This Better Not Be True That They Are Shopping Seabs

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The only thing that alarms me...about him not being signed yet...is the idea that Leddy looks like he will be a top 4...and not sure about Lalonde or Olsen in the future...someone will have to be the odd man out. It would be interesting to see if Seabrook gets like a 3yr deal - and not the "long term" one.

Personally...I'd hope they'd sign Brent...and look to try to move Hjarlmarsson....or Campbell (based on contract only - not his play, I'm a huge fan of his)....but those are offseason moves.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sooo.... can we move this back to the Rumor's thread. Or are we good with letting this spiral out of control on it's own...
<

R K

The only thing that alarms me...about him not being signed yet...is the idea that Leddy looks like he will be a top 4...and not sure about Lalonde or Olsen in the future...someone will have to be the odd man out. It would be interesting to see if Seabrook gets like a 3yr deal - and not the "long term" one.

Personally...I'd hope they'd sign Brent...and look to try to move Hjarlmarsson....or Campbell (based on contract only - not his play, I'm a huge fan of his)....but those are offseason moves.

I have to agree not being a huge fan since Campbell and his contract have been the most consistent D man by FAR this year. His +19 speaks for itself.

He and Sharp were probably the only two Allstars for the first half.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I have to agree not being a huge fan since Campbell and his contract have been the most consistent D man by FAR this year. His +19 speaks for itself.

He and Sharp were probably the only two Allstars for the first half.

BOOOOOOOOO to quoting a +19 while historically calling it a false indicator!

That's for wanting to punch me in the face.

R K

BOOOOOOOOO to quoting a +19 while historically calling it a false indicator!

That's for wanting to punch me in the face.

Incorrect my fine little CHICKEN DINNER.

IMO +/- means very little when under 10. When over or under 10 it starts to take meaning. When -20 you have problems. When +20 you are doing things right.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Incorrect my fine little CHICKEN DINNER.

IMO +/- means very little when under 10. When over or under 10 it starts to take meaning. When -20 you have problems. When +20 you are doing things right.
Suuuuuuurrrreeeee.... just because I'm too lazy to back it up, i'm going to let this one slide.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
2nd week of January? Was that a typo?

Yeah...my calendar had the last week of December showing and I counted that. oops. I have noticed Seabs playing better in the last 7-10 days is what I should have said. Grin.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
During that stretch he and Keith were both not themselves. I think Keith is still leading the league in GA's. I'm not trying to knock Keith. He and Seabrook are a pair for a reason. Keith can thank Seabrook for some of his Norris without a doubt.

Seabrook has 130 some hits this year. Combine all the other D men together and they still dont hit that number.

We lose many games because of low physicality. Remove Seabrook from that and we are fucked. He's been far more consistent than Duncan this year and Duncan is the one with the long deal. So I guess it's scary to give Duncan that deal wondering when he'll snap out of it.

Agreed on all accounts. I was just saying that Seabs might not be the huge cap hit everyone fears if he does not get back on track with puck decisions consistently...I WANT HIM to give us that problem where he deserves a long-term deal though! I welcome that problem...grin.

I've seen several times when Keith got left looking silly when he clearly expected Seabs to pass him the puck over in the corner and Seabs turns it over leaving Keith no chance to get back in position.

I have also seen BOTH of them let someone split them too. That goal recently where Skille passed it back (against LA?) and got it picked...I was listening on radio and John and Troy repeatedly crucified Skille for his mistake but said nothing about Keith and Seabs ignoring a cherry-picker. When I saw the video of the goal later it did not jive 100% with the description I had heard. Anyways, I digress. SOrry.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah...my calendar had the last week of December showing and I counted that. oops. I have noticed Seabs playing better in the last 7-10 days is what I should have said. Grin.

ahh solid, I just confuse easily and was trying to do the math and ran out of fingers.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
During that stretch he and Keith were both not themselves. I think Keith is still leading the league in GA's. I'm not trying to knock Keith. He and Seabrook are a pair for a reason. Keith can thank Seabrook for some of his Norris without a doubt.

Seabrook has 130 some hits this year. Combine all the other D men together and they still dont hit that number.

We lose many games because of low physicality. Remove Seabrook from that and we are fucked. He's been far more consistent than Duncan this year and Duncan is the one with the long deal. So I guess it's scary to give Duncan that deal wondering when he'll snap out of it.

All this and more.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The trade deadline can't get here soon enough.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Seabs = 136 hits

Rest of D = 187

Boynton 2nd at 47.

Seabs #1 in the league in hits for D man.

Boynton.... tied for 99th

R K

Suuuuuuurrrreeeee.... just because I'm too lazy to back it up, i'm going to let this one slide.

No you are right. Unless someone is seriously plus or minus I think the stat is useless. 10 is the number I go for. The only problem is if the team is bad. Then its useless there to because usually the entire team is minus.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take Seabs over Keith any day, and I'm a HUGE KEITH FAN