dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Braverman makes sense with what Trubisky did with the little slot guys at UNC, but he showed next to nothing last season.

Can he knock Foxy's boy Bellamy off the roster.

J.Bellamy makes the team because of his ST skills which are pretty damn good. If anything you gotta give him credit for getting open when playing WR last year, his problem was catching the ball and for some reason always jumping for balls even when he didn't have to. D.Loggains is a big reason why he and all our WR's were getting open last year but i see Bellamy making the team and i think we keep 6 WR's especially with how many of these guys are injury concerns.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hy Windy and thank you for your consideration about the team. I'm an italian Bears Fan and I want to ask you if there is a remote possibility that the Bears could sign (or trade for) Josh Gordon.

No way does Pace go for Gordon

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That is very true. And when you add to that the lack of guys who can catch out of the backfield(Cohen may solve some of this) and add the fact that only Miller is a good receiver at TE, the problem is worse.

Lets start setting up the T formation boys:)

B.Cunningham is a good RB that catches passes out of the backfield....pay attention.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That Jeffery is on the roster this year.

Yeah i'm sure he would of loved milking those soft tissue injuries while getting paid $17 mil.......SMDH
:enough:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Money talks? Its not like the Eagles are somekind of championship caliber team so it wasn't that. I hear that he didn't like the weather in Chicago? Philly is better? Not that either. The Bears had lots of money did they not? I'd say that the Bears just didn't personally like him like they didn't like Marshall, Bennett, Forte, and Slauson. Long is probably next to go.

You lack so much common sense it's ridiculous and exhausting even debating with you on anything Bears cause your hatred for them is so strong.

Reactions: WCL

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
J.Bellamy makes the team because of his ST skills which are pretty damn good. If anything you gotta give him credit for getting open when playing WR last year, his problem was catching the ball and for some reason always jumping for balls even when he didn't have to. D.Loggains is a big reason why he and all our WR's were getting open last year but i see Bellamy making the team and i think we keep 6 WR's especially with how many of these guys are injury concerns.

Bellamy has shown repeatedly he can't catch, no matter if in the air or with one or both feet touching the ground. To me being called a WR means you have to catch a ball when thrown to you.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
There isn't a BIG TARGET. A guy who can throw the 50/50 ball. This group remind me the Knox/Hester days..

Meredith and White are 6'3", each with over 36" verticals. The ability is there. Even if not, this group is a lot better than Knox/Hester. Hester wasn't a legit WR. Knox offered little beyond great speed. I'd say even down to Wheaton, the top 4 on the depth chart are better than both of those guys.

Also should point out, 50/50 are a part of the game and you have to win some of those as an offense. But if your QB is throwing a lot of 50/50 balls, then he's most likely making a bad decision. Lack of 50/50 WRs hasn't hurt the Pats or Saints and didn't hurt the Lions without Calvin Johnson this year.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Meredith and White are 6'3", each with over 36" verticals. The ability is there. Even if not, this group is a lot better than Knox/Hester. Hester wasn't a legit WR. Knox offered little beyond great speed. I'd say even down to Wheaton, the top 4 on the depth chart are better than both of those guys.

Also should point out, 50/50 are a part of the game and you have to win some of those as an offense. But if your QB is throwing a lot of 50/50 balls, then he's most likely making a bad decision. Lack of 50/50 WRs hasn't hurt the Pats or Saints and didn't hurt the Lions without Calvin Johnson this year.

Exactly. Either your QB is making some bad decisions or your WR's aren't getting open.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Good idea. They should sign Calvin Johnson.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Braverman makes sense with what Trubisky did with the little slot guys at UNC, but he showed next to nothing last season.

Can he knock Foxy's boy Bellamy off the roster.
the reason why is that when he got on the field they didn't target him. if you watch the last two games he was wide open on a few occasions and was overlooked I hope that Glennon or trubs finds this guy cause he knows how to find the hole in zones and that's what makes a great slot wr

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Alshon is replaceable.

He's given the team 106 receptions over the last two years and counted for 25% of receptions made.

I have faith that the wideouts will split that production. What I do not have faith in is the QBs not throwing picks. That is what hurt the offensive unit last year.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bellamy should be gone, he had many chances to show his stuff and failed. Unbelievable they would consider putting him on the field.

Agree with this as a receiver, but he's good on special teams.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do not think that Braverman has NFL physical tools. In fact his combine was downright bad.

If I am keeping a shifty white guy for the slot why would I not keep Tanner Gentry who is bigger and WAY more athletic?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I do not think that Braverman has NFL physical tools. In fact his combine was downright bad.

If I am keeping a shifty white guy for the slot why would I not keep Tanner Gentry who is bigger and WAY more athletic?

at this point pace can still call in cruz or stevie johnson, both guys who can play the slot. Gentry is too much of an unknown and i would take cruz or johnson over bellamy or braverman.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Personally I would probably have it broken down like this.

1. Meredith - Clear No 1 WR on the Bears primarily because he's the only one that doesn't have significant health issues thus far and he looked good last year. I think Glennon and eventually Trubisky can take better advantage of his size than the QBs last year.

2. White/Randle - I think Randle will probably be the No 2 on the outside until White is healthy then White will play a couple of games before getting injured again. I think Randle makes the roster because he's a bit more physical and able to catch in traffic moreso than the other guys.

