Theo Watch: Peter Gammons is a Massive Jag

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
So not a single person on here, at one time or another, during a moment of absolute frustration & anger, wished any ill will on anyone? Riiiiiight. The comments may be inappropriate, but I personally don't care if Gammons is dead or alive, I just avoid ESPN like an AIDS popsicle.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So not a single person on here, at one time or another, during a moment of absolute frustration & anger, wished any ill will on anyone? Riiiiiight. I personally don't care if Gammons is dead or alive, I just avoid ESPN like an AIDS popsicle.

I wonder what flavor an AIDS popsicle is. :thinking:

Should I ask Magic Johnson? :troll:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I wonder what flavor an AIDS popsicle is. :thinking:

Should I ask Magic Johnson? :troll:

They probably come in a variety of flavors but I'm betting they all taste like ass. :smug2:

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
So not a single person on here, at one time or another, during a moment of absolute frustration & anger, wished any ill will on anyone? Riiiiiight. The comments may be inappropriate, but I personally don't care if Gammons is dead or alive, I just avoid ESPN like an AIDS popsicle.

This is true. And anyone who claims otherwise is a fraud. But we already know there's a lot of that here.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:

I never said that I don't wish I'll will on someone, but I've never wished anyone dead

lucik321

Liked Posts:
Calm, civilized Posts.
minhong1.jpg

minhong2.jpg

minhong3.jpg

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares if that's how he feels? If Peter has a problem with those comments, he can PM him. It's really not that big of a deal.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the World Series starting this evening, the Chicago Cubs will have to wait until at least Friday to officially introduce Theo Epstein as their new hire. Whether that is as President of the Cubs or as General Manager is up for debate, though I personally believe he will be President with someone else being the new General Manager. Regardless of where that story winds up, that is not where I am heading today.

Earlier today, Peter Gammons made an appearance on WEEI in Boston and made several statements which not only made him look like an amazing asshole, but also that he was baseball stupid. I get that he is employed to a certain extent by NESN (New England Sports Network) but there is no reason for him to come off like the ultimate homer who actually believes that the Boston Red Sox are the greatest thing in the world of sports and everything they do, and every player they have is far better than anything or anyone else connected with any other franchise in sports.

One of the first moronic statements Gammons made during his time with the Boston sports radio show was that the Cubs “have the CEO of business, and the assistant general manager, who wasn’t actually involved in the farm system” being the ones who are negotiating for the Cubs. How idiotic does he think Tom Ricketts is? Does he truly believe that he would send two people who know absolutely nothing about the farm system or the prospects they have to decide which players should stay and which can go?

Does he actually think that the Assistant General Manager does not know the farm system? Seriously Gammons, use some common sense before you speak. For that matter, the Cubs do not even have a CEO of business. He must have been talking about Crane Kenney (which is a scary thought) or another executive with baseball knowledge. I seriously doubt they would send someone with out knowledge into a room to make one of the most important deals in franchise history.

As if that was not enough, he goes on to speak on the Cubs farm system and Trey McNutt, two things he obviously has absolutely no clue about at all.. Gammons said that “the Cubs are a bottom-three farm system.” Does he even bother to do research before spouting off at the mouth? According to baseball America the Cubs have the 16th best farm system in baseball. Yeah, I know that is nothing to get excited about, but still they have a much better farm system than Gammons is giving them credit for. Pull your head out of your ass Gammons and do some research. Even if he meant a bottom third, he would still be ill-informed.

Then he went on to make what might be the dumbest statement of them all when he said “Trey McNutt would be Red Sox prospect [No.] 25.” Are you out of your damn mind Gammons? The 25th best prospect for the Red Sox? Seriously? If that is true, and there are 24 other prospects in the Red Sox farm system, why do they want him so bad? For that matter, if there are 24 prospects worth more than McNutt in their system why could they not find a single pitcher who could come up and help out a crumbling pitching staff in September. Maybe that is because you are completely misinformed on how good McNutt may actually be and that you are just grasping at straws?

With the interview Gammons gave today, he came off as the ultimate homer, outclassing Hawk Harrelson and Joe Buck as far as kissing their teams ass.

:rolleyes:
by writing this, you are no better than gammons. God forbid someone says something negative about the cubs, or stretches the truth a bit.

typical cub fan fodder.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
by writing this, you are no better than gammons. God forbid someone says something negative about the cubs, or stretches the truth a bit.

typical cub fan fodder.

Stop being a douche. Your no better than JoeCawks coming in here once a day.

The point is that Gammons has lost most of his comprehensive thought towards remembering half of the players overall.. He even said it on MLB Network when they didn't cut to break at the right time.

You have many other sources and ranking systems putting the Cubs around the middle off all teams. Gammons probably didn't even know who McNutt was till that person told him and told him "where he was ranked".

Anyways off to my on my feet 11 hours a day job.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:

typical cub fan fodder.

blah blah blah.

The difference is I used fact, whereas he used opinions. Sure I sprinkled my opinion in about him, but about what actually mattered (his inability to give fact about anything in the situation) I used fact.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
After sleeping on my comments.....

I will apologize for my comments on "gammons and everyone should die". That was to far.

My feelings on gammons slightly change. I usually dont root for "deaths".Maybe gammons should retire from the media as he is old as hell.

Just because he bashed the cubs has nothing to do with this. I have hated gammons for as long as I can remember and him bashing the cubs is nothing new.(he clearly sucks boston dicks)

Sorry if I pissed people off(which I did)