The Walking Dead

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was looking to see when twd was gonna start back up and found an interesting little nugget.
This was a screen shot of the music that fell on the ground in FTWD....

beta-fear-the-walking-dead-unmasked.jpg

Beta was famous before the apocalypse in the comic... So is this his record, and he doesnt talk in anything but a whisper because he is afraid someone will know his voice?

Or is it just a little easter egg?

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Or is it just a little easter egg?
I think gimple confirmed this on the talking dead right after this episode aired. I bet it has a storyline in the back half of season 10.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think gimple confirmed this on the talking dead right after this episode aired. I bet it has a storyline in the back half of season 10.

I guess I should start watching that- was completely unaware.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I guess I should start watching that- was completely unaware.
ehh it's probably not worth watching after fear but after TWD it's better, also with ricks movies coming up i bet they reveal a lot about those on talking dead this season.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ok- couldnt wait. Watched the new episode today. The negan/alpha scenes are great, and the last one may be one of the best negan scenes in the series.

I wont go in to anything else till later.... but wanted to say that even if you didnt give a rat's ass about the "cliffhanger", it is must see tv.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ok- couldnt wait. Watched the new episode today. The negan/alpha scenes are great, and the last one may be one of the best negan scenes in the series.

I wont go in to anything else till later.... but wanted to say that even if you didnt give a rat's ass about the "cliffhanger", it is must see tv.

I couldn’t of went without seeing that last scene with them two just saying lol

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I've never cringed that hard at TWD and it has had some srs cringe.

The Negan/Alpha naked scene.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So idk about everyone else but I was damned sure someone was gonna die down there.

And they kept like setting up or foreshadowing Jerry.... so I figured it might finally be his time.

Instead everyone managed to survive every part of that cave escape except for the deaf girl and moody knife girl... TWD does not do a good job of helping me remember the names of the 12390812098320918 characters.

And I am quite certain the two of them will turn out to have survived and either find another way out or Whisperers will find them.

I find it wildly unrealistic that every single person would survive that entire trap/ordeal.

And lastly lmao with that old timey 1800s mine.... with old ass dynamite laying around.

Perhaps our protagonists will get ambushed by the Apache on their way home to their covered wagon camp.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And lastly lmao with that old timey 1800s mine.... with old ass dynamite laying around

My favorite part!

If it had ACME printed on the side I would have lost it quicker than when Negan said he was into Alpha keeping her mask on.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They were dumb to seek another way out.
My very first reaction when they very stupidly fell in the trap was to start killing walkers one by one and build a pile to go out the way they came.

one thing I dug was daryl using the arm of a walker as a torch. In theory, the fat content could wick out on to the cloth and create a viable torch. (thanks mythbusters).

The 2 left inside the cave should have died from the blast. the pressure wave alone would be enough, let alone shrapnel in a tube shaped cave.
If they were insanely lucky, they would BOTH wind up deaf with concussions and brain damage and possible blindness.

Taking all of that out of the picture- Fuck Carol. Her first few stunts were bad enough, and Daryl was right to rip in to her (as much as daryl ever rips in to people that is). she apologizes and says she will quit the shit.
Then to have her turn around and risk all of their lives on a kamikaze mission... fuck her up her stupid ass.

What is did like about that is that daryl wouldnt give her the satisfaction at the end- just left her to hang.

Now- Alpha and Negan. Fucking hilarious.
Also, the most realistic part of the show IMO.
Negan had the inside knowledge that the communities were working on a whisperer, and it serves two purposes to out her. (especially if it plays out like the comic)
1- gets him the favor of Alpha.
2- it places control of the situation in his hands- the communities know where the hoard is, but not the plan. Outing gamma stops the communities from getting that knowledge.

Alpha reacted the way a leader like her would react- anger that someone would even suggest she had anything less than an iron grip on everyone.

The reward? a creepy yet appropriate way in her shoes. I bet Beta never even got any of that. Her methodology with the walking and commands left little doubt that she was in fact the boss. her statement that Negan was a crass man that deserved a crass reward was good too- making it a favor, not a weakness to exploit.

