The wide receiver market

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Leo - what exactly do you want the Bears to do this offseason?

Everything you post is saying the Bears shouldn't do something (don't draft a QB, don't sign AR). What do you want them to do
He's a Trubisexual. Nothing matters to them anymore.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Leo - what exactly do you want the Bears to do this offseason?

Everything you post is saying the Bears shouldn't do something (don't draft a QB, don't sign AR). What do you want them to do
It’s too late for what I wanted them to do. I wanted the whole thing blown up and some competent people brought in to upper management and a new coaching staff.
I never said don’t sign Robinson, I don’t think he is a top 10 receiver.
I think all the quarterbacks in this draft are basically the same and that is that they aren’t worth trading up for.
I don’t think trading away draft currency for a unknown commodity is going to help the overall team.
I do think trading down and adding draft currency for an unknown commodity is the way to go.
I think this off season has to be done with a bit of frugality in mind.
Now we have to cut people for cap space and that means you have to fill those spots with people for less money.
Everything I think should happen most likely won’t happen.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's because ARob is delusional and thinks he's worth 20M a year.

Let's be real, ARob is a glorified possession WR with a weird habit of jumping for no reason on half his catches. It's not the end of the world if he walks.

Guarantee you if Nagy wasn't a thin-skinned bitch still butthurt over a rookie criticizing his system you could put Ridley out there in his place and get the same production for a fraction of the cost.

Id rather see the Bears pay $20 million to a tackle.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Juju and Golliday.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just re-sign the #1 WR who's been here for 3 years. He deserves it.

The only other X receiver who isn't trash on that list is golladay, I wouldn't mind him, but at that point why not keep arob?

Wouldn't mind an upgrade Robinson isn't elite.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Fuck A-Rob. Tag and trade him. I’m not paying him what he thinks he’s worth. You’re in Chicago. No WR is ever worth that kind of cash. We never have a QB to make a return on the investment.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fuck A-Rob. Tag and trade him. I’m not paying him what he thinks he’s worth. You’re in Chicago. No WR is ever worth that kind of cash. We never have a QB to make a return on the investment.

Well, you're not paying him anything because you have no money or say in who the Bears pay money to. Also, you're right. To be worth the kind of money he wants (which he hasn't said how much that is).....he should probably put up something like 200 catches, 2400 yards and 13 TDs over a 2 year span.....maybe even needs to dominate a playoff game with 140+ yards, the only offensive score, and big catches on a potential game-winning drive.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Well, you're not paying him anything because you have no money or say in who the Bears pay money to. Also, you're right. To be worth the kind of money he wants (which he hasn't said how much that is).....he should probably put up something like 200 catches, 2400 yards and 13 TDs over a 2 year span.....maybe even needs to dominate a playoff game with 140+ yards, the only offensive score, and big catches on a potential game-winning drive.
I didn’t realize I wasn’t in the front office. “SHOULD”put up? I am not paying for “should”. Not with the hole at QB. And btw he’s a good receiver. That’s it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I didn’t realize I wasn’t in the front office. “SHOULD”put up? I am not paying for “should”. Not with the hole at QB. And btw he’s a good receiver. That’s it.
He did put up those stats. That's the point.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Use him as a trade chip to move up in the draft.
Teams that can use him:

Miami
Cincinnati
Jets
Eagles
Giants
Niners
Patriots
Raiders
WFT
Jaguars
Ravens

All of these teams could use a #1WR. Is ARob an elite WR? Debatable. Will they part with a 1st? Probably not. But maybe a bundle of picks. Or package him with the 20th pick and move up that way. No point on keeping ARob if there isn't a legitimate QB on the roster. Receivers grow on trees. QB's don't.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Exactly. And How did that translate into wins for them? He’s not that impactful even with those stats.
You thought those were fake numbers though, and now you are changing your argument.

Obviously the inept offensive can be blamed on lots of things, and ARob is probably at the bottom of that list.

That said, if they can get good value for him in a trade, I'm fine with that.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
You thought those were fake numbers though, and now you are changing your argument.

Obviously the inept offensive can be blamed on lots of things, and ARob is probably at the bottom of that list.

That said, if they can get good value for him in a trade, I'm fine with that.
I didn’t use the word “hoping” for those numbers they did. It’s the same as you don’t pay for past success. Because what did his success bring us? Tag/trade is 100% what should be done.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I didn’t use the word “hoping” for those numbers they did. It’s the same as you don’t pay for past success. Because what did his success bring us? Tag/trade is 100% what should be done.

What success did anyone bring to the Bears by your standard? Get rid of them all! Bums!

Depends on what you can get for him. And if you rescind the tag, you get nothing, no comp pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think C.Godwin could be a #1 WR but they just have so many weapons on this team with Brady that it's hard to get #1 numbers and he was injured a lot in the 1st half of the season and missed some games. He still put up 65 rec, 840 yds and 7 TD's.

Last year was 86 rec, 1,333 yds and 9 TD.s with Jameis.

Bring in Godwin and Jameis next year?

Stafford and Golladay?
His late season drop issues were new and I think he gets passed it. He's a weapon for sure, but maybe best in a good unit. He never had to swim much without Evans. He's a #1 Y guy or a top Y guy however you want to say it. We need an X unless we think Wimms is ready.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe it's separation on all routes. Anthony Miller, for example, had great separation numbers in previous years

Those numbers were inflated since they added his shoulder separation to those numbers. ?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I'd take corey davis, draft a toney type wr this year let the wr carousel keep it's course like we had with A rob.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
All y’all saying receivers grow on trees, he’s replaceable, blah blah blah.. no they don’t and no he isn’t. refresh my memory. Over the past 15 years how many receivers have the bears signed in free agency v how many turned out to be worth a shit or even close to Arob? 1. Brandon Marshall. How many drafted? 1. Alshon Jeffery

you guys are nuts.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'd take corey davis, draft a toney type wr this year let the wr carousel keep it's course like we had with A rob.
He's going to cost a shitload more than he's worth from the projections. I like him too but not at sixty-five million dollars.

Josh Reynolds is one I'd like to see brought in.