Thibs: Butler to start at SG

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If Jimmy makes strides this year like he did last then Miami should watch out. Jimmy was 10x better this past season than his rookie season.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Didn't Miami go on a 27 game winning streak? I think that constitutes a great regular season team.

Even you have to admit the Heat faced the most watered down eastern conference in recent memory. A lot of bad teams compounded by injuries to key players on the conference elite contributed to an easier schedule than normal for Miami last year.

I'm not taking anything away from them, they were and still are the best team in the league. They seem to be more concerned with building chemistry and keeping guys like Wade and Bosh fresh for the playoffs than they are with winning every game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even you have to admit the Heat faced the most watered down eastern conference in recent memory. A lot of bad teams compounded by injuries to key players on the conference elite contributed to an easier schedule than normal for Miami last year.
I'm not sure how that's relevant towards their regular season winning streak. Every other team played those same teams with the same injuries. Heck, we stopped that streak while having some pretty major injuries ourselves.

Now talking about the playoffs...could be a different story. But only one Western Conference team gets to play Miami and I think that regardless of which one it is, Miami is coming out on top.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I'm not taking anything away from them, they were and still are the best team in the league. They seem to be more concerned with building chemistry and keeping guys like Wade and Bosh fresh for the playoffs than they are with winning every game.

You know, I used to hear the same thing said about that 1996 team that went 72-10...all the horrible teams they played. You don't slip and fall into those types of achievements. To be a great regular season team, you have to stay focused. How much more focused can you be if you win 27 straight?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how that's relevant towards their regular season winning streak. Every other team played those same teams with the same injuries. Heck, we stopped that streak while having some pretty major injuries ourselves.

Now talking about the playoffs...could be a different story. But only one Western Conference team gets to play Miami and I think that regardless of which one it is, Miami is coming out on top.

It's relevant to my original point in response to houheffa, which was that Miami is more concerned with keeping Wade, Bosh and LJ fresh for the playoffs then they are with having the best regular season record. Wade skips a ton of games and they usually sit most of the starters late in the season. Plus most of your star players for rivals in the east that were hurt most of the season are back, so it stands to reason Miami won't be winning 60+ games this upcoming season. I really don't think they're any better than what you saw last year.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You know, I used to hear the same thing said about that 1996 team that went 72-10...all the horrible teams they played. You don't slip and fall into those types of achievements. To be a great regular season team, you have to stay focused. How much more focused can you be if you win 27 straight?

Still, I know you pay close attention to the NBA. You basically saw two elite teams in the east last year; Miami and Indiana. The rest of the conference might as well have been the D-League. The Bulls put up a helluva fight, but when Nate is your MVP you have a few issues. I'm glad somebody gave him a new contract, that man earned it NFL style.

Liked Posts:
If Jimmy can put up 14-15 a night along with elite defense, we really have a chance of unseating the heat in the ECF. More on heart and hustle than talent though

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
chicago-bulls-chris-bosh-memes-2013-10.jpg

DjimmyUnchained_edited-1_zps3edada1d.png

1367338010_jimmy_butler__deal_with_it.gif

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Jimmy has All-Star potential. I'd love to see his passing get better and for him to develop a move like a step back. I love everything else about his game though. He's going to be a good-to-great Bull and a fan favorite for sure. Mostly I'm just excited to see how he and Derrick play together

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Still, I know you pay close attention to the NBA. You basically saw two elite teams in the east last year; Miami and Indiana. The rest of the conference might as well have been the D-League. The Bulls put up a helluva fight, but when Nate is your MVP you have a few issues. I'm glad somebody gave him a new contract, that man earned it NFL style.

So all of a sudden, because Derrick Rose shows up, the Heat go from being a great regular season team to not so good??? I don't know about that. They should still be a great team, after all, their best player is much better than anybody else.

Liked Posts:
Should we get rid of Jimmy? I mean it looks like he´s a bad character and could bring trouble into the locker room!

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013...tted-in-vulgar-t-shirt-apologizes-on-twitter/

:troll: :troll: :troll:

Man, media these days ....

First we have a gangbanger MVP, a pothead who is a heat hater and now this????? We're the new JailBlazers

:troll::troll:

..but it's kinda bogus that the media is on his nuts for a shirt yet there are football players going on killing sprees and baseball players on steriods and trying to get out of it by saying their piss wasn't collected properly