When she made negan take his clothes off and he started in to his dialogue, he almost blew it right there.
He was really gearing up to his typical negan speech and getting prepared to turn and fight, and she cut him off just in time.

His speech really made me think that they are going the comic book direction- especially with the preying mantis comment when they got together.
To paraphrase, he alluded to her earlier statement that she and he were not alike... he said I becam a monster because that is what this world required- that his name meant something and he saved people.
You can bet his next words were going to be she was a monster just to be a monster, killing for fun.

In his own fucked up way, Negan believes he served the greater good, and slipping in to camp, earning her trust and killing her falls right in line with how he has been acting.

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Carol

Carol became my favorite Survivor over the years and I am hating the way they have her character in this sudden tailspin.

I don't want to belittle the relationship she had with Henry, but come on now. She held it together better after losing her actual daughter or after plugging another child in the back of the head. She had no problem dumping Henry's dear old dad too.

Everything Carol has been through and this is her breaking point???

Meh.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Carol became my favorite Survivor over the years and I am hating the way they have her character in this sudden tailspin.

I don't want to belittle the relationship she had with Henry, but come on now. She held it together better after losing her actual daughter or after plugging another child in the back of the head. She had no problem dumping Henry's dear old dad too.

Everything Carol has been through and this is her breaking point???

Meh.

SHe had broken a couple times before though. when she left alexadria and that dude shot her up... she was ready to die.
She also killed the 2 in the prison.

Lets not forget, she also burnt the ex-saviors to death while they slept just as payback for a ring.

She has been borderline psychotic/suicidal on and off for the entire run of the series.

I have been good with most of it, but her and morgan and the whole not killing soul searching stuff is just so fucking trite.

I was good with morgan doing it once... but now it seems like that is used to give characters depth across the entire universe.

To tell the truth, I was done with carol the moment she screwed over Ezekiel. Henry was a far larger part of Ezekiels life than hers, and she just dropped zeke like a rock and left him to deal on his own.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To tell the truth, I was done with carol the moment she screwed over Ezekiel. Henry was a far larger part of Ezekiels life than hers, and she just dropped zeke like a rock and left him to deal on his own.

Exactly the moment I soured as well.

We have been down this "broken soul" journey with Carol more than enough and her character was trending up to the strong leader type we thought she had evolved into.

Instead, TWD decided she should devolve into the wounded mother again why???

Because Michonne was too busy making movies for Disney???

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Negan/alpha scene was pretty damn gross at face value- when they panned back you could see they were all dirty and grime smudged... neither has bathed in quite some time. The smell must have been awful.

... then it gets infinitely worse when it occurs to you, Alpha knocked negan in to the shit pit that she just dropped a fresh alpha deuce in- and it appeared scene 1 and scene 2 were over the course of one day....

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feel cheated out of a Daryl and/or Alpha death last episode. Show both near death for most of episode, hanging on by a thread...then magically all good and thriving again in next week's preview.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Feel cheated out of a Daryl and/or Alpha death last episode. Show both near death for most of episode, hanging on by a thread...then magically all good and thriving again in next week's preview.

Daryl only lost like 9 gallons of blood... and him/Alpha only stabbed eachother like a dozen times.

Plot armor is thicccccccccccccccccccccc

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sunday's episode had some fun hand waving eh?

Whisperers tunneled thru the sewer system of Alexandria to Dante's grave and Beta climbed out of said grave like a zombie and proceeded to stealth-murder like 20 people.

Listen, I'm not asking for a fucking docu-series on Whisperer mining practices, but how many times are the writers just going to wave their fucking hands at me and poof into existence some wildly successful operation that defies logic.

I'll offer a simple middle ground.... sometime in the last 5-6 episodes introduce a Whisperer who was a former Army Engineer or a Miner or drug trafficker who built tunnels Mexico->America (topical), and show him/her starting that project and leave it a mystery until this past episode.

Much like the kidnapping of a dozen people from a guarded settlement during that fair.... all I'm asking...offer me some, even paltry, explanation of how it was fucking possible.

At this rate Maggie is going to return from a base on the Moon, Rick will turn out to have been on Mars this entire time, and they will be leading armies 50 million strong back to Earth to fight each other and the Walkers for dominance on Earth.