The Rest of the NHL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
When Price is on his game he is incredibly tough to beat. Their offense depth isn't at the same level as the Bruins but they are still a tough team to play against and I think the Habs will take the East. IMO the Bruins were the toughest matchup for the Blackhawks. Blackhawks have a nice path to a repeat if they start to play their best hockey

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Price is on his game he is incredibly tough to beat. Their offense depth isn't at the same level as the Bruins but they are still a tough team to play against and I think the Habs will take the East. IMO the Bruins were the toughest matchup for the Blackhawks. Blackhawks have a nice path to a repeat if they start to play their best hockey

i agree. im worried about the ducks or the kings. they both scare me alot.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
"Habs" is a term related to Quebec. It has been a nickname of the Canadiens for along time, but has nothing to do with results from any particular era.

How is the fact that it is now 2014 make "Habs" an outdated term? I guess i am not getting the point of that comment.

I am certainly well aware of the history of the term as it relates to Quebecers however based on my excessive time around my girlfriend from Montreal and my time in Olympic Stadium and the Forum, those pompous frogs use the term in relation to hockey in regards to where the Cup used to reside hence the ridiculousness of referring to the hockey team in that manner these days

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Montreal is just under Boston's skin. The eastern conference isn't that good. The bruins had the third easiest schedule in the league this year. Paper tigers.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ana - LA to Game 7. That's probably a good thing.

A couple extra days rest is always welcome, and Shaw needs it.

I just can't make up my mind who I want to win this series. Maybe just root for a 19-overtime Game 7.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Montrael beating the Bruins tonight guarantees the Stanley Cup Champ will come from the Western Conference.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Announcer says "You would think LA had just won the series by the reaction of the fans."

Yeah, or maybe by the fact you just said "The LA Kings win Game 7!"

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did anyone else see how worn down chara looked by the end of the game? Dude is overrated. He can't handle the minutes and physicality at his age.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
10314740_727384767325060_8568310603234101266_n.jpg

You may be FanOfBears, but you don't shit about hockey.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I expect nothing less and wouldn't be shocked by much of anything from Boston reactions.

After watching the Joel Ward debacle it's just more growing fodder for the wicked ha(r)dcore fans.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boston is back to being the Canadiens bitches. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Montreal is just under Boston's skin. The eastern conference isn't that good. The bruins had the third easiest schedule in the league this year. Paper tigers.

Montreal is the only team left that has played less games than us so far in these playoffs (11 to our 12). No matter, Anaheim or LA-we will take in 5.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;_hSLxD5mIKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hSLxD5mIKg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Anybody else want revenge?????

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;_hSLxD5mIKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hSLxD5mIKg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Anybody else want revenge?????

You won't find many around this board that remembers that game. I do...like it was yesterday. Dryden playing out of his ass and the killer by Henri Richard....a shot from a good 5 or 6 feet outside of the blueline that somehow Esposito lost in the crowd or something and it beat him and of course, the little twerp blowing by Magnuson for the game winner. Tough watching those assholes parade the Cup around the Stadium...., I wasn't actually there I watched it on Closed Circuit but it was still pretty painful as we filed out of the theater. I would love for the Hawks to get a re do this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.