The Skille Thread

supraman

Liked Posts:
So much debate regarding this play seems topic worthy

I like Jack, he works hard every shift. I think he does need a lot of work but as some have pointed out it is hard to produce offensively on the 4th line. His salary does factor in because he is making league minimum just for the shot with the big club. Imagine if we ever do manage to develop him into a solid 2nd liner or 3rd line scoring threat.

He needs work but he is young.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ahhhhh hahahahas someone just registered as Skille

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
He is young, and he has potential. He has great wheels, and the puck finds him. He is fairly good along the boards as far as puck possession is concerned. He is not afraid of the physical play at all, and is one of the few guys that will take the puck to the net hard. He is fourth on the team with 100 shots, behind Sharp, Toews, and Kane. This despite playing half as much as them... and playing with fourth liners almost entirely. Now my question is, why isn't Skille put on a line with a guy who crashes the net and can clean up rebounds on his shots? You know, maybe a guy like Brouwer, or Bickell? He also needs guys that can keep up with him out there. He rushes the puck up the ice, and his linemates are always five steps behind. He and Stalberg look good together because they both have speed. How many of Dowell's goals were generated by Stalberg and Skille creating space for him?

Give the kid at least ONE linemate that compliments his game, and see what happens. I just don't see what he has done to get scratched. Especially when you're playing guys like Scott or Hendry instead... Yeah, he has made some mistakes, but far less than others with much more experience, that continue to get a pass. I would hate to see Skille moved, because I have a feeling he can turn into a 40-50 point guy given the right linemates.

bri

Liked Posts:
I love Jack and Dowell and think they deserve to play more than some of the ones that have been.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jack works hard, but he just may be Ken Yaremchuk.

Regardless, he'll be elsewhere sooner than later.

supraman

Liked Posts:
He is young, and he has potential. He has great wheels, and the puck finds him. He is fairly good along the boards as far as puck possession is concerned. He is not afraid of the physical play at all, and is one of the few guys that will take the puck to the net hard. He is fourth on the team with 100 shots, behind Sharp, Toews, and Kane. This despite playing half as much as them... and playing with fourth liners almost entirely. Now my question is, why isn't Skille put on a line with a guy who crashes the net and can clean up rebounds on his shots? You know, maybe a guy like Brouwer, or Bickell? He also needs guys that can keep up with him out there. He rushes the puck up the ice, and his linemates are always five steps behind. He and Stalberg look good together because they both have speed. How many of Dowell's goals were generated by Stalberg and Skille creating space for him?

Give the kid at least ONE linemate that compliments his game, and see what happens. I just don't see what he has done to get scratched. Especially when you're playing guys like Scott or Hendry instead... Yeah, he has made some mistakes, but far less than others with much more experience, that continue to get a pass. I would hate to see Skille moved, because I have a feeling he can turn into a 40-50 point guy given the right linemates.

I have to be honest I liked Hendry-Dowell-Scott as a 4th line.

You know what, I'm just going to flat out say, we played better with Kane and Hossa out of the line. Fuck it scratch them.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Skille reminds me of Barker - shitty player but one the organization holds on to too long simply because of their high draft status. Cut the cord, move on.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

What is he supposed to do playing 11 minutes a night, and playing with fourth liners? Serious question. What do people expect from him? Why has Stalberg been given every opportunity to suck on the top lines this year, when Skille has arguably outplayed him? They have the same exact number of goals and assists. My opinion? Management doesn't like Skille because he's not one of "their guys". Stalberg is, and they are going to try their damndest to make him look good. Just like Hendry is not one of "their guys" and Boynton is. There are politics involved here in regards to certain players, which shouldn't fucking happen at the NHL level.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Skille reminds me of Barker - shitty player but one the organization holds on to too long simply because of their high draft status. Cut the cord, move on.

Barker was coming along nicely until the season he was traded

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
What is he supposed to do playing 11 minutes a night, and playing with fourth liners? Serious question. What do people expect from him? Why has Stalberg been given every opportunity to suck on the top lines this year, when Skille has arguably outplayed him? They have the same exact number of goals and assists. My opinion? Management doesn't like Skille because he's not one of "their guys". Stalberg is, and they are going to try their damndest to make him look good. Just like Hendry is not one of "their guys" and Boynton is. There are politics involved here in regards to certain players, which shouldn't fucking happen at the NHL level.

I don't see it as politics. I see it this way:

Stalberg - 1st year with the team

Skille - 4th year with the team

You invest your time in Stalberg at this point. I feel we've already had a good enough look at Skille and I think the organization sees it that way as well.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I don't see it as politics. I see it this way:

Stalberg - 1st year with the team

Skille - 4th year with the team

You invest your time in Stalberg at this point. I feel we've already had a good enough look at Skille and I think the organization sees it that way as well.

Skille has not been "with the team" for four years. Playing in the AHL doesn't fucking count, and the stints he had were HARDLY good looks. If they didn't like what they saw, they wouldn't have signed him and would have let him walk or traded him long ago. Skille has NEVER been given the opportunity to play with top lines that Stalberg has been given. He has put in his time with the organization, been patient with them and all their salary cap bullshit, signed here for less, and even practiced on his own when they were bouncing him between Rockford and Chicago... He works hard, and he is outplaying Stalberg. It's bullshit, plain and simple.

R K

Decent post!

sth

Liked Posts:

How is that any different than Stahlberg? People say Skille doesn't have finish. What was that three post job Victor pulled last night? He has no finish and he has been on lines with Toews, Kane and Hossa this season. What would Skille do on those lines? Dowell and Skille give this team energy. Look at the start to the last two games. To say it was flat is an understatement. It just doesn't make sense to me.

R K

Skille has not been "with the team" for four years. Playing in the AHL doesn't fucking count, and the stints he had were HARDLY good looks. If they didn't like what they saw, they wouldn't have signed him and would have let him walk or traded him long ago. Skille has NEVER been given the opportunity to play with top lines that Stalberg has been given. He has put in his time with the organization, been patient with them and all their salary cap bullshit, signed here for less, and even practiced on his own when they were bouncing him between Rockford and Chicago... He works hard, and he is outplaying Stalberg. It's bullshit, plain and simple.

I tried to explain this to "it" yesterday but "it" doesn't listen.

R K

How is that any different than Stahlberg? People say Skille doesn't have finish. What was that three post job Victor pulled last night? He has no finish and he has been on lines with Toews, Kane and Hossa this season. What would Skille do on those lines? Dowell and Skille give this team energy. Look at the start to the last two games. To say it was flat is an understatement. It just doesn't make sense to me.

It's absolutely no different than Stahlberg. Stahlberg is not much different than Versteeg other than versteeg has some better puck skills. They are both puck hogs.

Skille > Stahlberg.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone. RK and I agreeing on multiple things? My mind is going to explode!
<

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's absolutely no different than Stahlberg. Stahlberg is not much different than Versteeg other than versteeg has some better puck skills. They are both puck hogs.

Skille > Stahlberg.

Agree BIG time.

Stalberg is as much of waste as Scott.