The Skille Thread

BigPete

Liked Posts:
problem with that is Skille doesn't appear to have the instincts Ladd had. I'm not sure at this point you can learn those at that position. You should already have them. Who knows... Ladd and Skilles numbers for their first full season are not to far off so far.

would be nice if the COACH would just let him play. He's going to have bad games.

There is a HUGE double standard on this team...

Seabrook, Keith, Hjarlmarsson, Kane, Kopecky all have had just putred games at times. None of them are sat. Brouwer, Skille, Dowell, ect ect have a bad game they appear to be in the shit house automatically. Accountability looks to be fucked in some cases.

I agree on both arguments. I was simply pointing out what could help Jack's game get a little more well rounded. But some guys are who they are. Everytime we think Kane is getting more defensively responsible...well lets just say there haven't been any big turnovers leading to goals that we can pin on him, but it is going to happen sooner or later.

On the other note, I HATE that about Q, find a lineup, stick to it and let the lines gel. I know injuries can mess with that, but there was plenty of time where only one piece was missing but Q kept messing around like a blind man playing pin the player on the roster spot.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I can't stand the line juggling as much as everyone else, but I think it all just comes down to nothing is working. And they are losing. If he was sticking to the same lines and we were losing we'd all be bitching about him needing to change the lines. He fiddled a lot last year and won the cup. The problems with this team go a lot deeper than the line juggling. There is an obvious lack of skill and depth or even the ability to play D right now. doesn't matter who is on what line if no one is performing.

I'm just going to go back to this summer and say that the way everything went down was botched and we should have come out better than we did. /Captain Hindsight.

R K

I can't stand the line juggling as much as everyone else, but I think it all just comes down to nothing is working. And they are losing. If he was sticking to the same lines and we were losing we'd all be bitching about him needing to change the lines. He fiddled a lot last year and won the cup. The problems with this team go a lot deeper than the line juggling. There is an obvious lack of skill and depth or even the ability to play D right now. doesn't matter who is on what line if no one is performing.

I'm just going to go back to this summer and say that the way everything went down was botched and we should have come out better than we did. /Captain Hindsight.

He doesn't give it a chance to work. One bad game he mixes them all up again. They are going to have bad games. I can understand if there are injuries but 1-2 injuries does not warrant a complete over haul. These guys are in musical positions as well as lines. He has Centers playing Wing. He has Wingers playing Center. He has the 3rd line Center playing second. He has the top Winger playing on the 3rd line.

It's more than frustrating and partially lost Savard his job. Q is even worse than Savard!!!!!

R K

Or hiring a certain someone before he had hockey experience... wait what? Circle

Apparently that's the motto, although they have hired some guys with experience IE Q. Unfortunately Q's rep was he never won the big one on stacked teams. Well he did, but the adversity this team is showing this year seems to have over whelmed Q quite a bit.

Least up to the half way point. I'd say 5-6 losses are COACHING L's. It's that simple. His moves have directly cost this team points. No question.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to go ahead and blame the curse then. He should have never raised the cup over his head.

Somewhere I have private video taken of him drinking out of the Cup in the locker room

after the game...... funny you should mention that. I can also tell you that there were

a number of players here in Rockford happy to see him not on the team this year. Even

heard a couple of them make comments about his bobblehead this season.

Just sayin'

R K

Somewhere I have private video taken of him drinking out of the Cup in the locker room

after the game...... funny you should mention that. I can also tell you that there were

a number of players here in Rockford happy to see him not on the team this year. Even

Just sayin'

He likes to talk there's no doubt. I believe any arrogance was lost in the Hawks locker room. Sharp, Toews, Seabrook, Keith would shoot that shit down pretty quick.

Ironically it's Dowell that appears to have pissed off the coach for something possibly locker room related. Not Skille.

Plus you are a Hater.

Just sayin!

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He likes to talk there's no doubt. I believe any arrogance was lost in the Hawks locker room. Sharp, Toews, Seabrook, Keith would shoot that shit down pretty quick.

Ironically it's Dowell that appears to have pissed off the coach for something possibly locker room related. Not Skille.

Plus you are a Hater.

Just sayin!

Reread my comments I never said them. Just informing you of what I have personally witnessed

and heard from those in the situation. Silly rabbit, we know you are all things knowing in

the holy land but Rockford is outside your domain.

