The Thrill is Gone: media turning on Fox

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After some more scared coaching in Detroit, looks like the Bears media is turning on Fox.

The bad performance on the field plus terrible press conferences already have the sports talkers sharpening the knives.B and B are about done with him. The columns about his shaky decisions are in every outlet.

When he was hired, I thought he was a white Lovie but now I have to apologize to Lovie. Fox is so conservative it's like a joke.

Also, who the hell told the punt returner to go out of bounds with a lead and 2:46 on the clock? That whole sequence was painfully stupid. The Bears hand the Lions back the ball in 23 seconds by my count., from punt to punt, they only list 23 seconds.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah he super conservative but he has done some good things as well. That clock management was inexcusable to me though, I mean use your timeouts it's basic common sense.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
After some more scared coaching in Detroit, looks like the Bears media is turning on Fox.

The bad performance on the field plus terrible press conferences already have the sports talkers sharpening the knives.B and B are about done with him. The columns about his shaky decisions are in every outlet.

When he was hired, I thought he was a white Lovie but now I have to apologize to Lovie. Fox is so conservative it's like a joke.

Also, who the hell told the punt returner to go out of bounds with a lead and 2:46 on the clock? That whole sequence was painfully stupid. The Bears have the looks back the ball in 23 seconds by my count., from punt to punt, they only list 23 seconds.

LOL, he's exactly like Lovie, they just don't have the same talent on the team.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i told you.

pace either went with the safest hire imaginable, which doesnt instill a lot of confidence as far as im concerned, or hes a puppet and went with who teddy/george wanted him to hire, which again doesnt instill much confidence.

this is simply the first of games in which foxys conservative coaching will lose the game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That's the point. At least when Lovie counted on the D to close out a game, the D was good.

Then why are you apologizing to Lovie about comparing him to Fox if your initial assertion was correct?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i told you.

pace either went with the safest hire imaginable, which doesnt instill a lot of confidence as far as im concerned, or hes a puppet and went with who teddy/george wanted him to hire, which again doesnt instill much confidence.

this is simply the first of games in which foxys conservative coaching will lose the game.

It doesn't lose Seattle but it lost my respect. He played not to get embarrassed like there are polls in the NFL.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
When your history is consistently to go along and more often make conservative decisions, and you make that decision frequently again.. I wouldn't call it scared.

If the media is talking about it its' because there is people who will listen to that being talked about. It's like idiotic new coverage of a snow storm coming in, wow who would of thought this thing that always happens is happening right here, where it ALWAYS happens.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
First the media hates the Bears

Now it hates Fox.

What's next Aardvarks?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Who cares? If Pace fires fox due to media pressure he does not deserve to be the GM. Fox is not perfect, he is prone to mistakes just like any nfl coach, his influence has yielded more positives than negatives.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is the GM a moron?

The Phil Emery persecutors taught me that the blame for hiring of a bad HC falls squarely on the GM so clearly its time to fire Ryan Pace and John Fox.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Media down on a 2-4 head coach?

Shocker....

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weird, I thought this is what you guys all wanted.. a conservative coach that was going to reign in Cutler and play it safe. Are you not entertained?!? lol

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What kind of draft picks would Fox garner if we traded him to GB?