This Better Not Be True That They Are Shopping Seabs

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's all but a done deal Seabs for Spezza and Letang.
<

Maiden

Liked Posts:
I'd take Seabs over Keith any day, and I'm a HUGE KEITH FAN

I am a huge Keith fan too but he was a media creation last year with Eddie O he makes me puke leading the way.

For informational purposes only who is the only D man on the #1 PP unit? I rest my case.

The Keith contract will haunt this club for years and years............

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I am a huge Keith fan too but he was a media creation last year with Eddie O he makes me puke leading the way.

For informational purposes only who is the only D man on the #1 PP unit? I rest my case.

You bring up a very good point, but I don't think his contract will haunt the Hawks. I think if one of the top pair were to get traded then, why not Keith? Maybe not this year, but as the young kids develop similar skill sets to him maybe the hit wouldn't be so hard? And I would think the 5.5 cap hit would be easier to work with than campbells?

I wonder what Campbell would look like on the top line with Seabs?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
You bring up a very good point, but I don't think his contract will haunt the Hawks. I think if one of the top pair were to get traded then, why not Keith? Maybe not this year, but as the young kids develop similar skill sets to him maybe the hit wouldn't be so hard? And I would think the 5.5 cap hit would be easier to work with than campbells?

I wonder what Campbell would look like on the top line with Seabs?

Only problem is, I'm pretty sure all these contracts have NMCs... Oh, and LOL @ the Keith contract haunting this club for years and years...

Chaps

Liked Posts:

lol

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess we should bring back BARKER........

Shredder

Liked Posts:
Keith's probably the worst defenseman in the league at this point. It's between him and Mike Commodore.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
One subpar half a season and this is the reaction?

Apparently so. I'm surprised there hasn't been a great hue and cry that Hossa is prone to injury and that his contract will haunt the Hawks for years to come. It's getting to be pretty ridiculous, actually.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently so. I'm surprised there hasn't been a great hue and cry that Hossa is prone to injury and that his contract will haunt the Hawks for years to come. It's getting to be pretty ridiculous, actually.

You mustn't have visited the o-boards recently.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
You mustn't have visited the o-boards recently.

LOL. Nope, not since sometime last season. I'd be shocked if they weren't criticizing Hossa (and every other player on the team, for that matter).

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
One subpar half a season and this is the reaction?

It's from Maiden.

What did you expect?

The Keith contract is going to haunt the Hawks?

Please explain that one.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's from Maiden.

What did you expect?

The Keith contract is going to haunt the Hawks?

Please explain that one.

Sub par defenseman .......making way too much $$

Can't find the purple

supraman

Liked Posts:
The mention of trading Keith is an interesting idea. We seem to have more Keith type defensemen in the pipes over the Seabs type Dmen just basing it off that fact it is more logical to move Keith.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
2 time all star.

Norris winner.

I like this "haunting" you speak of. I hope the contract and player haunts the Hawks for 13 years.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The mention of trading Keith is an interesting idea. We seem to have more Keith type defensemen in the pipes over the Seabs type Dmen just basing it off that fact it is more logical to move Keith.

You don't trade a guy like Keith, with his cap hit... Even in an off season like this one, he's a top pairing defenseman. Plus, he has a NMC, like most of the Hawks signed recently. The chances that the "Keith type defensemen" that we have in the pipes turn out to be half as good as Keith are pretty slim as it is. If you're looking to move any of our top our defensemen, it has to be Campbell. Even though he's playing great, his cap hit is still our biggest salary cap concern moving forward.

supraman

Liked Posts:
You don't trade a guy like Keith, with his cap hit... Even in an off season like this one, he's a top pairing defenseman. Plus, he has a NMC, like most of the Hawks signed recently. The chances that the "Keith type defensemen" that we have in the pipes turn out to be half as good as Keith are pretty slim as it is. If you're looking to move any of our top our defensemen, it has to be Campbell. Even though he's playing great, his cap hit is still our biggest salary cap concern moving forward.

Who's going to take Soupy's contract? I don't see anyone going after it especially since he I think has a nmc too and if those guys are going anywhere they want to go to a competitive team. Keith's contract is a much easier sell by a long shot. I am not suggesting trade him, for me it is an academic discussion. But if I had to move Seabs or Keith, I think I movie Keith because of what we have in the pipe. Campbell has solidified his defensive game in the past two years and is arguably our best Dman this year so he could step into first pairing, Leddy could get a shot at the 2nd pair and you bring up a fresh face from Rockford for 3rd pair so he can learn the NHL game.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, you don't move either...

Soupy has ben our best D-man, and yes, I tend to ride Keith this year because his play has been generally sub-par, but I don't want to see either gone.

Seabs needs to stay as well.

R K

There is roughly 7 mil in cap space coming back in just a few months. There is plenty of money to give Seabrook and Brouwer a raise and have some left over for future use or trades, UFA ect ect...

The new rumor this morning..

Seabrook and Brouwer for Montidor and Stafford from the Sabres. Comical to say the least.

If Stan trades Seabrook because he sees no way out he's an idiot and this team gets even SOFTER immediately.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is roughly 7 mil in cap space coming back in just a few months. There is plenty of money to give Seabrook and Brouwer a raise and have some left over for future use or trades, UFA ect ect...

The new rumor this morning..

Seabrook and Brouwer for Montidor and Stafford from the Sabres. Comical to say the least.

If Stan trades Seabrook because he sees no way out he's an idiot and this team gets even SOFTER immediately.

I HATE Drew Stafford.