This is the most negative the board has been after a WIN ever

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If you think this is about 1 game then you are being willfully obtuse.

This season and the progression from 1 and done playoff team to Super Bowl contender was based on the offense and more importantly the QB taking a big step forward.

The offense looks like trash, the QB looks like he has regressed, and while the Bears are 1 and 1 I am not sure how anyone can look at this team and feel good that they have improved from last season.

Did I miss when the 2005 Orton led Bears won anything? Look at the Halas Hall trophy case from the last 35 years and you can see that great defense and mediocre offense leads NOWHERE.

Stop burying your head in the sand and join us in reality where this team looks worse than last season.
They look worse because they have played 2 good teams and won one of them. Both Green Bay and Denver will be in the playoffs this year baring injuries.

I get that Trubisky isn't as good as people expected. He is not as bad as people think now either. They just played 2 top 5 defenses. Imagine if we opened up last year with the Vikings and Rams. People would think the offense was bad too back then.

You all need a dose of reality. We can still win the superbowl like the 2000 Ravens or 2013 Seahawks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
sc4ZZ08WZ7HQhyw8Tn3ugrwgQiarq4uJVovM8AeRQ1g.png

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we're going to pile on in this thread....

Rookie of the year, David Montgomery is averaging 3.3 yards per carry!

Rip your dick off!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The narrative this entire offseason was that the QB was going to take a step and the Bears were going to be better than 2018.

Now that the QB looks more like a bust, people want to move the goal post and act like he doesn't matter that much after an offseason of hyping up his importance.

This is because they cannot bring themselves to face the reality that the Bears missed on the QB and it has cost them multiple years of a championship defense.

To be fair, Trubs struggled last year and turned it around so there is still hope. But the homers trying to rationalize the garbage offense is just too much.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think the difference in opinion here between me and the rest of you is stemming on how good we think Denver is.

We will see who is right after the year. I still have them at 10-6 or 11-5.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They look worse because they have played 2 good teams and won one of them. Both Green Bay and Denver will be in the playoffs this year baring injuries.

I get that Trubisky isn't as good as people expected. He is not as bad as people think now either. They just played 2 top 5 defenses. Imagine if we opened up last year with the Vikings and Rams. People would think the offense was bad too back then.

You all need a dose of reality. We can still win the superbowl like the 2000 Ravens or 2013 Seahawks.

The 2000 Ravens was a different NFL.

Russell Wilson, even in 2013, was significantly better than Mitch.

Playing good defense is not an excuse for total incompetence. We play good defenses all year and in the playoffs, you can't be horrendous and look totally lost.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Feel free to acknowledge the good. I will not celebrate beating one of the worst teams on our schedule because of a bullshit roughing the passer and putting up 16 points. To each his own.
Ok how about acknowledging the improvement? Would you be willing to do that?

Also lol at the BS roughing the passer. Yeah it was a bad call but so was the Goldman one, and that gave the Ravens a free FG. So would've been no need for our final drive.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be fair, Trubs struggled last year and turned it around so there is still hope. But the homers trying to rationalize the garbage offense is just too much.

Trubisky starting every year horrible and progressing to mediocre is treading water.

He was suppose to go from mediocre to good this season.

Mediocre appears to be his ceiling at this point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Lol, Denver is not a playoff team. GTFOH. They are not better than the Chiefs or Chargers in their own division. And may not even be better than the Raiders.

Like, honestly what the fuck are you talking about.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
The 2000 Ravens was a different NFL.

Russell Wilson, even in 2013, was significantly better than Mitch.

Playing good defense is not an excuse for total incompetence. We play good defenses all year and in the playoffs, you can't be horrendous and look totally lost.
Should Mitch turn it around I'll forever make fun of you for saying you would trade for Mullens right now.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
To be fair, it was a disappointing win.
The time a win would be a disappointment is if we lost a player or players to injury. Not sure why you watch football if you are disappointed by your team winning.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lol, Denver is not a playoff team. GTFOH. They are not better than the Chiefs or Chargers in their own division. And may not even be better than the Raiders.

Like, honestly what the fuck are you talking about.

Hmmm. The chargers that lost to Detroit? Yeah I’m sure the Broncos will have something to say when they play those teams. Any given Sunday is what they say

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the difference in opinion here between me and the rest of you is stemming on how good we think Denver is.

We will see who is right after the year. I still have them at 10-6 or 11-5.

So they are already 40% to their loss total this year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/den

Oakland is the easiest team on their schedule left and they already lost to them once albeit on the road. There is no way on God's beautiful green earth they get to 10 or 11 wins. Considering they play on the road at GB and Chargers, they are likely staring at 1-4 or 0-5 if they don't beat Jacksoville on the road.

Hmmm. The chargers that lost to Detroit? Yeah I’m sure the Broncos will have something to say when they play those teams. Any given Sunday is what they say

See above. Ya'll are gassing up Denver to make yourselves feel better about the win.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This season was about Trubisky taking the next step.

He didn't.

So, adjust expectations. I expect that we will struggle to make the playoffs and if we do we will be one and done because of the offense and 10s performance.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A lot of that is the hype going into the season with the 100 years, Nagy saying the team has graduated to a new level, etc.

I'm happy they won. But there's work to do. No doubt.
Fucking Exactly !!!!!

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
This season was about Trubisky taking the next step.

He didn't.

So, adjust expectations. I expect that we will struggle to make the playoffs and if we do we will be one and done because of the offense and 10s performance.
He hasn't would be far more accurate than he didn't.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The time a win would be a disappointment is if we lost a player or players to injury. Not sure why you watch football if you are disappointed by your team winning.

We may have lost our supposedly franchise QB who was going to make the leap this year. If true, that is the biggest injury we could have on this team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should Mitch turn it around I'll forever make fun of you for saying you would trade for Mullens right now.

I wouldn't trade for him to replace Mitch, but we are going to need to get creative about replacing him in 2020.

I am also okay with being made fun of if Mitch turns it around, I do not see that as a high probability.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We may have lost our supposedly franchise QB who was going to make the leap this year. If true, that is the biggest injury we could have on this team.
WE STILL WON THE GAME. I’m never going to be negative about a win. In30 years it’s going to be a W in the record books. Complain all you want I won’t be saying any bad about the win. And of course I want the team to play perfect but it’s still a W

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know what is amazing.

I can be excited about a win, because a lost would of been a body blow to our season.

While at the very same time realizing that this team has a fatal flaw at the most important position.