The truth on Allen Robinson

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
WR salaries are getting completely out of hand.

On a good day they only touch the ball about 7 times. It’s insane if you think about it. An average game is about 5 times.

Plus it’s a position that is often injured.
DeAndre Hopkins was the ONLY WR in the top 8 in salaries to start in all 16 games. He averaged over $236,000 a catch.

Last edited:

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Them expensive ass hands... and he said you better put a ring on it... rings do cost less considering...

msadows

Liked Posts:

On a good day they only touch the ball about 7 times. It’s insane if you think about it. An average game is about 5 times.

Keenan Allen averaged $200,000 a catch last season. Lol WTF.

I agree, but to be fair, teams pay DE's like 20m just to touch the QB a couple times a game.

We can thank Jerry Jones for completely fucking up the WR market.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I agree, but to be fair, teams pay DE's like 20m just to touch the QB a couple times a game.

The way I look at it with that point of view. All teams need top tier DEs (OLBs) to be successful on defense. No team needs a top tier Wr to be productive on offense. For me, an offense can be successful with a good OC and good QB and solid Wrs who don’t break the bank.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

DeAngelo Hopkins was the ONLY WR in the top 8 in salaries to start in all 16 games. He averaged over $236,000 a catch.

Very valid points, but who is DeAngelo Hopkins?

Montucky

Liked Posts:

DeAngelo Hopkins was the ONLY WR in the top 8 in salaries to start in all 16 games. He averaged over $236,000 a catch.
This is a novel way of thinking about it that I hadn't considered. You think about how often runningbacks touch the ball yet they really dont have much value put on them, is that really all durability or has the NFL missed the forest for the trees here? What's more runningbacks (and tight ends) have way more impact in the passing game than wide receivers do in the run game. Even the great blocking wide receivers like Hines Ward weren't really game changers in the running attack.

Either way I have really come around to the idea that if a team doesn't have a good pair of offensive tackles its going to be extremely difficult to be successful. In a lot of ways that position might be more important than quarterback. As far as I'm concerned Allen Robinson II, who was great in a Bears uniform, represents resources that could be used in a better way.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is a novel way of thinking about it that I hadn't considered. You think about how often runningbacks touch the ball yet they really dont have much value put on them, is that really all durability or has the NFL missed the forest for the trees here? What's more runningbacks (and tight ends) have way more impact in the passing game than wide receivers do in the run game. Even the great blocking wide receivers like Hines Ward weren't really game changers in the running attack.

Either way I have really come around to the idea that if a team doesn't have a good pair of offensive tackles its going to be extremely difficult to be successful. In a lot of ways that position might be more important than quarterback. As far as I'm concerned Allen Robinson II, who was great in a Bears uniform, represents resources that could be used in a better way.

Yep. You get it!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Quit reading halfway thru the crap article.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Heres the truth. He’s a good receiver. Not elite by any means. Elite WRs change the game. Robinson puts up stats he doesn’t change the game.

This. Would love to keep him around but its not feasible outside of the franchise tag

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Amari Cooper and Arob(soon) getting these contracts is crazy. They aren't Julio(in his prime)/DeAndre/or even Hill.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why missing in the draft is hellish on teams......

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

DeAndre Hopkins was the ONLY WR in the top 8 in salaries to start in all 16 games. He averaged over $236,000 a catch.
I think this is a great point. I would love to be in a think tank with a guy like you and completely overhaul the "build" plan....focus on shit that really matters from the lines out. I think you are totally right...(Hopkins played hurt too btw)

Like you need that guy, that super X...to finish a build...but it has and can be the last thing you get so you don't have to deal with the bullshit or the high salary for long and ship them out for decent return before it chaffes. Randy Moss is an example. Terrell Owens. And through the draft although the miss rate is really high too.

I think it might be wise to build your team up and then acquire the super X the last year or two of the build through trade or free agency. Or you could end up with a Sammy Watkins...the Chiefs just have an overpaid "guy" in that spot but they have Kelce. I think KMET is a good football player and blocker but isn't going to be a third down machine.

Robinson is the type of guy you take care of because he sets a great example. So I don't know what the idiot Ryan Pace is really thinking there because at best...you can replace 75% of his production for 75% of his salary, but you might not get a good example of a human being and professional athlete...why fucking parce pennies when you got one that fits the franchise?

So stupid. But in general I have been unimpressed by the overarching plan and vision since Pace got here. We have gaping burning holes that were here when he got here! Seriously? WTF!?

We do nothing positive to land compensatory picks. We are being out smarted by most of the league. I think we are a stupid fucking organization and its getting tiresome to watch us make the same mistakes for decades on end.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol @ all of the posts basically saying how the bears don’t need Robinson.

if you think the offense was bad the last couple years, just imagine watching the same shit show minus the best offensive player we have.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears cannot afford to not have Robinson.

There is no one on the team that can be a guaranteed number 1 receiver. Robinson is not a top ten number one in the league, but he is the closest thing the Bears have to a number one.

Miller and Mooney are not there.