This is the most negative the board has been after a WIN ever

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

Lol, the dude was the 26th and 28th ranked QB by passer rating in the last 2 years. In what world is that top 15 QB?

See above, Flacco is a terrible QB based on the last few years. You are delusional to say he is top 15. Did you stop following the Ravens like 5-10 years ago?
Eye test. Dude makes a lot of clutch throws late in games to put his team in position to win games. He had a few bad years there at the end in Baltimore. That's why they ran him out. He is not some slouch.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No I responded by noting your point is irrelevant to this thread because a good D has only proven to be successful in carrying decent to slightly below average offenses.

As the Bears offense is currently atrocious, I have no idea why you posted in this thread about the negativity around the Bears.

Most people are aware good defenses can win championships. I think most people are also away that good defenses are not going to necessarily win championships if your offense averages under 10 ppg.
In 2000, the Ravens went 5 straight games without scoring a touchdown. I don't mean a passing touchdown or only defensive touchdowns. I mean ANY TOUCHDOWN.

They rode the ship and the defense carried them every step of the way to the superbowl.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No I responded by noting your point is irrelevant to this thread because a good D has only proven to be successful in carrying decent to slightly below average offenses.

As the Bears offense is currently atrocious, I have no idea why you posted in this thread about the negativity around the Bears.

Most people are aware good defenses can win championships. I think most people are also away that good defenses are not going to necessarily win championships if your offense averages under 10 ppg.
Again, the read comprehension issues for you keep popping up. I do not wish to continue retyping things at a level I think you will understand to only find you still do not. Omelet and Aesopian may be more your speed.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Their defense was ranked 12th in points (that's despite a poor offense that didn't help them). They were in the top 8 in sacks and INTs. They gave up more yards than average, that's it. This year they also have Vic Fangio, who should make them better.

13th in points per game, which is middle of the pack, which is average. And 22 in yards per game. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...eStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&qualified=false

I said, they’re at best, average.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Great Joe Flacco Passer Rating since he won Super Bowl in 2012

2013 - 32nd
2014 - 16th
2015 - 30th
2016 - 24th
2017 - 26th
2018 - 29th

It baffles the mind to think anyone could look at the above and conclude he is a top 15 QB. He has quite objectively speaking been one of the worst starting QBs the past 6 years.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
In 2000, the Ravens went 5 straight games without scoring a touchdown. I don't mean a passing touchdown or only defensive touchdowns. I mean ANY TOUCHDOWN.

They rode the ship and the defense carried them every step of the way to the superbowl.

The logic works against you here if you have one example from this century to demonstrate your point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, the read comprehension issues for you keep popping up. I do not wish to continue retyping things at a level I think you will understand to only find you still do not. Omelet and Aesopian may be more your speed.

Think you mean reading comprehension not read comprehension. You would think you would get that right in a post bashing other's for their comprehension.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Great Joe Flacco Passer Rating since he won Super Bowl in 2012

2013 - 32nd
2014 - 16th
2015 - 30th
2016 - 24th
2017 - 26th
2018 - 29th

It baffles the mind to think anyone could look at the above and conclude he is a top 15 QB. He has quite objectively speaking been one of the worst starting QBs the past 6 years.
I don't care about the QB rating. I judge it based on real game situations.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The logic works against you here if you have one example from this century to demonstrate your point.

He also ignores the fact they averaged 20.8 points a game which is considerable more than than less than 10 ppg we are averaging.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Think you mean reading comprehension not read comprehension. You would think you would get that right in a post bashing other's for their comprehension.
a spelling zinger...cool. I will walk you through it like a kindergartner on a field trip
Defense can and always will beat a great offense. This has been demonstrated time and time again.
This is just simply not true.
Except it can. 6 times since 2000 a top 4 defense has dragged a double digit offense to a SB championship, twice more if you throw in #9 ranked offenses . Only once has a top 4 offense carried a below top 10 offense to a SB championship in the same time frame. The illusion is that offenses win championships, but while the stats have changed with the passing era to create that charade, having a superior defense of the time is still significantly more likely to help you win a trophy.

Offensive and Defensive Ranks for Superbowl winners
renderTimingPixel.png

Below is a list of all the Superbowl winners and their defensive rank (by points allowed), their offensive rank (by points scored) for that season, and their Combined Rank Average (CRA)
CRA=(Defensive Rank + Offensive Rank)/2
YearTeamDefense RankOffensive RankCRAQB
2018Patriots74
2017Eagles43
2016Patriots13
2015Broncos419Peyton Manning
2014Patriots846Tom Brady
2013Seahawks195Russell Wilson
2012Ravens121011Joe Flacco
2011Giants25917Eli Manning
2010Packers2106Aaron Rodgers
2009Saints20110.5Drew Brees
2008Steelers12010.5Ben Rothlisberger
2007Giants171415.5Eli Manning
2006Colts23212.5Peyton Manning
2005Steelers496.5Ben Rothlisberger
2004Patriots243Tom Brady
2003Patriots1126.5Tom Brady
2002Buccaneers1189.5Brad Johnson
2001Patriots666Tom Brady
2000Ravens1147.5Tony Banks/Trent Dilfer

Please find where I said the Bears current offense could win a SB with a good defense or whatever you think I am arguing.

