Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Hahn said on CSN that signings would be announced this week?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see Rice was already on it, sorry I created a thread, just figured that this shitty signing would cause some negative backlash that would warrant its own thread

No worries, the thread is cool.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
That's what I'm thinking ... minor-league deals with an inviation to spring training. That's usually the signings we see now.

Garfien says they'll probably be relieved tomorrow. Kind of a cock tease . I doubt its the invites.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I guess this is from Brooks having a conference with South Side Sox and other sites:

-It is official, the Sox will be wearing the 83 jersey's on Sunday's this year. They plan to hold autograph sessions on every Sunday this year, though they may not be full team sessions like in years past. They are going to try to have members from the 83 team there on all Sundays, though no plan for a full reunion. Autographs will be on the concourses this year, instead of on the field. Also highlighted that a family of 4 could go to a game and park for $30 on a Sunday.

-Season ticket sales are "hundreds of points" ahead of where they were at this time last year. Boyer did expect that to mean not as big of a single game sales today, but he felt that many people who would usually wait for today and buy a few games were going ahead and buying 7 or 14 game plans to get the seats they wanted, and the games they wanted ahead of time because of the new pricing structure. Season ticket renewal rates were "90%+" this off season. The rebalanced pricing to some extent after finding their high end tickets were on the cheap end of MLB, and their cheap seats were among the most expensive. Despite the increases in the diamond and platinum areas, their renewal rates were 99+%.

-Despite the Angels and Yankees leaving Stubhub, the Sox have no plans to do so. They do see them as a partner.

-The Sox will provide uni's to 4 entire youth baseball leagues. They leagues will all wear different versions of current and historical Sox jersies.

-There will be social media interactions at Soxfest, including tweet ups, and a new tumblr page is coming.

-The media campaign theme for 2013 has been finalized, but not made public yet. They did run it by the same consultants who did the end of year survey, and they though that it was very fitting with their findings.

-No new statues are in the works for the ballpark, and no system of requirements has been established for them.

-The team is taste testing 7-8 new concessions items as possibilities for 2013. They have not changed pricing, but they were concerned about the amount of complaints the year end survey had about food quality versus pricing, and they are pushing their vendors to fix that.

-They are attempting to get Buddy Bell for the next call from down in AZ.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daryl Van Schouwen @CST_soxvan

Sale gaining weight offseason. Will open 180-185. Was 168 start of camp last yr
9:02 PM - 25 Jan 13

Status
Not open for further replies.