The Scott Thread

R K

The fact that they like him is irrelevant.

He doesn't contribute anything, and this team is not deep enough for a sideshow act like John Scott.

When you are in the locker room you can make that evaluation. Until then you don't know shit about what goes on in there so it's no where near IRRELEVANT of what the players ON THE TEAM like or don't like.

They play the game, you do not.

bri

Liked Posts:
He's kind of cute. Nice smile. And I like players that will fight. (A little bit better looking Koci, but I like Koci) I'd much rather have him than that snake guy.

supraman

Liked Posts:
As long as he doesn't hurt the team I don't care where he is. Last night I would have scratched him for Skille. But hey, thats me. I don't see many "fighters" on the Stars. Hacks sure, but Bickell, Brouwer and even Seabrook can atone for them.

Although this team rarely atones for shit. No one went after Dogostini in St. Louis after his cheap shot on the Captain.

Ant that's on the fucking coach.

I'd rather have Scott over Hendry as forwards. Our problem as a team is we have a log jam at 3 and 4th line instead of 1st and 2nd line last year.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You'd rather have Morin seeing limited minutes a game here in Chicago over having him down in Rockford seeing top line minutes and polishing his game.

If anyone on the club needs to ride pine right now it is stalberg, maybe even a stint in Rockford, he's been a fucking ghost. Scott you notice.

I feel the same aboot Stalberg, but, as I said above, this is a Scott thread

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
When you are in the locker room you can make that evaluation. Until then you don't know shit about what goes on in there so it's no where near IRRELEVANT of what the players ON THE TEAM like or don't like.

Everyone loved Wiz too. Didn't stop the team from trading him. Guys loved Burish. Didn't stop Q from scratching him the majority of the time he wasn't hurt, and not bringing him back this year. You do what's best for the TEAM, and WINNING GAMES as the coach. You don't give a shit about who likes who...

supraman

Liked Posts:

Burish was an effective player because of what he brought to the bench and locker room. He was Mr.Pump them up. It mattered.

R K

Yeah, but that's the thing. He DOES hurt the team when he plays in place of those guys. Because every one of those guys contributes to the team. By playing more minutes, by killing penalties, by hitting, and by generating offense. Scott does none of that, and when he's dressed, very RARELY does he play more than five minutes. I just don't see the point.

Thats a coaching decision then. Not a John Scott decision. If' im the coach I put him in verses certain teams.

which is what I said when they signed him. This team has far bigger issues than John Scott. I find it funny those who are clammoring we might miss the playoffs bla bla bla would have a problem with Scott.

If Morin is going to take 9 minutes per night I don't want him here. Its not enough playing time to develope him.

R K

Burish was an effective player because of what he brought to the bench and locker room. He was Mr.Pump them up. It mattered.

It certainly wasn't what he did on the ice and thats specifically what Jim was referring too. Adam buish has NEVER scored 10 goals in his NHL career. He's never even been close...

In each year.

This year half way through he as 4.

R K

Everyone loved Wiz too. Didn't stop the team from trading him. Guys loved Burish. Didn't stop Q from scratching him the majority of the time he wasn't hurt, and not bringing him back this year. You do what's best for the TEAM, and WINNING GAMES as the coach. You don't give a shit about who likes who...

Nope. You do know why Wiz was traded right?

supraman

Liked Posts:

Burish and Fraser were scratched in favor of better options. But the year before the SC Burish-Fraser-Eager was probably the best 4th line in hockey. They were great playing together as a line and provided just enough scoring threat that other teams had to take them seriously.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't give a fuck what happens in the locker room. I'm just a fan so it doesn't matter to me.

I care about what happens on the ice.

And John Scott doesn't effect the play on the ice whatsoever.

And his roster spot and salary could be better used.

Make him an ambassador, for all I care. But fill the roster spots with players that at least have a snowball's chance in hell in contributing.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Nope. You do know why Wiz was traded right?

Of course I do. Same reason the Ducks dumped him. Doesn't change the fact that everyone on the team liked him.

Burish and Fraser were scratched in favor of better options. But the year before the SC Burish-Fraser-Eager was probably the best 4th line in hockey. They were great playing together as a line and provided just enough scoring threat that other teams had to take them seriously.

They were scratched in favor of better options the same way Scott should be! He should be dressing for maybe 12 games a season, unless there are a ton of injuries.

R K

I don't give a fuck what happens in the locker room. I'm just a fan so it doesn't matter to me.

I care about what happens on the ice.

And John Scott doesn't effect the play on the ice whatsoever.

And his roster spot and salary could be better used.

Make him an ambassador, for all I care. But fill the roster spots with players that at least have a snowball's chance in hell in contributing.

He has. His fight in LA the first time gave them the momentum they needed to win. He has not HURT them on the ice since being removed from the blue line. He's certainly no worse than Hendry on the 4th line.

But Jim you a right. He's a non factor most of the time which is why I really don't care. If you are bitching about him with all the OTHER problems this team has, you are missing what you are watching.

And FYI I care about what happens in all facets of the team because EACH ONE effects what we see on the ice. Hands down, no question.

R K

Of course I do. Same reason the Ducks dumped him. Doesn't change the fact that everyone on the team liked him.

They were scratched in favor of better options the same way Scott should be! He should be dressing for maybe 12 games a season, unless there are a ton of injuries.

Sure it does. 100% because he pissed off managment.

And I agree with that last statement 100%. It all goes back to the coaching of the team. So instead of bitching about the NON factor lets be constructive and bitch about WHY. Q!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has. His fight in LA the first time gave them the momentum they needed to win. He has not HURT them on the ice since being removed from the blue line. He's certainly no worse than Hendry on the 4th line.

But Jim you a right. He's a non factor most of the time which is why I really don't care. If you are bitching about him with all the OTHER problems this team has, you are missing what you are watching.

Again, it's the John Scott thread. And there is no way that you can prove to me they beat LA because of that orchestrated pummeling by Scott.

Everyone in the world knew that fight was going to happen, and the result was equally anticlimatic.

R K

Again, it's the John Scott thread. And there is no way that you can prove to me they beat LA because of that orchestrated pummeling by Scott.

Everyone in the world knew that fight was going to happen, and the result was equally anticlimatic.

That was the first LA game. No one knew there would be that fight. And you can bet your ass it gave this team MOMENTUM. THere was fucking blood all over the fucking glass, ICE, Scott. He just seriously beat the shit out of him in one of the best Hawk fights I've ever seen. Wrong game there Jim.

We are talking about John Scott and how HE effects the other players. You said you don't give a shit. Point taken and I'm now putting you on ignore here as well.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
For the record, I have never really bitched about Scott. I'm indifferent towards him like a lot of people are. I am bitching about dressing him instead of other players. Q is seriously my biggest fucking problem with this team right now, hands down. He really needs to get his shit in order and stop fucking up this team.

R K

For the record, I have never really bitched about Scott. I'm indifferent towards him like a lot of people are. I am bitching about dressing him instead of other players. Q is seriously my biggest fucking problem with this team right now, hands down. He really needs to get his shit in order and stop fucking up this team.

That we agree with 100%. Like last night. No way were Burish or Ott going to take on Scott. Neither would have the balls, so there was no point in having him in the line up. None what so ever. At that point it's all coaching.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Fuck i really want to start a Bolland Thread, he's probably the player that pisses me off the most and Kopecky is right behind him.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Fuck i really want to start a Bolland Thread, he's probably the player that pisses me off the most and Kopecky is right behind him.

So split off your silly little aside about Bolland into a new topic, and get on with it. The Bolland topic would really get crazy.