You and I have debated Jack to death. Nothing changes..... let's just hope that he works

out to the advantage of our beloved Hawks. Interesting though that you heard he was being

wrapped up in a possible trade. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

Oi Vey may be yours but leave my just sayin' alone.
<

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Plus you are a Hater.

Just sayin!

Dowell take a run at Patterson too... haha

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

Just sayin'

I don't really think the opinion of a bunch of guys that are never going to play more than a handful of games in the NHL really matters. Maybe they are happy to see him go because he's a better player than ALL of them? Maybe they don't like him because he should have a pretty decent NHL career, and they likely won't play more than 20 games? Jealousy is a funny thing. Most of Rockford right now is new kids anyways... So you're saying Klinkhammer, Connelly, Danis-Pepin, Bollig, and Brophey are happy he's not on the team this year? Because those are pretty much the only guys that played with him. And he was a huge part of their offense last year, so they're also happy that they suck ass this season? Either way, doesn't really matter.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't really think the opinion of a bunch of guys that are never going to play more than a handful of games in the NHL really matters. Maybe they are happy to see him go because he's a better player than ALL of them? Maybe they don't like him because he should have a pretty decent NHL career, and they likely won't play more than 20 games? Jealousy is a funny thing. Most of Rockford right now is new kids anyways... So you're saying Klinkhammer, Connelly, Danis-Pepin, Bollig, and Brophey are happy he's not on the team this year? Because those are pretty much the only guys that played with him. And he was a huge part of their offense last year, so they're also happy that they suck ass this season? Either way, doesn't really matter.

Funny considering that's basically what this board is.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
None of our opinions matter, and we know it.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You are welcome to your own speculation. BTW, it is based on what again?

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Did anybody ever think that Q needs to a do a better job of figuring out how to use guys like Skille and Stahlberg? They are who they are. How do you use them and make them effective?

For a time last year Q finally figured out that if you restrict certain third and fourth lines (no longer with this team-hint hint) to a north/south wing role they can be more effective. If you try to make everyone a cycler like JT and Kaner you are going to be disappointed. They don't all have that ability.

Stop trying to make guys what they are not and you will see consistency and production increase. But Q can't do that, he thinks every can take a shot at the first line and be successful with JT and Kaner. Fat chance!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
You are welcome to your own speculation. BTW, it is based on what again?

I'm not speculating anything. I just think the opinions of said Icehogs mean jack shit. A lot of guys are arrogant in the AHL, especially when they know they shouldn't be there, and wouldn't be there, if not for cap reasons. The NHL has a way of serving people humble pie. Now, if you had come out and said something like "Toews has a problem with Skile." we would have something to talk about. I've seen nothing from Skille at the NHL level to hint that he's a bad team player, or runs his mouth. Just the opposite, actually. He continues to bust his ass and play his role, regardless of being in Q's doghouse. For whatever reason...

R K

I'm not speculating anything. I just think the opinions of said Icehogs mean jack shit. A lot of guys are arrogant in the AHL, especially when they know they shouldn't be there, and wouldn't be there, if not for cap reasons. The NHL has a way of serving people humble pie. Now, if you had come out and said something like "Toews has a problem with Skile." we would have something to talk about. I've seen nothing from Skille at the NHL level to hint that he's a bad team player, or runs his mouth. Just the opposite, actually. He continues to bust his ass and play his role, regardless of being in Q's doghouse. For whatever reason...

They actually hang out off the ice.....

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
They actually hang out off the ice.....

Exactly my point! A bunch of Hogs had a problem with him and are glad he's gone, yet, our captain likes him enough to hang out with him off the ice?
<

Maiden

Liked Posts:
He doesn't give it a chance to work. One bad game he mixes them all up again. They are going to have bad games. I can understand if there are injuries but 1-2 injuries does not warrant a complete over haul. These guys are in musical positions as well as lines. He has Centers playing Wing. He has Wingers playing Center. He has the 3rd line Center playing second. He has the top Winger playing on the 3rd line.

It's more than frustrating and partially lost Savard his job. Q is even worse than Savard!!!!!

Now you're catching on................

Maiden

Liked Posts:

This is a disturbing pattern for Skille. His reputation coming out of Wisconsin was an arrogant SOB.

Now his former teammates in Rockford state their happy his gone.

He'll wear out his welcome here before too long.

I hated Eager when he was here but that article proposing Skille for Eager works for me.