The Skille Thread

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Agree BIG time.

Stalberg is as much of waste as Scott.

I don't know if I would go that far, but he certainly isn't worthy of playing with Toews/Hossa/Sharp/Kane.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
how hard was it to say that....
<

Notice he couldn't say "good post". Just "decent".
<

R K

Notice he couldn't say "good post". Just "decent".
<

Decent, good... both the same. IT ws a good post.

Much better than the one suggesting "he's been with the team for four years".......

Mass, FU!

BigPete

Liked Posts:
You know what, I'm just going to flat out say, we played better with Kane and Hossa out of the line. Fuck it scratch them.

I know its the Skille thread and I hate to hijack it...but you couldn't be more right. Those two players are vastly different in tempo than the rest of the team and whenever they are out there they are ALWAYS looking for the pretty play. When we don't have them, it turns into playoff hockey from last year where all the depth guys were cranking out scoring opportunities every other shift.

Back to Jack:

If Skille could play just a bit more like Ladd, he would be really crucial to this lineup. He is way too 'fast forward', he needs to take his foot off the gas just a tad bit and he could see more of what is going on in front of him like Ladder could.

R K

problem with that is Skille doesn't appear to have the instincts Ladd had. I'm not sure at this point you can learn those at that position. You should already have them. Who knows... Ladd and Skilles numbers for their first full season are not to far off so far.

would be nice if the COACH would just let him play. He's going to have bad games.

There is a HUGE double standard on this team...

Seabrook, Keith, Hjarlmarsson, Kane, Kopecky all have had just putred games at times. None of them are sat. Brouwer, Skille, Dowell, ect ect have a bad game they appear to be in the shit house automatically. Accountability looks to be fucked in some cases.

supraman

Liked Posts:
here's what I think, I think Stalberg should be sent to Rockford (if he bypasses waivers) and get some time there, since outside of last night I guess he had 3 posts (I missed most of the game) he's been invisible. Give Skille a 4-5 game spot on the top line, see what he does. Give him enough rope to hang himself basically. Either he succeeds or fails but Stalberg = ghost right now.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I don't see it as politics. I see it this way:

Stalberg - 1st year with the team

Skille - 4th year with the team

You invest your time in Stalberg at this point. I feel we've already had a good enough look at Skille and I think the organization sees it that way as well.

Stalberg - 24 Years Old, 78 Games NHL experience

Skille - 23 Years Old, 69 Games NHL experience

Logic, U MAD?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
then my job here is done

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I'd love to see Skille paired with Hossa+Sharp. Something tells me their 2-ways games would rub off on him immensely.

As for Scott, he's only valuable if he's actually got a mean streak. Right now he's like a cross of Glass Joe's intensity and Soda Popinski's build.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'd love to see Skille paired with Hossa+Sharp. Something tells me their 2-ways games would rub off on him immensely.

As for Scott, he's only valuable if he's actually got a mean streak. Right now he's like a cross of Glass Joe's intensity and Soda Popinski's build.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Bald Bull in him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Skille... more like Skilless... hiiiiyooo...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I think its kinda funny, that Bickell was taken a year before Skille - but since it was the 2nd round (41st overall)...no mention of him taking long(er) to get there or no issues with that

supraman

Liked Posts:

You know you are old when you know exactly what they are talking about

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I like Jack, I would like to see him have some success, but it seems that he just does't finish the play on offense .

Maybe he is just trying to hard .

bri

Liked Posts:
All this negativity is giving me a migraine. It accomplishes nothing. I try to look for the good in the players except for one. He could score 20 goals a game and I still wouldn't like him, but I don't get on here and say mean things about him because that is just my opinion. We all see what we want to see.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm going to go ahead and blame the curse then. He should have never raised the cup over his head.