Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Man, you shut the fuck up.

Do you think with the way Trubisky looks in his 3rd year and is hampering this offense we can beat the best in the league? Fans recognize he's holding this team back and we're not Superbowl contenders because of him.
I mean, he’s got a point. Bears did beat the Super Bowl bound Rams with Trushitsky playing like ass

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm the biggest bear optimise on this board and I'm depressed. Right now you would have to be crazy not to be. Really thought this was a SB team and really thought we solved our qb and hc problems. Right now I would trade Both for a decent long snapper. But I won't give up on either this season.

Reactions: DC

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'm the biggest bear optimise on this board and I'm depressed. Right now you would have to be crazy not to be. Really thought this was a SB team and really thought we solved our qb and hc problems. Right now I would trade Both for a decent long snapper. But I won't give up on either this season.

A lot of that is the hype going into the season with the 100 years, Nagy saying the team has graduated to a new level, etc.

I'm happy they won. But there's work to do. No doubt.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You all need to be bitch slapped.

STFU with the pouting. We won on the road vs a good team. I don't care if the Broncos lost on the road to the Raiders. They played light years better vs us in their home opener than they did in Week 1. Any fool could see that.

We have the defense to beat every team in the NFL while scoring under 20 points (except maybe the Chiefs and Patriots).

So while you wanna see some high flying performance from Mitch and the offense. We don't need it. They just need to be slightly better than Orton's 2005 squad.

Deal with it.

The thread title is not even remotely true. You claim to have witnessed the Orton/Grossman monkey shit contests?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

STFU with the pouting. We won on the road vs a good team. I don't care if the Broncos lost on the road to the Raiders. They played light years better vs us in their home opener than they did in Week 1. Any fool could see that.

We have the defense to beat every team in the NFL while scoring under 20 points (except maybe the Chiefs and Patriots).

So while you wanna see some high flying performance from Mitch and the offense. We don't need it. They just need to be slightly better than Orton's 2005 squad.

Deal with it.

Lol, what makes the Broncos a good team. Thus far they have lost to the Raiders and one of the most anemic offenses in the entire league. The Broncos are one of the easiest teams we face on the schedule and we were extremely lucky to beat them.

It was a shitty fucking offensive showing yet again. That is why people are upset. Most came into the year with Super Bowl expectations and thus far we look nothing like a Super Bowl team on offense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dilfer didn't win the game for Baltimore, but he didn't lose it for them either.

At this point I don't trust Trubisky to not lose us the game.

Trent Dilfer could at least stand tall throughout the course of his drop back and survey the field without panicking. Its not like he made no plays. He was a statue but a brave one.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I can't believe some fans are OK with "slightly better than Orton", or even believe that's this seasons recipe for success.

Aren't you tired of that shit? I know I am.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Deal with it.

It’s fine if you want to settle for less but most Bears fans want an offense that can actually compete with the top teams in the league instead of watching another mediocre QB squander an elite defense’s chance at a Super Bowl.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its been harder to play defense in recent years, however, defense still wins championships. Specifically, playing better defense than your opponent and winning situations. Maybe the bar has moved in terms of how many points end up scored, and that changes the valuation of defense/offense numerically in terms of weighted value, sure...

but look at the list of superbowl winners and be sure to remind yourself Belicek is a defensive genius and a brilliant match-up designer.

The road to the top involves combining a great QB with a good line and good weapons, with a playmaking defense.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I love how Bears homers have gone from claiming Trubisky could be on par with Mahommes or Watson to hoping he be a game manager like Trent Dilfer.

LMMFAO!!!

Quoted for thanks upon thanks already given.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Lol, what makes the Broncos a good team. Thus far they have lost to the Raiders and one of the most anemic offenses in the entire league. The Broncos are one of the easiest teams we face on the schedule and we were extremely lucky to beat them.

It was a shitty fucking offensive showing yet again. That is why people are upset. Most came into the year with Super Bowl expectations and thus far we look nothing like a Super Bowl team on offense.
Let's acknowledge some of the good though.

- Nagy's playcalling was better for sure, if he called it like the Packers' game that's another L for sure.

- The offense as a whole was better. They got going in the run game (153 yards on 27 carries), and they scored over 5X more than they did against the Packers.

- Trubisky was largely the same, but when it came down to it he made the winning play instead of the losing play.

- Adam Shaheen A.K.A Redneck Bigfoot caught 100% of his targets.

pablovi

Liked Posts:

Deal with it.

Consider the win and the opponent, I can count only one worse opponent than Denver in our schedule, the NYG.

And no, we cannot win many games scoring under 20 points. They only won 2 last year that way, and already have one this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Deal with it.

If you think this is about 1 game then you are being willfully obtuse.

This season and the progression from 1 and done playoff team to Super Bowl contender was based on the offense and more importantly the QB taking a big step forward.

The offense looks like trash, the QB looks like he has regressed, and while the Bears are 1 and 1 I am not sure how anyone can look at this team and feel good that they have improved from last season.

Did I miss when the 2005 Orton led Bears won anything? Look at the Halas Hall trophy case from the last 35 years and you can see that great defense and mediocre offense leads NOWHERE.

Stop burying your head in the sand and join us in reality where this team looks worse than last season.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

The eye test.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The narrative this entire offseason was that the QB was going to take a step and the Bears were going to be better than 2018.

Now that the QB looks more like a bust, people want to move the goal post and act like he doesn't matter that much after an offseason of hyping up his importance.

This is because they cannot bring themselves to face the reality that the Bears missed on the QB and it has cost them multiple years of a championship defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's acknowledge some of the good though.

- Nagy's playcalling was better for sure, if he called it like the Packers' game that's another L for sure.

- The offense as a whole was better. They got going in the run game (153 yards on 27 carries), and they scored over 5X more than they did against the Packers.

- Trubisky was largely the same, but when it came down to it he made the winning play instead of the losing play.

- Adam Shaheen A.K.A Redneck Bigfoot caught 100% of his targets.

Feel free to acknowledge the good. I will not celebrate beating one of the worst teams on our schedule because of a bullshit roughing the passer and putting up 16 points. To each his own.