The Sox Stove Is Broken: Offseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Its That Time: White Sox Hot Stove Discussion

Right. He will be a positive if he lands in DET but it's not a guarantee that he automatically equals 100 W's.

Sent from MR Phone

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right. He will be a positive if he lands in DET but it's not a guarantee that he automatically equals 100 W's.

Sent from MR Phone

well...its weird. I mean 100 games is a shitload to win. things that would have to happen:

miggy repeats his numbers
prince repeats his numbers
hunter doesnt show age
verlander stays verlander (its only a matter of time before he gets hurt)
Scherzer stays the hot scherzer
they obtain a solid closer

they have the division favoring them so I mean it could happen. In theory on paper that team would be sick with hamilton. gotta play the games I guess.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
well...its weird. I mean 100 games is a shitload to win. things that would have to happen:

miggy repeats his numbers
prince repeats his numbers
hunter doesnt show age
verlander stays verlander (its only a matter of time before he gets hurt)
Scherzer stays the hot scherzer
they obtain a solid closer

they have the division favoring them so I mean it could happen. In theory on paper that team would be sick with hamilton. gotta play the games I guess.

I'm admittedly being hard on him. Some of his work ethic and BS reasons for slumping (chewing tobacco, too many energy drinks drying out his cornea's, etc etc) is coloring my opinion of him. Paul Konerko has a tremendous work ethic and it's allowed him to enjoy late career success, I don't think Hamilton has that drive. He has unbelievable natural talent but IMO he has to work on both his approach and his dedication to the game to enjoy success past 34, and at 32 I dunno if that'll happen.

Yeah, the Tigers would be really fucking good when he's on the field for them, I just question how often that would be.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm admittedly being hard on him. Some of his work ethic and BS reasons for slumping (chewing tobacco, too many energy drinks drying out his cornea's, etc etc) is coloring my opinion of him. Paul Konerko has a tremendous work ethic and it's allowed him to enjoy late career success, I don't think Hamilton has that drive. He has unbelievable natural talent but IMO he has to work on both his approach and his dedication to the game to enjoy success past 34, and at 32 I dunno if that'll happen.

Yeah, the Tigers would be really fucking good when he's on the field for them, I just question how often that would be.

I see your concern.

Guys like AJ and PK stick around for 2 very good attributes that hamilton doesnt have 1) being his past as i am sure even though he is clean he still gets anxiety and tough days and 2) keeping himself focused on the game and wanting to be there all the time as some former teammates say he takes "days off" when he is playing.

I do know this, Id love to have him hitting bombs at the cell.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
chone figgins DFAd....3b? His numbers since new contract are awful but low risk high reward.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like him for the bench if he can accept that.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
chone figgins DFAd....3b? His numbers since new contract are awful but low risk high reward.

Short term on the cheap if we can't find anyone until May/June again, then sure. I don't know about a full season, however.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
No updates regarding Salty.

Would anyone be for or against Sox trading for Salty?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think that his injuries and lack of a consistent approach combined with his major off the field issues are a bad mix in Detroit. I do think he will struggle to stay on the field and it'll get worse as he ages.

Sent from MR Phone
How is that specific to Detroit?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox bring back D-Wise. What is their fascination with this bum?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the Royals would mind.

maybe you guys can give them garza for moustakas, gordon, francouer and butler. his post is off but I mean cmon lets be real, you guys are way more moronic in your hypothetical deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.