Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well... At the very least, they wrapped up that storyline in one episode. "Stephanie" went "missing", Eugene found her, and we learned the truth within 40 minutes. In the past, I'm sure that would have played out over a season and a half.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am 5 mins into the latest episode.

1. You can put a radio together with garbage pieces and not even use a soldering iron.
2. I sure do wish I could see Eugene's "I'm so sad about how cucked I feel" face a whole lot more.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am convinced they made FTWD and TWD:WB so that TWD would only be the third worst show on television.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Barbara from Shark Tank wearing a safari hat on her walk through the forest with Maggie.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Someone gonna stuff Eugene into a locker on next week's episode.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Might be the worst series finale in modern TV history.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been watching this final season via the AMC+ app and kind of forgot I am a week a head of what's being aired on the actual station.

So no spoilers or anything, but in an upcoming episode they have to enter a building swarmed with walkers and someone from the Commonwealth suggests the old "Covered in zombie guts camouflage" trick that keeps getting less realistic every time it comes back into the show.

This got me thinking that if this trick is seemingly common knowledge to anyone that has survived this long, why wouldn't a place as sophisticated as the Commonwealth try to synthesize that scent and sell it on every street corner???

(They are equipped for major evasive surgeries, but no one is handy with oil infusions?)

Then just paint the walls of your city with it and live like pre apocalypse kings & queens!

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Well... At the very least, they wrapped up that storyline in one episode. "Stephanie" went "missing", Eugene found her, and we learned the truth within 40 minutes. In the past, I'm sure that would have played out over a season and a half.

Yep. And thank a final season for that small favor.

This season doesn't seem like a series finale. To me it's one of the most boring. You'd think it would be more in line with them coming on to a zombie cure. Or the zombies changing into strong and fast. Or finding Rick and some big conspiracy. The Commonwealth is interesting, but hardly high drama for The Walking Dead.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep. And thank a final season for that small favor.

This season doesn't seem like a series finale. To me it's one of the most boring. You'd think it would be more in line with them coming on to a zombie cure. Or the zombies changing into strong and fast. Or finding Rick and some big conspiracy. The Commonwealth is interesting, but hardly high drama for The Walking Dead.

Methinks they "conclude" The Walking Dead, but continue the story via the new spin off shows.

I had the same feel, its not really a series finale, it just feels like yet another shitty season finale.

The Walking Dead: World Beyond had this group called the Civic Republic, which is much like the Commonwealth.

Junk Yard Lady (Jadis) shows up, she's now a big bad ass security chief lady and makes mention of how she got her spot in the Civic Republic (she says she lied about what Rick was to spare him from the labs, so presumably he's alive).

Civic Republic and Commonwealth seemed like the exact same kind of shady elites running a knock-off copy of the old modern world.

Either movies or new shows will pit Civic Republic against Commonwealth would be my bet.

The writers and/or source material just keep looping back to this concept of a big/powerful/mysterious authority that tends towards authoritarianism, but has a much bigger/darker secret.

The barn secret with Hershel.

The Governor and his devious collection of heads (which they re-used in the last episode)

The Terminus cannibals and their devious plan to eat everyone.

Negan and his dictatorship where he kept sex slaves and threw people in furnaces.

Congress lady and Alexandria, for like half a season the writers wanted us to be uncertain if they had secrets, they didn't.

Alpha/Beta and their clan wearing skin suits, they gave us an interesting mystery for 1 episode and then shit all over it.

Now its Commonwealth/Civic Republic and their shadowy military leaders who commit genocide.

There hasn't been a reason to root for these characters in like 8 seasons, I keep hoping they all die.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Methinks they "conclude" The Walking Dead, but continue the story via the new spin off shows.

Agreed.

Not even the comics gave any sort of resolution to end the zombie apocalypse. It just told a lot of stories about how people survived in it via the perspective of a man named Rick Grimes and abruptly ends with the end of Rick Grimes.

This show should have done the same. I have been disappointed in just about every episode since that bridge blew up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed.

