This is going to be the most entertaining Bears offense in history.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I know he sucked as a Head Coach but the 2013 Offense under Trestman was the best Bears Offense since 1985.

1995. Kramer. Conway. Graham. Bears had two 1,000 yard receivers and a 1,000 yard rusher. They were a top ten offense in points and yards. That offense was a lot of fun to watch. Defense was fucking terrible though.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
1995. Kramer. Conway. Graham. Bears had two 1,000 yard receivers and a 1,000 yard rusher. They were a top ten offense in points and yards. That offense was a lot of fun to watch. Defense was fucking terrible though.

I will stand by my previous post that the 2013 offense was much better. 2013 Bears offense finished SECOND in the entire league in points scored. We even scored more points than the Patriots that year. Alshon and Marshall each had over 1200 yards, Forte had career high rushing totals.

Liked Posts:
I will stand by my previous post that the 2013 offense was much better. 2013 Bears offense finished SECOND in the entire league in points scored. We even scored more points than the Patriots that year. Alshon and Marshall each had over 1200 yards, Forte had career high rushing totals.

Helps when your defense allows 2 minute TD drives on every possession. Gets the O right back on the field to produce.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Helps when your defense allows 2 minute TD drives on every possession. Gets the O right back on the field to produce.

Either way, this post is about the most exciting offense, regardless of how good or bad the defense was that year.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
For me, it will be hard to top the Bears 2013 season in terms of offensive excitement. Forte had career highs 1300+ rushing yards and TDs, and Alshon and Marshall each with well over 1000 yards receiving. Sure the season was a disaster, but the offensive output was fun.

The numbers were good but the offense overall was very boring. It was more fun when McCown was in who obviously ran it better than Cutler but overall the weapons the Bears had shined more than the offense itself.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d like to take up the challenge for 2006.

Anyone with a literal clue as to how excitement is induced in the human body understands when a sweaty sex cannon drops back 3 sexy steps, then two more, then takes a moment to let a drop of liquid male sex hormones fall from the bridge of a nose in state of flared nostrils, focused, primed for the unleashing of a sex cannon...indeed...this might be the third 60 yard bomb consequitively released...from the hips, the chiseled shoulder, full body thrust and its gone, off the screen, the cameraman is lost, no idea where into the heavens the ball has gone.

The clouds part and the ball descends reflecting a beam of light as it falls back to the silly games of mere mortals.

Where will it fall? It doesn’t matter, everyone in the stands has prematurely ejaculated at the thought, in the suspense, the ref is now just white, his black stripes covered in gallons of crowd goo.

Like I understand if you weren’t there, how you might feel about 2018 but for those of us that were the term “excitement” is forever muted and unattainable. I’m sure this year will be fun, but sex canon will always be missed.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he sucked as a Head Coach but the 2013 Offense under Trestman was the best Bears Offense since 1985.

I think they were 2nd in the entire league in scoring with 4 offensive pro bowlers. Trestman was one of the first head coaches to utilize RPO’s as well. Cutler couldn’t grasp the concept, but when McCown was in there Trestman’s RPO’s and packaged plays worked to perfection. Dude was ahead of the curve.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think they were 2nd in the entire league in scoring with 4 offensive pro bowlers. Trestman was one of the first head coaches to utilize RPO’s as well. He made McCown look like a pro bowler utilizing packaged plays. Dude was ahead of the curve.

But when Gates became OC with Foxy, Forte said they actually had a plan on offense and they were calling plays expecting them to work as opposed to calling plays hoping they would work like before lol...Trestman couldn’t adjust. Everyone knew what was coming and when the defense stopped it he couldn’t do anything. Also was the worst leader I’ve ever seen in NFL history.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But when Gates became OC with Foxy, Forte said they actually had a plan on offense and they were calling plays expecting them to work as opposed to calling plays hoping they would work like before lol...Trestman couldn’t adjust. Everyone knew what was coming and when the defense stopped it he couldn’t do anything. Also was the worst leader I’ve ever seen in NFL history.

It was on the qb to make the right read on the RPO’s, and Cutler couldn’t do it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Cutler is a coach killer who would blame his failures on calls and coaching even by hinting his frustration in calls or offense to other players,

QB throws playbook under bus. Other teammates lose morale.

That’s why leadership is important at the position. Cutler is supposed to lead not put that on a nerd like Trestman.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
How about that one year with Martz? I remember some sick half time adjustments vs the cowboys. Jay balled that year.

Martz quit the Bears because he could not agree on some things with Lovie Smith. Martz is a quitter.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How about that one year with Martz? I remember some sick half time adjustments vs the cowboys. Jay balled that year.

disliked for bringing up the guy that thought it was a good idea to trade Greg Olsen.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Mike Martz as OC in Chicago led the Bears to the 30th ranked offense in 2010 and 24th in 2011. He was horrible.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mike Martz as OC in Chicago led the Bears to the 30th ranked offense in 2010 and 24th in 2011. He was horrible.

You realize how misleading that is? Martz's offense was ranked high in intermediate throws. The money throws that gain first downs. That offense also led us to the NFC Championship game where had Cutler not been injured there was an actual shot we could have beat the Packers. So while the rankings may have been bad for total offense...that doesn't paint an accurate picture considering the cast he did it with.