There really is only 2 actual possible reasons for such poor understanding of my posts and responding by you.
1) You are really sorta stupid
2) You like to try to gotcha me because I point out your frequent errors in logic and somehow feel it is a personal grudges

I don't think you are really stupid, so I am stuck with 2)

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
To
He is better than Trent Dilfer and he won a Superbowl.
Trent Dilfer only started half of that 2000 SB year. His rating was 76.6. So far after 2 magical games, Mitch has a rating of 65.

And Mitch should get better. Christ, there is nowhere to go but up from here. He may even throw a few tds! We can't really assume he is better than Trent Dilfer.
Trent is laughing at this while kissing his SB ring.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So if it was in 2001, it would magically be different?

And it's overblown how "different" the NFL was then vs now. You act like a team can't win as easily with defense now based on what? Offenses throwing the ball more due to RPOs? Give me some concrete evidence that says that what worked for the Ravens in 2000 couldn't work for the Bears in 2019?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
FFS, altitude sickness is caused by a sudden increase in altitude without giving time to adapt to that elevation, of course no one living at your altitude gets sick, they fucking live there. And wtf does some high school teams record against other teams of similar elevations in some Podunk town have to do with anything?

“Altitude sickness typically occurs only above 2,500 metres (8,000 ft)” “AMS occurs in about 20% of people after rapidly going to 2,500 metres (8,000 ft) and 40% of people going to 3,000 metres (10,000 ft)” less than 1% get it at Denver’s altitude, that would mean 5 people in entire football roster.

I live in the biggest city in this continent, México city, with 20 million people, and I don’t mean the people that live here, the 6 million tourist that come here every year, only a very small percentage gets altitude sickness, And here there are more professional team heres, of all sports, than in any city in your country, and non of them is undefeated.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't care about the QB rating. I judge it based on real game situations.

Lol, what real game situations since 2012 suggest he is a top 15 QB. You have no clue WTF you are talking about right?

Since the SB year, he is 42-43 as a starter despite the Ravens still having a pretty good defense over that time period.

He sucks dude. GTFOH trying to gas him up to make the Bears victory seem better.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
“Altitude sickness typically occurs only above 2,500 metres (8,000 ft)” “AMS occurs in about 20% of people after rapidly going to 2,500 metres (8,000 ft) and 40% of people going to 3,000 metres (10,000 ft)” less than 1% get it at Denver’s altitude, that would mean 5 people in entire football roster.

I live in the biggest city in this continent, México city, with 20 million people, and I don’t mean the people that live here, the 6 million tourist that come here every year, only a very small percentage gets altitude sickness, And here there are more professional teams of all sport than in any city in your country, and non of them is undefeated.
Are the people visiting Mexico City deciding to do suicides on a football field immediately after getting off the plane?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Lol, what real game situations since 2012 suggest he is a top 15 QB. You have no clue WTF you are talking about right?

Since the SB year, he is 42-43 as a starter despite the Ravens still having a pretty good defense over that time period.

He sucks dude. GTFOH trying to gas him up to make the Bears victory seem better.
And half the QBs who start don't have a 500 record. What's your point? Someone has to be ranked 15th.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

And it's overblown how "different" the NFL was then vs now. You act like a team can't win as easily with defense now based on what? Offenses throwing the ball more due to RPOs? Give me some concrete evidence that says that what worked for the Ravens in 2000 couldn't work for the Bears in 2019?
My guess is you could go back farther than that. Also it isn't 2001.

I don't act like anything. I'm just saying your point is a statistical outlier and actually supports the opposite of what you're saying.

Asking for "concrete evidence" to prove a negative is not a smart road to go down. And could it work? Sure. The chances that it will work are extremely small, though, because almost every SB in history has had a competent offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

the 2000 Ravens averaged 20 points a game. The 2019 Bears average under 10 ppg so you point is still stupid.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's called perspective. Fans aren't coaches or players; we don't have to have a week to week mentality, and we're are allowed to take a macro view of things as they occur.

The reason most fans are concerned is because of the sudden realization that the quarterback probably sucks. For a team that came into the season with championship aspirations, watching Mitchell Trubisky regress right before our eyes should invoke feelings of despair and make you wonder if their ceiling is really that high at all.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
the 2000 Ravens averaged 20 points a game. The 2019 Bears average under 10 ppg so you point is still stupid.
Ofcourse this is assuming they actually get SOMEWHAT better on offense. If they averaged 10 points a game, they would go down as one of the worst offenses in the history of professional sports.