Things I'd like to see coming out of the bye...

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
1. Charles Leno staying at left tackle. Bushrod's the high priced vet and the better player right now, but Leno has held his own against some great pass rushers. The Bears should see if he's a viable in house option at left tackle going forward.

2. Kyle Fuller to nickel back. I known it's not what you want from a 1st round pick, but at least for the time being he should move inside. Based on what I've seen from him so far nickel back might be his best position.

3. More Jeremy Langford(and maybe even Ka'Deem Carey). I love Forte, but there's no reason to grind him into the ground on a team that's going nowhere. I want to see more of the young backs. I think both are good runners, and Langford should definitely be given more touches going forward. If you're going to keep Carey on the roster you might as well use him.

4. Sherrick McManis off of defense. Absolute disaster. Had no problem giving him a a shot on defense but he is incapable of covering slot receivers. Let him go back to special teams.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Charles Leno staying at left tackle. Bushrod's the high priced vet and the better player right now, but Leno has held his own against some great pass rushers. The Bears should see if he's a viable in house option at left tackle going forward.
Leno has been bad. Held his own against nobody. Hali, especially,made him look like a useless bitch.
2. Kyle Fuller to nickel back. I known it's not what you want from a 1st round pick, but at least for the time being he should move inside. Based on what I've seen from him so far nickel back might be his best position.
You haven't seen him at nickle back.

3. More Jeremy Langford(and maybe even Ka'Deem Carey). I love Forte, but there's no reason to grind him into the ground on a team that's going nowhere. I want to see more of the young backs. I think both are good runners, and Langford should definitely be given more touches going forward. If you're going to keep Carey on the roster you might as well use him.
Forte's in the last season of his contract. No reason not to grind him into the ground. Carey hasn't seen a single snap.

4. Sherrick McManis off of defense. Absolute disaster. Had no problem giving him a a shot on defense but he is incapable of covering slot receivers. Let him go back to special teams.
The Bears are deep at CB. Hahaha. They got nothing.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Leno is no long term starter at LT. He is pretty bad over-all. Bushrod is much better. To think of Leno starting next year is ridiculous.

It is no time to move Fuller anywhere else. Why not teach the guy? Is that not what coaching is for? If he can't be taught, then cut your losses because if he can't be taught then he is worthless. It isn't physical with him, it is mental. So educate him.

As for McManis, who do you replace him with? I don't see much behind him or even ahead of him.

Forte is heading for one of the best years of any running back in football. He should be re-signed not benched. The back-up backs are not nearly as good. Langfor is strictly a straight ahead runner and can't break tackles worth a lick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is weird to say, but I agree with Bot, I want McClellin back. Our least professional outing on defense happened to coincide with his absence.

Leno is not bad.

I would like them to start looking at Fuller inside. Bring Ball in and slide Fuller over when they go to 3 CBs.

I would like to see less Lamarr Houston and maybe let Acho rush a big and see what he can do.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
would luv to see more pressure, or sacks. pressure upfront helps the guys on the back end. be nice to see a 1-2 punch of forte and langford, or just a heavy dose ofem. pressure upfront tho would be great. McPhee is a beast. hope we can find another like him for the other side of the line.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Would love to see more playing time for Jonathan Anderson, even when McClellin returns.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm not really sure I agree that Fuller's problem is mental. Or if it is, I'm not sure "teaching" him will fix it. I'm sure his first ever coach taught him the importance of turning his head around. He's just not very good with his back to the ball. You can't really teach those types of things and if he hasn't figured it out in his second year, it's not a very good sign. I understand sticking with him because after all, we're not going far this year and he was a 1st round pick...but besides not turning his head around, he's not very fluid in coverage and I still think his best attributes like tackling, seeing the play and then reacting to it, and blitzing could be best served somewhere else. Although, I've been told that view makes me a joke and a meatball...and there's a lot of smart posters on here so take it with a grain of salt.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I'm not really sure I agree that Fuller's problem is mental. Or if it is, I'm not sure "teaching" him will fix it. I'm sure his first ever coach taught him the importance of turning his head around. He's just not very good with his back to the ball. You can't really teach those types of things and if he hasn't figured it out in his second year, it's not a very good sign. I understand sticking with him because after all, we're not going far this year and he was a 1st round pick...but besides not turning his head around, he's not very fluid in coverage and I still think his best attributes like tackling, seeing the play and then reacting to it, and blitzing could be best served somewhere else. Although, I've been told that view makes me a joke and a meatball...and there's a lot of smart posters on here so take it with a grain of salt.

