The Video Game Expert: Highjump's Thread Of News and Q&A

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nintendo will not host a major press conference at E3 this year.

In the past we invited reporters, investors and analysts, industry partners, such as software publishers, and distributors who attended E3 to our large-scale presentations. We also used them as a communication tool in which we broadcast our presentations on the Internet to reach out to video game fans around the globe. I believe that many are expecting us to host a similar event this year.

First, we decided not to host a large-scale presentation targeted at everyone in the international audience where we announce new information as we did in the past.

Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media. Also, I did not speak at last year’s presentation, and I am not planning to speak at these events at the E3 show this year either. Apart from these exclusive events for visitors, we are continuing to investigate ways to deliver information about our games directly to our home audience around the time of E3. We will share more information about them once they have officially been decided.

During the E3 period, we will utilize our direct communication tools, such as Nintendo Direct, to deliver information to our Japanese audience, including those who are at this financial briefing, mainly focusing on the software that we are going to launch in Japan, and we will take the same approach outside Japan for the overseas fans as well.

-Nintendo President Satoru Iwata

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why no let us see Reggie!?

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
zXE2Go5.jpg

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Gran Turismo 6 will be out Holiday 2013.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kiefer Sutherland will be voicing Naked Snake (aka Big Boss) in MGSV. Sad day. Nobody can replace David Hayter. Stupid decision to not bring him back. But I wouldn't be surprised if Hideo Kojima is up to one of his tricks again and Hayter will be involved in some way.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
HJ, are you still doing a top-domain blog?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I am not. No hits/interest and it was pretty much just for fun, but I got bored with it after a while.

Sorry to hear that. I had an idea for a white-up that might bring good hits. =/

At least did you get recruited someplace as a part-time S&G(shits n giggles) blogger? You did a pretty solid job on the few arts that I caught, it would be a shame if all that went to waste.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry to hear that. I had an idea for a white-up that might bring good hits. =/

At least did you get recruited someplace as a part-time S&G(shits n giggles) blogger? You did a pretty solid job on the few arts that I caught, it would be a shame if all that went to waste.

I appreciate that, but nope I'm not writing anywhere right now. I'll probably get bored and start it back up again eventually though. Might start up the Video Game Round-Ups that I used to write on this site if there was enough interest in them. I never knew how well or poorly those were doing. I assumed nobody read them and I was just wasting front page space, so I gave up on them.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I appreciate that, but nope I'm not writing anywhere right now. I'll probably get bored and start it back up again eventually though. Might start up the Video Game Round-Ups that I used to write on this site if there was enough interest in them. I never knew how well or poorly those were doing. I assumed nobody read them and I was just wasting front page space, so I gave up on them.

I have a different problem. I'm interested is so many things at once, that my motives to write are all over the map. Are you interested in finding a video-game news site that allows walk-ins? I'm going to see if I can track one down for my rare moments where I want to research/write about games, maybe I can convince the owner to bring two on. :)

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a different problem. I'm interested is so many things at once, that my motives to write are all over the map. Are you interested in finding a video-game news site that allows walk-ins? I'm going to see if I can track one down for my rare moments where I want to research/write about games, maybe I can convince the owner to bring two on. :)

Nah that's ok. Thanks though. I doubt I'd be active enough. I have weeks where I want to write a ton. And then I have months where I don't want to write anything at all. Plus I'm entering my last year of college. I'll be writing so much next year that I won't feel like doing much outside of school crap.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason there is no Half-Life 3 yet. Gaben won't stop playing WoW.

fnpkcup.jpg

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
DayZ set to arrive on PS4, but could skip Xbox One

Creator of the Arma 2 mod, Dean Hall, says that due to the PS4's self publishing and free updates, things look good for it to arrive on the console as a digital download. XBone doesn't offer self publishing and updates cost money for dev's according to him.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
How's this for weird- FIFA 14 will be coming out on 5 different PlayStation systems this year. PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita. It'll also be coming out on 12 systems/devices total, and none of those are the WiiU.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sony PlayStation 4 Launch Edition already sold out at Amazon

Something interesting from this Forbes article:

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

In the past, Xbox 360 games looked better out of the gate and over time PS3 games progressively improved to the point where games like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls stand out even against some next gen titles. But if this differentiator holds true, not only will Xbox One games have DRM issues and no rental options and limited used game opportunities, the games won’t look as good as PS4 titles. That sounds like a perfect storm of negativity for the hardcore gamers.

Also this about what Microsoft was doing at E3:

This processing power issue also could be a potential reason behind the latest controversy that has emerged for Microsoft at E3, in which photos were taken of some Xbox One games running on Windows 7 PCs with NVIDIA graphics cards. Sony PS4 developers took to Twitter saying PS4 demos were running on PS4 dev kits. I know playing PS4 games behind closed doors that the PS4 was clearly visible as I played.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Walking Dead: 400 Days release dates

Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)