The Radio Guys are killing Phil and Trestman

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Yes it does. What makes me want to puke even more than Cutler's awful footwork, is Emery handing a guy, who can't even perform basic fundamentals, 3 years and 50+ million guaranteed. Bad footwork, horrible pocket presence\awareness, gets outplayed by McCown....just AWFUL. Emery went all in on Cutler which is why he hired Trestman in the first place, because he thought an offensive minded DEN MOTHER was going to fix him. Horribly stupid by Emery. He even included Jay in on the coaching hire. Meaning, he knew he was going to extend Jay from the get go. Embarrassing. JA gave up the farm for Jay and got the boot and now Emery went all in on Mr. Doooooooon't caaaaarrrree and could very well be doomed because of it. Josh McDaniels is a moron, but he at least knew that Jay was fools gold from the beginning.
Yeah, because he wanted to replace Jay with Matt Cassel.

The Bears ruined Jay Cutler, like they have every other QB they've put under center since the Favre era began.

Jay has his faults. No doubt. But I will always wonder what could have been. We have no clue how to develop QB's. None.

The more you look at Trestman's offense and the more you look at Jay's skillet the more you see oil and water. Arians was the right coach for this team and for Jay. Arians resurrected Carson Palmer' career before his knee injury. I mean, C'mon.

Just a small example but why hasn't Trestman rolled Jay out of the pocket this year? That's his strength. Yet he keeps him inside the pocket all game long throwing dink and dunk passes.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
From the press conference Emery gave on January 1, 2013:

Some of the current coaches on the staff "may end up back here". I would not rule out Rod Marinelli as defensive coordinator or Dave Toub as special teams coach.
Assistant coaches were given extra year at start of last season to protect them and protect the team. Very interesting. Emery seems to have had this change in mind from day one.
http://www.chicagonow.com/da-bears-blog/2013/01/on-emerys-press-conference-rapid-fire-recap/

From January 16, 2013:

"But according to one of the candidates that interviewed for the head coaching job, general manager Phil Emery indicated he'd like to bring back defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli to maintain continuity on a defense loaded with veteran players and three Pro Bowlers in cornerbacks Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings and defensive end Julius Peppers. "Phil loves (Marinelli), and I can see why watching all the Bears games," a source said. "The guy is a stud. The key is to get Rod back; not because he's under contract, but because he wants to work for you."
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...tman-former-cfl-coach-year-montreal-alouettes

So it's as I said. Phil didn't guarantee that rod would be back. Phil only wanted rod to be option 1 at dc

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Just learned that Mel Tucker and Joe DeCamillis is Phil Emery's hire and they had no connecting with Trestman.(I'm sure you guys knew that but)
It explains a lot and disheartening.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
That thing where Arians said that Emery told him he had to keep Marinelli is definitely a boondoggle. And it needs to be talked about. And it surely seems to be an indication that Emery is fucking brain dead and did not have a conversation with Marinelli about it. Please, somebody try to defend Emery on this. I would love to get myself suspended from this place right now anyway.
Emery is a moron. The Emery-ites come out to stick up for his great pick and his nerdiness, but the guy has no judgement of the actual game.

No doubt he's a great scout. You can take his detailed reports and weed through the overthought bullshit and find something of substance. But him as GM with the Trest pick was so fucking stupid.

Bruce Arians is 27-10 as head coach.

That is enough to fire Phil Emery.

mecha

Liked Posts:
who do you replace Emery with?

Trestman?

Mel Tucker??

what a sad, sordid state of affairs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Emery is a moron. The Emery-ites come out to stick up for his great pick and his nerdiness, but the guy has no judgement of the actual game.

No doubt he's a great scout. You can take his detailed reports and weed through the overthought bullshit and find something of substance. But him as GM with the Trest pick was so fucking stupid.

Bruce Arians is 27-10 as head coach.

That is enough to fire Phil Emery.

Dude im with ya kinda bro but i see a pattern of u scapegoating anyone as long as the people u chime in with are not scapegoating your boy cutler. Its actually comical at this point. What is ironic is that emery's biggest mistake was all really because your boy cutler. What gm has his qb help determine a hc hire? Cutler's gm. Who was the choice he went with? Cutler's choice. You wanna fire trestman and emery? All they did was go balls deep into giving cutler that contract, this is the result.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Dude im with ya kinda bro but i see a pattern of u scapegoating anyone as long as the people u chime in with are not scapegoating your boy cutler. Its actually comical at this point. What is ironic is that emery's biggest mistake was all really because your boy cutler. What gm has his qb help determine a hc hire? Cutler's gm. Who was the choice he went with? Cutler's choice. You wanna fire trestman and emery? All they did was go balls deep into giving cutler that contract, this is the result.
I never read it was jays choice though?

