The Sox Stove Is Broken: Offseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe you guys can give them garza for moustakas, gordon, francouer and butler. his post is off but I mean cmon lets be real, you guys are way more moronic in your hypothetical deals.

I come here to talk about the Sox not the Cubs...

And five years of a 23 old 3B that has 25 HR pop for one year of a 5th starter is more than a little off.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I come here to talk about the Sox not the Cubs...

And five years of a 23 old 3B that has 25 HR pop for one year of a 5th starter is more than a little off.

technically floyd has more value than a 5th starter no matter how much I hate him.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I merely used the terms you guys have used to describe him.

Thats how I look at him. IMO seeing him all the time he is a solid 5th starter. When you look at his humbers minus last year he has a lot of value VS how I value him. I am bias because I hate him so much.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats how I look at him. IMO seeing him all the time he is a solid 5th starter. When you look at his humbers minus last year he has a lot of value VS how I value him. I am bias because I hate him so much.
Still Mous could be the centerpiece to land that top of the rotation starter. I don't see how one year of a 30 year old, inconsistent, average starter at best by the numbers is anywhere near the value of a 24 year old potential stud 3B.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still Mous could be the centerpiece to land that top of the rotation starter. I don't see how one year of a 30 year old, inconsistent, average starter at best by the numbers is anywhere near the value of a 24 year old potential stud 3B.

not one for one.

the royals are so deep they dont need to trade roster guys to land someone.

mous has value due to his age and potential but still needs to come into his own which is why I dont think he gets moved

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
not one for one.

the royals are so deep they dont need to trade roster guys to land someone.

mous has value due to his age and potential but still needs to come into his own which is why I dont think he gets moved

Definitely a lot of Mousatkas' value is based on potential because he has been a below average offensive player so far, but given the dreck at 3B anyone that has the potential to be a stud middle of the order bat that can play the hot corner is worth his weight in gold, especially when you add in the five years of team control.

I agree that Will Meyers probably could be the centerpiece to get a deal done as well for a front of the rotation starter. Shields would make a lot of sense.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely a lot of Mousatkas' value is based on potential because he has been a below average offensive player so far, but given the dreck at 3B anyone that has the potential to be a stud middle of the order bat that can play the hot corner is worth his weight in gold, especially when you add in the five years of team control.

I agree that Will Meyers probably could be the centerpiece to get a deal done as well for a front of the rotation starter. Shields would make a lot of sense.

But with all that said and all the shit I say about the coulda woulda shoulda royals they will probably just stick to being every MLB teams Farm team.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
But with all that said and all the shit I say about the coulda woulda shoulda royals they will probably just stick to being every MLB teams Farm team.

Probably but things do appear to be improving with Moore running the team. I don't think he is the absolute best GM, but they really do have an impressive amount of young talent at the big league level and upper minors. Some major holes will probably hold them back from being truly competitive, but this is the closest they've been in years.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably but things do appear to be improving with Moore running the team. I don't think he is the absolute best GM, but they really do have an impressive amount of young talent at the big league level and upper minors. Some major holes will probably hold them back from being truly competitive, but this is the closest they've been in years.

I agree with that. The scary team is the jays next year.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with that. The scary team is the jays next year.
Right now without knowing the other moves I see the Jays as the second team in the East. The only hope for the rest of the league is that AL East beat each other up enough that they don't get three playoff teams next year because talent wise that is probably the number that should go.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now without knowing the other moves I see the Jays as the second team in the East. The only hope for the rest of the league is that AL East beat each other up enough that they don't get three playoff teams next year because talent wise that is probably the number that should go.

who do you think is number 1?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
they look old and their pitching is ehh.

They aren't without warts, but I still think they have the most talent. All of this is moot though until the offseason is truly done since we don't really know what every roster is going to look like.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
My deal proprosition isnt that far off. Royals want to deal young hitters for pitching

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I seriously haven't heard a peep from anyone regarding what the White Sox are thinking this offseason. Am I missing anything?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nope. have no fucking clue. they could be rebuilding, retooling, moving to another city....things are very very very quiet.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its That Time: White Sox Hot Stove Discussion

What's funny is we haven't heard anything regarding Youk in a while either. :thinking: what's the holdup? why is he taking so long to sign? He is the best talent available so he doesn't have to wait for the market to e established like AJ does/should

Sent from my Gopher hole using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its pretty quiet among all FAs in baseball. need a few significant signings and than we will see movement with all. winter meetings will kick start everything im guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.