The Tape Never Lies- Trubisky shows Life - While the O-Line Struggles

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I really hope Nagy and Mitch start noticing Anthony Miller when they review the game tape... dude gets open a lot. He was wide open on the shallow cross when Mitch threw the INT. He could have slowly jogged into the endzone for a TD... That kid would be killing it on other teams.

Ditto! Noticed too! He was open quite a bit upon reviewing the footage. He may be in the doghouse for his criticism. It’s the only thing I can think of as to why he hasn’t had as many targets. Unless they’re scheming plays for one or two guys only but I seriously doubt that’s always the case

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubisky needs to step into his throws more. That's some Cutler shit. Part of that blame can go on the oline, though. Give him an area to step into his throws. Ugh, why is our oline so bad? That needs to be a focal point this offseason, I guess.
Happens when you can't so often. There's only so much you can concentrate on and when there's butts coming your way you try to get the ball off the best you can. I agree he needs to be in better balance to throw or better compensating when he can't. One of the attributes listed for him when drafted was being able to throw when not set and he does get more velocity than others from odd arm angles but he either needs to be more accurate at it or better at shifting his weight even when he can't step in.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
was the OL this bad last year? I understand that Trubisky hid some of the weaknesses last year with his mobility, but were they always this bad?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It could be a bad thing and a good thing honestly. If the GB game was Nagy's 'complex' offense then I prefer not to see that because it was complete shit. If the simplified playbook was what we saw against the Skins then Nagy should keep doing that.

If the Denver game was also the simplified playbook though...

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Already had a good look at the Oline problems in the 1st quarter from Adi's post. But Long was the worst player on the field last game. He's a massive liability that will get exploited by competent teams (not WAS). That really sucks because the Bears play a lot of competent teams with this schedule. Was hoping it was just "rust" when Long was letting LB blitz untouched through the A-gap against GB, but he keeps on piling shit games onto shit games. Bears need to be getting his backup ready to play asap, Kyle's not getting better and the offense isn't good enough to overcome the handicap he has become.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
It could be a bad thing and a good thing honestly. If the GB game was Nagy's 'complex' offense then I prefer not to see that because it was complete shit. If the simplified playbook was what we saw against the Skins then Nagy should keep doing that.

Ummm... its not that the playbook is that complicated. Its just that Mitch is not smart enough to understand it.

Just like he can't read defenses, just like he can't stop staring down receivers, just like when he goes into the press conference after the Green Bay game and throws Bear management under the bus by saying, "duh, I was told not to comment". This is part of the same reason it took him so long to become a starting QB in college -- Mitch is not bright.

The guy had roughly 2 YEARS TO UNDERSTAND THE PLAYBOOK!!!
..... and still can't do it. Nagy just plain gave up trying to get him to understand it.

Last edited:

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ant mill isn't helping himself either with all the "alligator arming" of passes. Twice in the skins game he failed to extend both of his arms in an attempt to catch a pass. Not sure if he is reticent due to the shoulder injury, but that certainly doesn't build trust between QB and WR.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two points.

1) Its not one or the other, its both. The O line has played horribly. Mitch has played poorly with some exceptions.

2). Regarding Mitch. He is smart enough to understand the playbook. Thats not the issue. The issue is he cant process what he is seeing fast enough to make in time decisions. This leads to not seeing open guys after his first read and high anxiety when throwing causing the inaccuracies. He hasn’t adjusted to the speed of the NFL game and as this is his third year I dont know that he ever will. He is destined to have a long career as a backup IMO.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Someone implied that Montgomery might not be a good blocker.....

OMG, go to the 13:16 Mark and see him take out two defenders. one was the Linebacker coming in the hole and the other was Kyle Longs defender......
Montgomery the real deal!!!

Edit: saw the other comments on this after finishing the video, but still worth mentioning twice, or three times :)

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Two points.

1) Its not one or the other, its both. The O line has played horribly. Mitch has played poorly with some exceptions.

2). Regarding Mitch. He is smart enough to understand the playbook. Thats not the issue. The issue is he cant process what he is seeing fast enough to make in time decisions. This leads to not seeing open guys after his first read and high anxiety when throwing causing the inaccuracies. He hasn’t adjusted to the speed of the NFL game and as this is his third year I dont know that he ever will. He is destined to have a long career as a backup IMO.

Dude. It takes a long time to be a pure pocket passer and read defenses. Most successful guys ride the bench pressure free. Others take a ton of time to develop. Mahomes is literally a once in a lifetime player. The exception not the rule.

And most of the "successful" pocket passers you see are garbage time QBs.

This is the NFL, the defenses are stronger faster and smarter than ever, its not easy. You aren't giving him a chance. He has special moments but you gotta have a little faith that it will click someday and that you can depend on him to get you enough now in the meantime.

Last edited:

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Holy balls...Mitch cant see the field for shit. It was worse than I thought..

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ummm... its not that the playbook is that complicated. Its just that Mitch is not smart enough to understand it.

Just like he can't read defenses, just like he can't stop staring down receivers, just like when he goes into the press conference after the Green Bay game and throws Bear management under the bus by saying, "duh, I was told not to comment". This is part of the same reason it took him so long to become a starting QB in college -- Mitch is not bright.

The guy had roughly 2 YEARS TO UNDERSTAND THE PLAYBOOK!!!
..... and still can't do it. Nagy just plain gave up trying to get him to understand it.

You are not a very good poster.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
It's weird you'd pick that post from the three I made and make that assumption.
So which of the three redundant posts should i have picked? You are the master of redundancy I will give you that, if it makes you feel any better about yourself. Cheer up