What the coaches need to tell Fuller is that NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, has a corner made a good play when he didn't turn his head around. They then need to tell him that if he turns his head around and even if he doesn't locate the ball and the receiver catches it and runs by him for a TD, he is going to get a cookie for trying. Encourage him that his positioning is good. Corners don't turn around because they don't have the confidence that they are in the right position to defend the pass. So if you encourage him that turning around is better even if you are not 100% in the correct position, it still results in a better outcome, you can reinforce those bad mental habits. So then the next time he is in the game and he sees the receivers eyes light up like a Polish house on Christmas, he will think to himself, I can do this, I can turn my head around and look for the football! There you go.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What the coaches need to tell Fuller is that NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, has a corner made a good play when he didn't turn his head around. They then need to tell him that if he turns his head around and even if he doesn't locate the ball and the receiver catches it and runs by him for a TD, he is going to get a cookie for trying. Encourage him that his positioning is good. Corners don't turn around because they don't have the confidence that they are in the right position to defend the pass. So if you encourage him that turning around is better even if you are not 100% in the correct position, it still results in a better outcome, you can reinforce those bad mental habits. So then the next time he is in the game and he sees the receivers eyes light up like a Polish house on Christmas, he will think to himself, I can do this, I can turn my head around and look for the football! There you go.

Considering he was benched already, I'm sure the coach's had a long talk with him about a lot of things and I guarantee, turning his head around was one of them. Unfortunately, he's still not doing it. If he hasn't figured out one of the most basic principles of the position in practice or in the game, I'm not sure what gives people hope that he'll magically "figure it out." Beyond that, he's not very fluid in coverage and teammates have said he could use more time in the film room. Does anyone feel confident with him 1-1? I hold my breath every time there's a pass his way. At this point, Porter came in and simply outplayed him and I think at this point, Ball is better than him too. I've seen no improvement since like game 3 last season....I'm not seeing the reasons to be optimistic but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Considering he was benched already, I'm sure the coach's had a long talk with him about a lot of things and I guarantee, turning his head around was one of them. Unfortunately, he's still not doing it. If he hasn't figured out one of the most basic principles of the position in practice or in the game, I'm not sure what gives people hope that he'll magically "figure it out." Beyond that, he's not very fluid in coverage and teammates have said he could use more time in the film room. Does anyone feel confident with him 1-1? I hold my breath every time there's a pass his way. At this point, Porter came in and simply outplayed him and I think at this point, Ball is better than him too. I've seen no improvement since like game 3 last season....I'm not seeing the reasons to be optimistic but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

At this point, I would rather see him turn around and not locate the ball and give up a TD than for him to have another one of those horrible attempts to wildly throw his hands up like he is on a roller coaster.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Leno has been bad. Held his own against nobody. Hali, especially,made him look like a useless bitch.
You haven't seen him at nickle back.

Forte's in the last season of his contract. No reason not to grind him into the ground. Carey hasn't seen a single snap.

The Bears are deep at CB. Hahaha. They got nothing.

You must be a republican. I can tell the way you argue with things I didn't say or intend.

Hali had two tackles and no sacks. But that's not the point. Leno has flashed especially in pass protection. No ones saying he's there now, or that he definitely will be a starting caliber left tackle, but he shown some good things and I'd rather see if he can develop then keep throwing out an aging, breaking down Bushrod. The only way to know is to play him.

Fuller played inside in college, for the record. But again, not the point. I said I want to see Fuller at nickel, not that I had. Fuller's struggles down then field and in man coverage are clear. He's solid when the play's in front of him. I'd like to see him blitzing from the slot as well. Again, I don't know if he's a better fit at nickel, which is why I'd like to see it. I believe the skill set he's shown so far in the pros would be best suited to nickel back right now, and possibly going forward.

As far as Forte...since, as you point out, he's on the last year of his contract, it would behoove the bears to see what they have in Langford and Carey. They obviously like Carey because they've kept him on the roster despite all the injuries and him contributing absolutely nothing. I know the Bears like both their backs, but i'd like to see what they can do in actual games.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
At this point, I would rather see him turn around and not locate the ball and give up a TD than for him to have another one of those horrible attempts to wildly throw his hands up like he is on a roller coaster.

I agree....the bar is set pretty low for him. He needs to at least match it.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
My List:
1) A surprise return of the Honey Bears.
2) Foxy to skip the game in favor of a trip to the winery.
3) Fuller to actually turn his head and look for the ball.
4) Cutler to complete the game without a pick.
5) McPhee or Jones to lay the hammer bad on that piece of human excrement AP. A nice career ending blow would not make me feel sad.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
What I want to see out of the bye week:

1) Langford's role start to increased.

2) Eddie Goldman start to establish himself a consistent play-maker.

3) Grasu go to Wendy's and bulk up past 175 pounds.

4) Fox learn how to manage the friggin' clock.

5) More progression from Marquis Wilson.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
1. More Langford
2. More consistency from the OL. Both in pass pro and run blocking
3. Get Shea Mac back out there
4. Progress from Christian Jones
5. Fuller to make a positive impact
6. Jay and the offense to convert TDs in the red zone
7. Wilson and Jeffery to finish the year off on a tear
8. Porter to establish himself as a legit option next year
9. Progress from Grasu
10. Multiple games in a row without a TO from Jay

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, redzone production. Thats a good one. Would like to see focus on that. Cause tell you what, if they can start converting those, this O is really pretty decent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some respect for McClellin.

Christian Jones continuing to improve and make some splash plays would be nice.

oober

Liked Posts:
losses losses and more losses. mediocrity is death in the NFL, haven't we already been that like forever?