3. Wheaton/Wright - I think these guys will split the slot or play together in 4 WR sets but I will keep both of them because inevitably one or both of them will get hurt.

4. Bellamy - Yep I think Bellamy still makes it as a special team guy who can come in at WR in a pinch, get open and then proceed to drop half of his chances.

Royal and Braverman are out IMO as the former costs too and the latter sucks with both not offering anything that Wright and Wheaton can't offer. Thompson is out because Jackson and/or Cohen make him expendable on returns. I'd keep Gentry and Seales on the practice squad.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You lack so much common sense it's ridiculous and exhausting even debating with you on anything Bears cause your hatred for them is so strong.

I hate the Bears? Nonsense. I said that they should have tried like hell to re-sign Jeffrey and now you say that I hate the Bears? Did the Bears not have the money to spend to sign Jeffrey? Was Jeffrey not a good receiver? Were the other players that I mentioned not the best players on the entire offense?

Why don't you do engage in debate instead of making up bullshit about my supposed hate of the Bears and that I lack common sense.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I hate the Bears? Nonsense. I said that they should have tried like hell to re-sign Jeffrey and now you say that I hate the Bears? Did the Bears not have the money to spend to sign Jeffrey? Was Jeffrey not a good receiver? Were the other players that I mentioned not the best players on the entire offense?

Why don't you do engage in debate instead of making up bullshit about my supposed hate of the Bears and that I lack common sense.

The problem is you've consistently harped on a handful of moves and all those moves were correct. You say they should have kept Marshall, but he had one more year in him and has once again worn out his welcome and is headed to his 5th team. For a rebuilding team trying to fix the culture, cutting Marshall was the correct move.

They let Forte go, Forte is clearly done. Love him, but the running back cliff is a real thing.

You say they should have kept Bennett, but Bennett, like Marshall, is heading to his 2nd team since leaving the Bears. Bennett is a good player, but good players don't play on 5 teams without a reason. another headcase.

And you still go on about Slauson, an average interior lineman who didn't fit the system. As a rookie, Whitehair played as well if not better then Slauson ever did.

So at this point, you are saying we could have an over the hill HB, a malcontent, over the hill WR, a rapidly approaching over the hill malcontent Bennett and an average, over the hill guard. Further, keeping those players wins you, what, 2-3 more games each of the last two years? Meaning worse draft picks.

This comes across as unreasonable hatred of Pace and the Bears, even though it was clearly the right thing to do for a rebuilding team. Arguing about wether he has successfully addressed these issues is fine. continuing to bring up players who absolutely should not be On this team is not.

We shall see with Jefferey, who hasn't produced at all without an elite receiver opposite him. The NFL was clearly lukewarm on him. Would not surprise me at all if he never cracks 1000 yards again.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem is you've consistently harped on a handful of moves and all those moves were correct.

All of those moves were wrong and weakened the team.

You say they should have kept Marshall, but he had one more year in him and has once again worn out his welcome and is headed to his 5th team. For a rebuilding team trying to fix the culture, cutting Marshall was the correct move.

Rubbish. Marshall was their best receiver and is still better than every other receiver that is currently on the Bears. By FAR.

They let Forte go, Forte is clearly done. Love him, but the running back cliff is a real thing.

Forte should have been retained as the 3rd down back. A two year contract for him should have been the play. He is better than any other Bears back not named Howard.

You say they should have kept Bennett, but Bennett, like Marshall, is heading to his 2nd team since leaving the Bears. Bennett is a good player, but good players don't play on 5 teams without a reason. another headcase.

Funny. The Pats do not win a Super Bowl without Bennett and is better than any other current Bear's tight end.

And you still go on about Slauson, an average interior lineman who didn't fit the system. As a rookie, Whitehair played as well if not better then Slauson ever did.

Slauson should have been retained as the Bears center and Whiteside given the left guard position or even the left tackle position.

So at this point, you are saying we could have an over the hill HB, a malcontent, over the hill WR, a rapidly approaching over the hill malcontent Bennett and an average, over the hill guard. Further, keeping those players wins you, what, 2-3 more games each of the last two years? Meaning worse draft picks.

YOu mean those five count em five, big time draft picks they got this year? And last I heard, winning games is kind of important. I guess you do not care about the Bears winning more than 9 games in the last two years and will be lucky to win 3 more games this year. What a "FAN" people like you are:(

This comes across as unreasonable hatred of Pace and the Bears, even though it was clearly the right thing to do for a rebuilding team. Arguing about wether he has successfully addressed these issues is fine. continuing to bring up players who absolutely should not be On this team is not.

Well, go blow smoke up someone else's behind, pal. I will critique the Chicago Bear's team any way that I see fit to do. I have suffered with these guys for a long time and I am pissed off. So excuse me if I back off because you do not like my opinion.

We shall see with Jefferey, who hasn't produced at all without an elite receiver opposite him. The NFL was clearly lukewarm on him. Would not surprise me at all if he never cracks 1000 yards again.

Maybe. but then again, he is better than any other receiver that the Bear's have. Period.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Da Cawk: "I will critique the Chicago Bear's [sic] team any way that I see fit to do [sic]." By Madden ratings, he'll evaluate them by Madden ratings in a few months...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think Randle makes the team.

The WR short Eagles cut him because his effort was so bad.