Not even the comics gave any sort of resolution to end the zombie apocalypse. It just told a lot of stories about how people survived in it via the perspective of a man named Rick Grimes and abruptly ends with the end of Rick Grimes.

This show should have done the same. I have been disappointed in just about every episode since that bridge blew up.

This is the problem with TV writers/producers who live off source material and don't know how to craft their own characters/stories.

They should've just ended the series when Rick "died", but have him die, not "die".

Could have then spun it off into multiple series as they're doing now.

They made "Dawn of the Dead in TV show form!" into "They made Days of our Lives have zombies"

Someone should honestly parody the last few seasons of shitty writing into a stage play that you do in the tone of a hyperbolic TV soap opera.

"Why don't you look at me anymore Daryl?!?!"

she turns dramatically to stare at a field full of undead approaching

"I mean, for one you've looked like my Mom since Season 1, and for two, our names rhyme, Carol."

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the problem with TV writers/producers who live off source material and don't know how to craft their own characters/stories.

They should've just ended the series when Rick "died", but have him die, not "die".

Could have then spun it off into multiple series as they're doing now.

Exactly.

My Captain Hindsight Plan:

If you know you are losing Andrew Lincoln in Season 9, let the Saviors win the war at the end of Season 8 and let Negan bash Rick's skull in for the Season/Series Finale.

Then let the Daryl/Carol/Maggie/Negan characters that are all rumored to keep living on in the spin offs, live on it that world.

Then slowly introduce The Whispers. The Commonwealth, CRC, etc. that way. It was such an easy path and they somehow did it all.so terribly wrong instead.

*sigh*

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly.

My Captain Hindsight Plan:

If you know you are losing Andrew Lincoln in Season 9, let the Saviors win the war at the end of Season 8 and let Negan bash Rick's skull in for the Season/Series Finale.

Then let the Daryl/Carol/Maggie/Negan characters that are all rumored to keep living on in the spin offs, live on it that world.

Then slowly introduce The Whispers. The Commonwealth, CRC, etc. that way. It was such an easy path and they somehow did it all.so terribly wrong instead.

*sigh*

Omg Daryl got a dog and a sensitive side, why can't you just be happy?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
fuck more spin offs the series is dead they need to just end it and move on. Maybe take a break and come back fresh with something better.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
fuck more spin offs the series is dead they need to just end it and move on. Maybe take a break and come back fresh with something better.

Isn't that the scary part?

1648310536456.png

Ratings for this show have nosedived.

Viewers told them what they were doing wrong and they just kept doubling down.

Now they are gonna crash land the original series with a non-ending and begin THREE additional shows.

1648310678440.png

Viewers like "We don't want more of this idiotic shitty story, we're gonna stop watching."

And like an infomercial AMC like "But wait, there's MORE."

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This last season appears to be far more disappointing than I could possibly conceive.

I don't give a rats ass about the commonwealth- maybe I would have had the not taken rick away to the CRM and sent michonne after him.

I would have accepted a season of CRM vs the commonwealth... but it looks unlikely and even if they did it, it would be crammed in to way too few episodes.

I am going to keep watching, because I want to see how badly they limp to the barn with this shit.

Things fell apart after the saviors... but they really jumped the shark with the nukes.

Near as anyone can figure, fear is stuck in 2013 or so.
The CRM is the world power with shit loads of military hardware, and wee meet them 10 years in. 2020 give or take.
Twd is sitting in the neighborhood of 2021-22.

So- in almost a decade since nukes were dropped in Texas, not. Single person left the fallout zone and happened across anyone from the other 2 shows?
The jet stream never took radiation up to new york from Texas for the CRM to pick up on?

I don't think I give much of a shit watching rick and jadis take out the CRM in 3 movies without a full remaining cast reunion.

... and fear has gone laughably off the rails.
Strand, Alicia.... fuck them.

...and #called it.... we didn't see Madison die on screen, and I never believed she was dead.
Word is she is coming back. Maybe riding a mecha-velociraptor to kidnap strand and take him to a yoga retreat where they all become one with themselves.

7faafee1-5a5d-4523-a99f-62355c2f5eb4.jpg