Things you are "worried" about in the upcoming season

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2018 Bears took a huge leap going from a basement team to 3rd in the NFC all together. Unfortunately we were knocked out first round but the expectations this year are understandably higher. While i expect our team to be good next year i have some doubts about a few things.

1) The OL- In all honesty I think our OL is subpar. The running game was flat out bad to mediocre and i think Trubisky made our pass blocking look better than it actually is. When didn't upgrade at any position or bring in anyone so I'm concerned

2) Pagano calling defense- Ill admit this is the least of my worries but still bugs me from time to time. This defense was Fangio's baby that he honestly built up but Elway kidnapped him. I'm aware Pagano has coached damn good defenses but I worry he might try to "fix what ain't broken"

3) Kickers- I don't really need to explain this

4) Injures- Last year seemed like the only year in a while where we didnt lose a multiple major players to IR on both sides of the ball right after week three. The health of the team was pretty stagnant. Hopefully it continues

5) Mitch's development- If Mitch doesn't continue to develop I believe Pace might have to consider looking at a replacement soon. This will be his 3rd year and this is usually when you can really tell how a QB will be down the line

So these are mine, whatcha got?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The schedule and whether Mitch will be good enough. I'm really not worried about the defense. If anything I'm excited about the possibility that Pagano's more aggressive approach will make them better, because chaos is the best thing for a group of playmakers.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2018 Bears took a huge leap going from a basement team to 3rd in the NFC all together. Unfortunately we were knocked out first round but the expectations this year are understandably higher. While i expect our team to be good next year i have some doubts about a few things.

1) The OL- In all honesty I think our OL is subpar. The running game was flat out bad to mediocre and i think Trubisky made our pass blocking look better than it actually is. When didn't upgrade at any position or bring in anyone so I'm concerned

2) Pagano calling defense- Ill admit this is the least of my worries but still bugs me from time to time. This defense was Fangio's baby that he honestly built up but Elway kidnapped him. I'm aware Pagano has coached damn good defenses but I worry he might try to "fix what ain't broken"

3) Kickers- I don't really need to explain this

4) Injures- Last year seemed like the only year in a while where we didnt lose a multiple major players to IR on both sides of the ball right after week three. The health of the team was pretty stagnant. Hopefully it continues

5) Mitch's development- If Mitch doesn't continue to develop I believe Pace might have to consider looking at a replacement soon. This will be his 3rd year and this is usually when you can really tell how a QB will be down the line

So these are mine, whatcha got?

Great post. Numbers 1 thru 4 are exactly my top 4 concerns. I would number them. 1, 4, 2 then 3. I am not concerned about 5, except if there are injuries 4, to the offensive line 1, which me and both know is sub par, and Windy has the other top 100 posters thinking is fantastic.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I agree with the OP about the offensive line. This has to be the main area of focus heading into the 2020 offseason.
I fully expect Trubisky to continue his improvement and I think Nagy will help him to progress into a better QB than I thought he'd be when he was drafted.

Beside the O Line concern I'm just anxious to watch this team each week in Nagy's second season.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great post. Numbers 1 thru 4 are exactly my top 4 concerns. I would number them. 1, 4, 2 then 3. I am not concerned about 5, except if there are injuries 4, to the offensive line 1, which me and both know is sub par, and Windy has the other top 100 posters thinking is fantastic.

I don't think it's fantastic, i think it's solid in pass blocking and needs improvement in the interior on run blocking.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said earlier today in a post exactly what you said about the offensive line. It really amazes me that others don't see that. I thought that our biggest weakness last year was offensive line and all around special teams.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's fantastic, i think it's solid in pass blocking and needs improvement in the interior on run blocking.

But it's not solid in pass blocking. Do you think Trubisky had top 5 runs in the league last year because of planned runs? He turned a lemon into lemonade on numerous occasions.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But it's not solid in pass blocking. Do you think Trubisky had top 5 runs in the league last year because of planned runs? He turned a lemon into lemonade on numerous occasions.

I think he had so many runs largely because he's lost when his first read isn't open. Thankfully he's a very good athlete which partially mitigates his struggles in the pocket.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The schedule and whether Mitch will be good enough. I'm really not worried about the defense. If anything I'm excited about the possibility that Pagano's more aggressive approach will make them better, because chaos is the best thing for a group of playmakers.

I do agree about the schedule. Bears simply play every highly ranked team except the Patriots, and that will be the Super Bowl.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All of those things.

I think we'll see more blitzing from this defense, though. Which I think will be a good thing. I feel like we'll see more growth for the offense and Trubisky. I just hope it's a big leap, because I'm ready to see us treat every team like we treated the Bucs last year. And if Pineiro doesn't work out at K, I think we'll be faster to pull the plug on him. We stuck by our kicker last year, and look where it got us.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do agree about the schedule. Bears simply play every highly ranked team except the Patriots, and that will be the Super Bowl.
I don't pay attention to schedule. NFL is too unpredictable. How many fans of other teams do you think were excited to see the bears on their schedule when it first came out?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it will make them better in rankings but it sure will be fun to watch.