In truth, I think Arians was his guy and being the stat intellect Emery is: he chose Trestman instead.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are getting everything that they deserve.

This is a results business and their results have been putrid.

I hope they continue to get crushed until they put a playoff calibre team on the field. This is not fuckinh Jacksonville or some other shit hole NFL waste land this is Chicago.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've always had legit football thoughts, but getting them drowend in a sea of arse gravy on here on a daily to weekly basis by people who seem intent on only finding the negative (with standing the last three epic displays of incompetance on the football field of the team we all supposedly support) seems like a task in pure futility.

People seem to think I am some kind of blind fucking homer, thing is, I'm not. I just object to pure negativity for the sake of it and then not being able to take a balanced view to any subject, throw in the odd strawman argument, any acceptence that all things have two sides and you end up with what you see on here Monday to Sunday.

Like I said, you don't have to read what I write and respond, just like I don't. You have a choice.

Im with ya nick. Basically around here is like Lord of the Flies. If you don't believe in the mob mentality you get lumped into a group they create while ignoring anything you say

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The contract once again was based off the shitty QB market that damn near every QB has so shut up about that. Including Cutler in a coaching search does not mean Emery got who Cutler wanted

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just learned that Mel Tucker and Joe DeCamillis is Phil Emery's hire and they had no connecting with Trestman.(I'm sure you guys knew that but)
It explains a lot and disheartening.

Actually I didn't know that. Are you sure it wasn't a Cutler choice instead?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it will get worse before it gets better.

i was all on the Emery/Trestman train. #2 OFF last year, what happened? i thought they may fire Tucker at the BYE and after GB, for sure. nothing. if we lose to Minn and/or TBB, this will all implode. we could see Emery, Trestman, Tucker and Joe D canned. if we end up 5-11, i don't know who will be left. i wanted to root for Trestman, but at this point, i think heads will roll. may only be Tucker and Joe D and Trestman, Emery may save his ass. but it's going to get ugly. they blew it. bad coaching, play calling, no adjustments, and some bad picks / old guys they just had to keep around.

i could see Cutler traded, Fales starting...anything could happen.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I never read it was jays choice though?

In truth, I think Arians was his guy and being the stat intellect Emery is: he chose Trestman instead.

In truth, Cutler is gonna get Trestman and maybe even Emery fired. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO CUTLERS!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The contract once again was based off the shitty QB market that damn near every QB has so shut up about that. Including Cutler in a coaching search does not mean Emery got who Cutler wanted

Cutler could have been franchised at the very most. Sorry your boy sux.

:sweep:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I didn't know that. Are you sure it wasn't a Cutler choice instead?

They were.

Cutler searched high and low, but found the perfect candidates to make the rest of the team look so bad that people would finally stop writing about his feet. Did not go flawlessly, but he has been tirelessly interviewing future candidates when Trestman thinks he's watching film.

(Hearing the LB coach out of Atlanta is a frontrunner for DC when Jay fires Tucker)

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In truth, Cutler is gonna get Trestman and maybe even Emery fired. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO CUTLERS!
Nope, If Emery get's fired it's no ones fault but Emerys. He's the one that gave Cutler the 7 yr deal.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Once again though Durkin places that in the last paragraph of an overall piece. What does he expect with a franchise that has only just begun trying to right the wrongs of the incompetant outgoing Angelo. 33 players not drafted by the Bears, speaks volumes of the deep-seated problems that exist with this team. His attitude has flipped in a year, which is funny considering he outlined these problems in his own piece not a year before. It's easy to be in the media and pile on. Doesn't excuse what people are witnessing but the media are there to report and create news as much as deliver factual based content.

Dude shut the fuck up. I've known Dan for a while know and he's always been extremely knowledgeable about the game and very fair. Not every media member has an agenda.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On to the ESPN shows and not one person is positive on Trestman or Emery except Marshall.

Waddle and Silvy both say MT must go and they don't have a problem with Phil following him. Waddle isn't usually a fire the coach guy either but he says the team looks bad.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
On to the ESPN shows and not one person is positive on Trestman or Emery except Marshall.

Waddle and Silvy both say MT must go and they don't have a problem with Phil following him. Waddle isn't usually a fire the coach guy either but he says the team looks bad.

They sat and listened to BM praise all the coaches and as soon as he was gone, right back to fire everyone. It was funny to me. I listened at work and didn't catch when the show ended so the shift caught me by surprise