I'd be fine with the two of the three below to replace arob

Corey Davis
Curtis Samuel
Will Fuller

Add two of them to the mix with
Mooney
Miller (would be okay if he's dumped)
Ridley (could be dumped if Miller kept)
Another rookie mid round pick (like mooney)

Say goodbye to slow footed wims and arob who wants too much money for a team constructed like the bears next few years

Take C.Davis out and i'd be pretty damn happy with getting either one of W.Fuller or C.Samuel to go with Mooney and maybe even get another lower priced guy like i think Josh Reynolds could be a great signing if the Rams don't re-sign him. I also would look into Nelson Agholor.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Take C.Davis out and i'd be pretty damn happy with getting either one of W.Fuller or C.Samuel to go with Mooney and maybe even get another lower priced guy like i think Josh Reynolds could be a great signing if the Rams don't re-sign him. I also would look into Nelson Agholor.

I like Agholor and Demarcus Robinson from the chiefs

Just think we need to totally revamp that position with 2 fa + draft pick....assuming we aren't signing arob to 20 mil per year...and need to dump wims and possibly Miller as they are net negatives to the team and clearly dumb as rocks.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game is short very short if you get offered more for longer to play with a bad QB than you take it.

At that point you just hope they fix the QB situation
Think everyone does...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just sign arob.

Simple.

Don't think it's gonna be simple to just sign ARob after not signing him in those 356 days that we had a chance to. If we could get this QB thing done quickly and he likes it then maybe we can but i don't even think he'd sign with us now even if we offered him whatever it was he was wanting during the season. We either tag him, sign and trade him or let him walk and get the comp pick if we can't do any of the other stuff i mentioned IMO.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't seem that simple.

That's because ARob is delusional and thinks he's worth 20M a year.

Let's be real, ARob is a glorified possession WR with a weird habit of jumping for no reason on half his catches. It's not the end of the world if he walks.

Guarantee you if Nagy wasn't a thin-skinned bitch still butthurt over a rookie criticizing his system you could put Ridley out there in his place and get the same production for a fraction of the cost.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Let's be real, ARob is a glorified possession WR with a weird habit of jumping for no reason on half his catches. It's not the end of the world if he walks.

Guarantee you if Nagy wasn't a thin-skinned bitch still butthurt over a rookie criticizing his system you could put Ridley out there in his place and get the same production for a fraction of the cost.

Are his numbers deflated because he has a shit qb?

Or

Are his numbers inflated because he's basically been the only wr/te receiving target we've had until this season?

I like the guy but his pay requests aren't anywhere near what his true value is....he's NOT a top 5-10 wr in the NFL

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you think Ridley is going to put up AROB numbers you're out of your fucking mind !!

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They've been trying for a year now.

Doesn't seem that simple.
Its weird to me how ARob said there has been no dialogue for a year but Pace said there has been. Why lie about that on either side

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its weird to me how ARob said there has been no dialogue for a year but Pace said there has been. Why lie about that on either side

Deshaun Watson said the same thing during the draft but Pace claimed they did.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you think Ridley is going to put up AROB numbers you're out of your fucking mind !!

Don't see any reason why Ridley or literally any other WR playing his role on this offense couldn't. Not hard to pile up stats as the primary read on this team. I just don't think spending 20M on a possession WR is a wise choice for this team.

His big games this year were against scrub teams and he was virtually invisible in the 2 games we needed most to end the year. I have absolutely no issues letting him walk. Save the money and spend it elsewhere. Invest that money into a new set of OTs for fucks sake.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't see any reason why Ridley or literally any other WR playing his role on this offense couldn't. Not hard to pile up stats as the primary read on this team. I just don't think spending 20M on a possession WR is a wise choice for this team.

His big games this year were against scrub teams and he was virtually invisible in the 2 games we needed most to end the year. I have absolutely no issues letting him walk. Save the money and spend it elsewhere. Invest that money into a new set of OTs for fucks sake.

That I agree with, I also don't think Robinson is worth the money he's commanding, but Ridley will be hard pressed to match his numbers, also not sure Ridley would be the primary read on to many occasions

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Don't think it's gonna be simple to just sign ARob after not signing him in those 356 days that we had a chance to. If we could get this QB thing done quickly and he likes it then maybe we can but i don't even think he'd sign with us now even if we offered him whatever it was he was wanting during the season. We either tag him, sign and trade him or let him walk and get the comp pick if we can't do any of the other stuff i mentioned IMO.

I mean he still has a price. The Bears should know what that price is based on previous negotiations. It's as simple as hitting the price he wants if you want to keep him.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
That I agree with, I also don't think Robinson is worth the money he's commanding, but Ridley will be hard pressed to match his numbers, also not sure Ridley would be the primary read on to many occasions

Meh I just don't think 1200 yards and 6 TD's as a teams #1 WR in today's NFL getting the overwhelming majority of targets is that special and irreplaceable. Then factor in the diva attitude and all the loafing I saw on tape this year and it's a no brainer.

He was barely worth the 15M cap hit this year much less the 20M he thinks he's worth.

Then you look at this team's roster situation and it makes even less sense. Why the fuck would you pay any WR that much money when you literally don't have a QB and your OL sucks dick. Makes literally no sense what so ever.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think Will Fuller would be a horrible signing for the Bears at this current time. Don't get me wrong, he's a great WR and think he's really talented BUT that dude can't stay healthy. And on top of that, he is suspended for PED use. He's already missed 22 games in 4 years due to injuries and now another 6 for his suspension. Hard pass. Would be a huge disappointment.