The Tape Never Lies- Trubisky shows Life - While the O-Line Struggles

rextc

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Long can't set his feet due to the hip injury and that is why he doesn't get any leverage?

Monster

Liked Posts:
Long is just terrible... watching him you wonder how 80% of the pass plays were completed. That also explains the running getting stuffed... the D has guys playing half the game in the backfield.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It’s a shitty position and I doubt Long gets flat out benched even though he deserves it, but I’m guessing he gets a mysterious injury and hopefully he stays on the bench.

His play specifically on the OL is really hindering the offense.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
My favorite part of the video is at 13:10 where Montgomery picks up the blitzing LB and also takes Long's assignment out of the play for him so Kyle can't fuck it up.

So much for Nagy doesn't feature Monty because he can't block. He takes the LB and tackle completely out of the play.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fwiw I was one of the people who questioned Monty's ability to block at the NFL level. I'm pleasantly surprised to see his effort on plays like that one. That was equally as much of a highlight reel play as Tre's dead leg sack.

Watching Kyle Long routinely shit the bed out there makes me wonder how in the actual fuck the offense managed anything while routinely only blocking with 3 or 4 linemen. His shit performance is further highlighted by a backup lineman playing alright in place of Massie. As the kids would say...I can't even.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
One play does not a reliable blocker make....

Is there are any evidence out there that he can't block? I've seen a couple of people here tell me he gets less play time becaues he can't block, yet here is a play where he seems quite adequate.

If Monty is being sat because he can't block then why the fuck is kyle long out there?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I wonder if playing for Fox and the Gnome fucked him up. Or if Nagy is too micromanaging. But then I just keep coming to the same conclusion that the Bears fucked up the QB position again. I hope I'm wrong.
Apparently under Fox, they just beat DON'T TURNOVER THE BALL into his head, and you gotta wonder if he still plays with that rattling around his head now. Cause it does seem like when he just plays, doesn't think, he looks fantastic, but then he'll go into the far too uptight mode, which we've seen a lot this year.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Apparently under Fox, they just beat DON'T TURNOVER THE BALL into his head, and you gotta wonder if he still plays with that rattling around his head now. Cause it does seem like when he just plays, doesn't think, he looks fantastic, but then he'll go into the far too uptight mode, which we've seen a lot this year.

He most likely sees open guys and says, they don't want me to throw this because it could get intercepted. They want me to play it safe.

He clearly can make big throws. The man is handcuffed and is being asked to not be the reason they lose. Making 100% certain he isnt the reason they win either.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one wants to hear that either. Its one thing to limit the play calling but its completely stupid to neuter your quarterback of that killer instinct too. What bothers me more is that they aren't using quite literally Mitch's strength enough. Throwing on the run. I think Nagy is making a major fuck up in trying to make him a pure pocket passer. He isn't one nor do we have an offensive line capable of blocking for a pure pocket passer either. And in case people haven't noticed...that is the NFL trend, mobile quaterbacks. So why in the fuck would you want to gimp a strength?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You two didnt actually watch the video? How can Mitch hit deep routes when Kyle Long is in his lap the whole game.

The offensive line is limiting the O as much if not more than Mitch.
I did, that's why we have Mitch doing dropbacks on some snaps but instead mitch will just throw short with plenty of time from the Oline, the Line gets worst and then pushes harder later, they're really inconsistent right now.
and besides kyle long isn't the entire oline, if Long is sucking it up then the coaches have to read and react to that during in-game.
Go watch the game drive by drive taking notes and you'll see them tryin to cover up some faults and then they'll just do something completely different even tho "those adjustments" worked.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I wonder if Long can't set his feet due to the hip injury and that is why he doesn't get any leverage?
i think he is actually injured, Long did lay down at one point on the field for a quite while, that's when i thought he was "hurting" for a split second.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No one wants to hear that either. Its one thing to limit the play calling but its completely stupid to neuter your quarterback of that killer instinct too. What bothers me more is that they aren't using quite literally Mitch's strength enough. Throwing on the run. I think Nagy is making a major fuck up in trying to make him a pure pocket passer. He isn't one nor do we have an offensive line capable of blocking for a pure pocket passer either. And in case people haven't noticed...that is the NFL trend, mobile quaterbacks. So why in the fuck would you want to gimp a strength?
Yeah. I don't get it either. It seems like this should be really obvious. Offensive line is shit, Mitch is better on the move...the conclusion on how to handle that seems like a no brainer. Especially today against a good defensive front. Hopefully Nagy comes in with a smart gameplan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So much for Nagy doesn't feature Monty because he can't block. He takes the LB and tackle completely out of the play.

Nagy hates good RBs. That is the only thing that explains his RB decisions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Amazing how when someone does an actual film breakdown they reach different conclusions than the armchair quarterbacks who blame everything, 100% on Mitch.

Lol there isnt a single person I have seen that blames everything in Mitch.

In fact I would say more people act like because the OL sucks that absolves Mitch even when he has a clean pocket.

The OL clearly sucks. Having said that Mitch also clearly misses throws and plays when he had time to execute.