Things you are "worried" about in the upcoming season

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Things you are "worried" about in the upcoming season

I've always said this: NOT scoring enuff points. The goal should be 3-4 Td's/game. Our "D" will do the rest, IMO.

Ex. the "D" did their job, keeping the score low at 16pts. ( vs the Eagles Wild Card). Had we scored more points, it wouldn't have come down to the kicker.

Having to attempt to read whatever the fuck that [^] is in every thread. Can anyone explain to me why grown ass men feel the need to type as though they were some sort of Kardashian spawn? "Iv HUD enoof uf dem noot scooring!!!"

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Having to attempt to read whatever the fuck that [^] is in every thread. Can anyone explain to me why grown ass men feel the need to type as though they were some sort of Kardashian spawn? "Iv HUD enoof uf dem noot scooring!!!"
Are you subtweeting @HeHateMe?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
1) Kicker - I don't even know who the favorite is right now...and that probably isn't a good thing.

2) Schedule - tough division rivals, Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Eagles, Saints, Cowboys, - going to be tough road for a WC spot if we fail to win the division.

3) Cornerback - I always thought Fangio's defenses favored the CBs, protecting them from being exposed. I can't pretend I know alot about scheme, but Fuller had better years under Fangio, and so did whatever udfa cornerbacks filled in, particularly at the nickel spot.

4) Trubisky - I'm more intrigued than worried about Trubisky's development. I think he is able to use last season as a stepping stone to build his confidence in Nagy's system. He has a playoff game, pro-bowl appearance, and division championship under his belt. I believe the jitters and nervousness won't be as evident as it was last year. The biggest concern though, is the tough schedule I alluded to earlier.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I get the feeling the Bears know the kicking game is going to get worse before it gets better. Highly doubt anyone currently on the roster is better than Parkey, but the Parkey move had to be made.

Baseless speculation: They'll have some bumps this year with whatever subpar guy they go with and try again next offseason.

vintage-bear

Liked Posts:
my second biggest concern is

Leonard Floyd- He played great in the playoff game, also second half of season. But did you see a different motivation from him during the playoff game? I think I did. That is concerning: his motivation. Yes, I know, feel free to make excuses for him about his hand injury...well maybe he shouldn't have been out there then. Yet he was out there, so the training staff felt he was able to go. Watching him play with the club he just ran into the OL and that was it, nothing else. Time and again.
So was it motivation, some mental thing with him?

I tell you what though, if he plays like he did in the playoff game and can even elevate somewhat, all other concerns will diminish because now we will be more excited to watch the defense come onto the field then the offense...like the old days. He could puts this defense in the All time great category.

Floyd's motivation: It is his contract year (which I don't like using that but there seems some truth to it) and he is playing with some very good players on all three levels so if a person can't get motivated internally then these external factors hopefully help. Maybe I am talking myself out of this being my second biggest concern. I should say second biggest key factor in our Super Bowl push (second to Trubisky).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've been pleasantly surprised at the lack of response to the Bears not getting picked for Hard Knocks. I know it's unfortunate that we won't be able to see the sneaker collection Stephen Denmark to camp, but we'll just have to make due with ESPN, NFL Network, NBCChicago, the Bears website, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, podcasts, blogs, CCS, and various other websites that provide up to the minute coverage on the Chicago Bears.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I've been pleasantly surprised at the lack of response to the Bears not getting picked for Hard Knocks. I know it's unfortunate that we won't be able to see the sneaker collection Stephen Denmark to camp, but we'll just have to make due with ESPN, NFL Network, NBCChicago, the Bears website, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, podcasts, blogs, CCS, and various other websites that provide up to the minute coverage on the Chicago Bears.

I heard Netflix is offering a "Bachelorette" format show for the Bears kicker position...Ryan Pace hands out roses, each kicker gets a date with Nagy, etc.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I heard Netflix is offering a "Bachelorette" format show for the Bears kicker position...Ryan Pace hands out roses, each kicker gets a date with Nagy, etc.
(Sponsored by Goose Island)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2018 Bears took a huge leap going from a basement team to 3rd in the NFC all together. Unfortunately we were knocked out first round but the expectations this year are understandably higher. While i expect our team to be good next year i have some doubts about a few things.

1) The OL- In all honesty I think our OL is subpar. The running game was flat out bad to mediocre and i think Trubisky made our pass blocking look better than it actually is. When didn't upgrade at any position or bring in anyone so I'm concerned

2) Pagano calling defense- Ill admit this is the least of my worries but still bugs me from time to time. This defense was Fangio's baby that he honestly built up but Elway kidnapped him. I'm aware Pagano has coached damn good defenses but I worry he might try to "fix what ain't broken"

3) Kickers- I don't really need to explain this

4) Injures- Last year seemed like the only year in a while where we didnt lose a multiple major players to IR on both sides of the ball right after week three. The health of the team was pretty stagnant. Hopefully it continues

5) Mitch's development- If Mitch doesn't continue to develop I believe Pace might have to consider looking at a replacement soon. This will be his 3rd year and this is usually when you can really tell how a QB will be down the line

So these are mine, whatcha got?

I think its a great list that really just deserves running back and TE added to it.

Neither has a proven high workload starter. Cohens health becomes factor with increased load. TE has a marginal starter with nothing behind him.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think its a great list that really just deserves running back and TE added to it.

Neither has a proven high workload starter. Cohens health becomes factor with increased load. TE has a marginal starter with nothing behind him.
Agreed on TE. That honestly is the weakest position on offense

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Would you watch it the Bears got picked (voluntold) to be on Hard Knocks?