The Seahawks Game is a MUST win

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't you guys think Mitch is going to have to have more than his standard "one TD" to beat the Seahawks? Get more points than "somewhere in the teens."

Or do you think the defense will score again?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't you guys think Mitch is going to have to have more than his standard "one TD" to beat the Seahawks? Get more points than "somewhere in the teens."

Yes. Thanks

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

I would like it if he did, but there's no rule that says your quarterback HAS to throw multiple touchdowns, or else you won't win.

Bears did it five times last year. :shrug:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also a must win for the Seahawks, and no they are not a bad team.

Their leading receiver is a blocking TE named Will Dissly. Other then Marshall, Lockett and Rashaad Penny who are by no means great skill players, I can't name anyone on their offense outside of Wilson. They are overrated.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like it if he did, but there's no rule that says your quarterback HAS to throw multiple touchdowns, or else you won't win.

Bears did it five times last year. :shrug:

So you did notice it didn't work out eleven times last year...

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
It didn't, but it does mean that your quarterback doesn't have to throw multiple touchdowns to win a game, which is what you implied.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Mitch throws 3 tds this game. I’m not even worried about Seattle. Should win by 17pts.

Homer movement train...CHOO CHOO motherfucker!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think you're underestimating how bad that Seahawks team is. I mean, yeah, the Bears could lose, but it's not a game that they should lose.

It would be like losing a game you were up 20-0

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it will come down to the defense.

We knew the defense was going to have to carry this team for the first few games while the offense got their feet under them. The defense carried them for 3 quarters againts GB and then collapsed.

The defense will not need to be as dominant against the Seahawks, but they will need to close the game out in the 4th quarter,.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I keep hearing how the Seattle game will be a cake walk. I don't claim to know Seattle that well and I understand that they're not the legion of boom anymore.

But didn't Westbrook throw 3 TDs against Denver (yes a couple of picks too), who was a top five defense in total yards last year? In Denver at that.

Given Mitch's one TD per game average...no one is worried about that...and this will be a blowout for us?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I keep hearing how the Seattle game will be a cake walk. I don't claim to know Seattle that well and I understand that they're not the legion of boom anymore.

But didn't Westbrook throw 3 TDs against Denver (yes a couple of picks too), who was a top five defense in total yards last year? In Denver at that.

Given Mitch's one TD per game average...no one is worried about that...and this will be a blowout for us?

Do you know anything about the NFL?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, you're already thinking playoffs? People really have set themselves up for disappointment already then. This Bears team is clearly going to be better than last season but I still doubt they are much better than 8-8 or 9-7. Remember when we first got Nagy and I said this offense is going to be a work in progress that will struggle out of the gate? Apparently people didn't listen.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Keenum threw 3 INTs against them and the Broncos still put up 27 points. Russell Wilson got sacked 6 times and if he wasn't one of the most elusive QBs in the league it would've been more. The Broncos also ran for 144 yards on the day which is something that we have to take advantage of. Doug Baldwin is out.

On paper we match up very well with them. The Seahawks line is so bad that the Bears should easily pick up a number of sacks. If we run the ball well and the defense plays up to expectations then Chicago should win (and then there is also the possibility of Trubisky actually being a force), but then you should also win a game that you're leading 20-0 in the 3rd quarter. If Chicago picks up another big lead then they have to stay aggressive.

RUN THE DAMN BALL

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let Trubisky throw.

This defense is good enough to rescue him from some picks.

lurker

Liked Posts:
This team had all of America thinking "holy shit" and lambeau booing their team as they walked off the field at halftime. Thats no small feat. Rodgers got his knee shot up and performed a miracle to barely edge out the bears in green bay on primetime tv.

Not many people gave the bears much of a chance in that game and they nearly left with a W. Yes, they showed through the 2nd half that they are in fact young and still learning on offense. But you can't single that out and not give them credit for what they did in the first half.

I understand why a lot of people are pissed and throwing knee jerk reactions around. I was also after the game.But, I'm still high on this team going forward. They will probably still lose some games because they're young and still learning, but I think they will win some that nobody sees coming too.

Playoffs are still a possibility this year, but not likely. If they want to have much of a chance at being relevant in December they need to beat the Seahawks and I think they will.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Username

Liked Posts:
This is only a must win game if you think the Bears will make the playoffs. If you think the Bears have a shot at the playoffs, you're an idiot. This team is still in a rebuilding mode and will be unitl the new GM is into his 3rd year.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was watching Red Zone and Von Miller was terrorizing him. I think he had 3.5 sacks. The Broncos won with Keenum throwing three picks.
Wilson has never had good protection there so he's use to that. Watch them beat the Bears off a big game by Brandon Marshall.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This team had all of America thinking "holy shit" and lambeau booing their team as they walked off the field at halftime. Thats no small feat. Rodgers got his knee shot up and performed a miracle to barely edge out the bears in green bay on primetime tv.

Not many people gave the bears much of a chance in that game and they nearly left with a W. Yes, they showed through the 2nd half that they are in fact young and still learning on offense. But you can't single that out and not give them credit for what they did in the first half.

I understand why a lot of people are pissed and throwing knee jerk reactions around. I was also after the game.But, I'm still high on this team going forward. They will probably still lose some games because they're young and still learning, but I think they will win some that nobody sees coming too.

Playoffs are still a possibility this year, but not likely. If they want to have much of a chance at being relevant in December they need to beat the Seahawks and I think they will.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Probably THE most even keeled take I have seen outside of my own. Thank you. Good to see there are some out there which at least took away the positives as well as the negatives from that game.