into a legit super bowl contender for years with a pro bowl QB, one of the the brightest offensive minds in football for HC, the best defensive player in football in his prime, and multiple pro bowl selections people would be asking why the McCaskey’s haven’t started on the plans for his statue outside of Halas Hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan Pace has a career win rating of 26-38. Those stats don't require statues, you fucking idiot.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace has a career win rating of 26-38. Those stats don't require statues, you fucking idiot.

Taking over an old aging roster with zero young talent will give you that record. Since joining the team he's infused this team with one of if not the best young roster in the nfl.

I don't blame Pace on his record at all.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This thread is more emotional than a gaggle of women who just polished off their 4th bottle of Merlot at their latest book club meeting.

Just look at the stats and relax your back titties. Pace still has much to prove. You guys are crowning someone that literally hasn't won a playoff game yet.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This thread is more emotional than a gaggle of women who just polished off their 4th bottle of Merlot at their latest book club meeting.

Just look at the stats and relax your back titties. Pace still has much to prove. You guys are crowning someone that literally hasn't won a playoff game yet.
No u

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Taking over an old aging roster with zero young talent will give you that record. I don't blame Pace on his record at all.
Not this dumb ass argument again.

Nearly every single time a new GM takes over a roster, the roster stinks. That's how it works. Front offices aren't looking to replace GMs on teams that are good. Obviously.

Why does paces record fare unfavorably compared to other GMs that also took over shit rosters?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Question for the haters. What 3 GMs in the league have done a better job overall in the last 2 seasons? If you can't factually point to 3 based on their complete records from free agency to the draft (including their misses), then Ryan Pace is in the top 10%, you are being shortsighted and have unreasonable expectations about perfection.

These have all done pretty good.. Pace is somewhere mixed in

Belichick
Ballard
Snead
Loomis
Roseman
Schneider

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't blame Pace on his record at all.

LoL

This thread is a laugh riot.

Don't blame the GM for his team's record.

GM is doing a great job because players he drafted are playing.

Place kickers should be just like Marines.

Never change Bear Nation.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1)Key word was
2) not how "he was viewed in the league, but by some guy named Vinnie Iyer and another that can't even spell his first name correctly, Gregg Rosenthal. Who admittedly said, "Most writers don't want to rank general managers for fear of losing them as sources. That's not a problem here, because no NFL decision makers care what I have to say in the first place."

Who gives a rats ass about GM rankings. I just know Bears were 12-4 last year, won the division, and currently have players taking less money just to play here.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LoL

This thread is a laugh riot.

Don't blame the GM for his team's record.

GM is doing a great job because players he drafted are playing.

Place kickers should be just like Marines.

Never change Bear Nation.

The thread was doomed at the title's typing imo.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe you should hang out with nc0gnet0, he is all about what happened 2-3 years ago too. You guys can bond by reminiscing about the Lions dominance of the John Fox Bears.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe you should hang out with nc0gnet0, he is all about what happened 2-3 years ago too.
Hey dorkchop, win ratings are ever changing and represent a body of work.

Maybe your sick burn will make more sense after Ryan Pace has been retired for 2-3 years.

Perhaps he'll have a playoff victory by then.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Doubt we go 12-4, but when you have the best defense in the NFL and make the playoffs you are def. superbowl contenders.

Now we prob. won't ever win one unless Mitch takes the next step, but we can easily CONTEND for one year in year out even with last years mitch.

Okay, i love our defense but no matter what we think now losing V.Fangio, E.Donatell, A.Amos and B.Callahan could either hurt this defense more then we think/hope or at least make an adjustment period to where it takes some games for the new guys to come together and for everyone to get used to whatever scheme changes Pagano makes and there will be changes, i don't think there will be any big changes but there will be changes.

Now of course we do still have legit players all over that defense and the worry won't come around that front 7 so things could go very well for us and our front 7 be so good along with Prince staying healthy and Fuller and E.Jackson doing their thing but i guess i'm more of a wait and see guy and you're already all in on this matter.

Lets also not forget that health was finally on our side last year so health will be big again for this team.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hey dorkchop, win ratings are ever changing and represent a body of work.

Maybe your sick burn will make more sense after Ryan Pace has been retired for 2-3 years.

Perhaps he'll have a playoff victory by then.
Cool story bro. And talk about getting emo. Damn girl.