Markus Wheaton
Kendall Wright
Josh Bellamy

Daniel Braverman [PR]
Tanner Gentry [PR]

Deonte Thompson
Reuben Randall
Eddie Royal

Where to start with this group. There is some interesting talent in this group, but hardly anything that is proven. I think that the Bears are going to either be okay, or they are going to be a mess at WR. The lynch pin obviously is Kevin White, who I have little faith in, but he could be a huge addition even if he comes close to what he was suppose to be. I do not see 6 guys that need to be on the roster right now so I wonder if the Bears are going to keep extra TEs and use them flexed around the formation. The Bears desperately need Meredith to just do what he did last season and catch the ball consistently. Wheaton and Wright have produced in the NFL and I think that using Wright in the slot and rotating Wheaton in on the outside to run deeper routes works on paper, but I have my doubts about the health of both guys. I do not like Josh Bellamy, but Fox loves him and he plays special teams and I cannot see any of the other 4 guys playing any special teams.

With 5 guys on the roster and a couple of serious health concerns the Bears need to keep a couple guys on the PR that they can call on to fill out the back spots of the depth chart.

This group is so thin when you consider White's health.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Braverman makes sense with what Trubisky did with the little slot guys at UNC, but he showed next to nothing last season.

Can he knock Foxy's boy Bellamy off the roster.

Davide

Liked Posts:

Hy Windy and thank you for your consideration about the team. I'm an italian Bears Fan and I want to ask you if there is a remote possibility that the Bears could sign (or trade for) Josh Gordon.

Liked Posts:
Hy Windy and thank you for your consideration about the team. I'm an italian Bears Fan and I want to ask you if there is a remote possibility that the Bears could sign (or trade for) Josh Gordon.

There's always a chance but highly unlikely.

Davide

Liked Posts:
There's always a chance but highly unlikely.

Thank you for the answer Magenta!

I also think that's unlikely, but i don't know why, because i think Gordon is the best option for the Bears to replace Jeffery,

It's a win to win situation because Gordon is cheap and very, very talented. Furthermore Gordon will be a great option for our QB..

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thank you for the answer Magenta!

I also think that's unlikely, but i don't know why, because i think Gordon is the best option for the Bears to replace Jeffery,

It's a win to win situation because Gordon is cheap and very, very talented. Furthermore Gordon will be a great option for our QB..

He doesn't really fit with the character that Fox and Pace look for.

I do think they could use adding a veteran presence to the WR room that can still add a little bit on the field. I think Anquan Boldin would be an exceptional mentor for these guys and is someone who can work the slot and make contested catches.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the group that I am most concerned about and the group that would most likely keep me from playing Trubisky.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
cmon kevin white's health is no longer in question, he changed his number to get rid of that bad karma

my dark horse would be randle, if he actually realizes this is his last chance, he may get his head on straight which is really his only problem

Davide

Liked Posts:
This is the group that I am most concerned about and the group that would most likely keep me from playing Trubisky.

There isn't a BIG TARGET. A guy who can throw the 50/50 ball. This group remind me the Knox/Hester days..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
this is the worst ive seen the wrs look since wade/davis dynamic duo

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
WR [5]

Kevin White
Cam Meredith
Markus Wheaton
Kendall Wright
Josh Bellamy

Daniel Braverman [PR]
Tanner Gentry [PR]

Deonte Thompson
Reuben Randall
Eddie Royal

Where to start with this group. There is some interesting talent in this group, but hardly anything that is proven. I think that the Bears are going to either be okay, or they are going to be a mess at WR. The lynch pin obviously is Kevin White, who I have little faith in, but he could be a huge addition even if he comes close to what he was suppose to be. I do not see 6 guys that need to be on the roster right now so I wonder if the Bears are going to keep extra TEs and use them flexed around the formation. The Bears desperately need Meredith to just do what he did last season and catch the ball consistently. Wheaton and Wright have produced in the NFL and I think that using Wright in the slot and rotating Wheaton in on the outside to run deeper routes works on paper, but I have my doubts about the health of both guys. I do not like Josh Bellamy, but Fox loves him and he plays special teams and I cannot see any of the other 4 guys playing any special teams.

With 5 guys on the roster and a couple of serious health concerns the Bears need to keep a couple guys on the PR that they can call on to fill out the back spots of the depth chart.

This group is so thin when you consider White's health.

We can just remove Drops Bellamy and Kevin White. Basically we're looking at Wright, Meredith and Wheaton. Of those three, both Wright and Wheaton have their own injury history as well.

Aside from our awful secondary, WR is our weakest position. Even if healthy, we don't have a #2. Basically we have one #3 and a bunch of #4's and #5's.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aside from our awful secondary, WR is our weakest position. Even if healthy, we don't have a #2. Basically we have one #3 and a bunch of #4's and #5's.

I think the WRs are in far worse shape than the secondary.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cam Meredith - WR1
Markus Wheaton - WR2
Wright - WR3
White - WR4

White has to prove himself. He did not look like an NFL receiver in his paltry 4 games last year. Cam, Wright and Wheaton are all more polished and better WR's then him at this point, imo.

Bellamy - ST
Deonte Thompson - Cut
Reuben Randall - Cut
Eddie Royal - Cut

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The secondary at least has a bunch of younger guys and if a couple turn out to be good, it's a passable unit. The WRs have one guy who has shown real promise but only for a few games,, one talented guy who's been injured for his entire career except three games where he looked bad, and two wash outs. It's a terrible unit.

Reactions: WCL

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
I think 5 you have outlined to begin make the opening roster.....Deonte/Randle/Royal get cut....Braverman or Gentry will be on Practice Squad.....Interesting note on 2 guys who may be cut....DGB and Rashad Greene....might be worth taking a flier on if cut.....

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bellamy should be gone, he had many chances to show his stuff and failed. Unbelievable they would consider putting him on the field.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We can just remove Drops Bellamy and Kevin White. Basically we're looking at Wright, Meredith and Wheaton. Of those three, both Wright and Wheaton have their own injury history as well.

That is very true. And when you add to that the lack of guys who can catch out of the backfield(Cohen may solve some of this) and add the fact that only Miller is a good receiver at TE, the problem is worse.

Lets start setting up the T formation boys:)