This is going to be the most entertaining Bears offense in history.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
It might not be the most productive from a statistical standpoint (although it does have the potential to be) but I am extremely looking forward to just watching this offense for these reasons;

1. The biggest change is obviously the coaching and scheme. The Bears are transitioning from an old school/vanilla type offense to some hybrid west coast/spread type offense under Nagy and Helfrich. That alone excites me.

2. Mitch has one year and another off-season under his belt and should by all accounts be better this year than he was last. A highly promising/high upside QB in his 2nd year of play. We saw Goff and Wentz make strides, I am foreseeing Trubisky to make some as well.

3. Speed. Gabriel and Cohen are going to be super fun to watch. This is the first time since Johnny Knox was in town that the Bears have had some true speed on the field and also a coach who knows how to use it.

4. The versatility. The Bears have some many different types of players who can do so many different things out there. Trey Burton can line up as a traditional TE, he can move out wide, he can move into the backfield and he can bloody throw the football if you want him too. Shaheen and Robinson provide you with the big body, mismatch, go up and get it type receivers. I already touched on the speedsters in Gabriel and Cohen (who can lineup in the slot). Howard is your bellcow with your change of pace back in Cohen. Anthony Miller can go from the slot to outside and can take reverses and turn them into big gains. The Bears might not have the biggest names or talent, but they have a wealth of versatile weapons.

5. Anthony Miller. The guy is just fun to watch. Plays with passion and fire. Has got a little Steve smith in him.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Its definitely something different than anything in my lifetime.

The Cohen Howard combo is a bitch to deal with as far as defenses go. It's amazing just how far we went to upgrade the WRs and improve the offense. The RBs will see increased production this year due to the capability of the passing game.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The versatility will be the most fun.

Nagy has stated that Burton will play the Kelce role. Gabriel will play the Tyreke Hill role. Miller projects as the slot (Albert Wilson role). Obviously, the first 2 guys aren't nearly as good as Kelce/Hill, but I think Miller can be better than Wilson in the slot. And the Bears still have Shaheen who's better than the KC #2 TE. Cohen/Howard who should be able to combine to fill the Hunt role pretty easily. Oh and I have yet to mention Allen Robinson, who has the potential to get back to being one of the top 10-15 WRs in the league.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The versatility will be the most fun.

Nagy has stated that Burton will play the Kelce role. Gabriel will play the Tyreke Hill role. Miller projects as the slot (Albert Wilson role). Obviously, the first 2 guys aren't nearly as good as Kelce/Hill, but I think Miller can be better than Wilson in the slot. And the Bears still have Shaheen who's better than the KC #2 TE. Cohen/Howard who should be able to combine to fill the Hunt role pretty easily. Oh and I have yet to mention Allen Robinson, who has the potential to get back to being one of the top 10-15 WRs in the league.

I don't think any one skill position player will have a great statistical year because the ball will get shared around so much. Trubisky's numbers will benefit the most. I expect some meathead to bring up how Robinson is overpaid after only getting 65-75 catches and 900-1000 yards.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Do you think that the Bears can outscore a team 73 to 0?

That was the best output ever for a Bears team.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know ... Watching Jonathan Quinn was awfully fun(ny) . . .

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think any one skill position player will have a great statistical year because the ball will get shared around so much. Trubisky's numbers will benefit the most. I expect some meathead to bring up how Robinson is overpaid after only getting 65-75 catches and 900-1000 yards.

More likely to happen with MT as his turnover ratio goes up learning Nagy's offense and flinging it around more.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just not sure how peeps could be so high on the #1 wr who's, essentially, a flash in the pan coming off a torn ACL.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
our first set of downs will be run run pass punt

That would be the most troll ass shit if Nagy did that. Would probably be laughing his ass off on the sidelines while calling it.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
For me, it will be hard to top the Bears 2013 season in terms of offensive excitement. Forte had career highs 1300+ rushing yards and TDs, and Alshon and Marshall each with well over 1000 yards receiving. Sure the season was a disaster, but the offensive output was fun.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
our first set of downs will be run run pass punt

Nah... it'll be RUN run run pass punt. The first run will be for 11 yards and a first down. lol