This is the most negative the board has been after a WIN ever

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And half the QBs who start don't have a 500 record. What's your point? Someone has to be ranked 15th.

Most QBs don't have the Ravens D. The point is he is terrible and you only support for claiming he is top 15 is because you said so.

Brees, Mahommes, Wilson, Ryan, Rivers, Watson, Wentz, Goff, Brady, Rodgers, Prescott, Big Ben, Newton, Mayfield, Jackson are all clearly better than him.

Based off of last year so is Trubs, Cousins, Mariotta, Fitz, Winston, Stafford, Tannenhill. So no he is not top 15.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ofcourse this is assuming they actually get SOMEWHAT better on offense. If they averaged 10 points a game, they would go down as one of the worst offenses in the history of professional sports.

And when they do then you point may be valid. I freely admit the Bears O may get better and this may be just a momentary blip similar to the start of last year.

Until it occurs though, there is nothing inspiring about a QB who everyone including you was raving would be better in Year 2 starting the year as Trubs has done. Perhaps you should wait until Trubs gives you something worth defending.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So Trubisky, who is part of our "atrocious" offense is also better than Flacco. Got it.

I said based off of last year he was. Further no one aside from you is claiming the Broncos offense is good. Finally, I already named 15 QBs clearly better than Flacco so your point about top is still wrong. Trubs was listed in the category of other QBs outside the top 15 that were better based off of last year.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And when they do then you point may be valid. I freely admit the Bears O may get better and this may be just a momentary blip similar to the start of last year.

Until it occurs though, there is nothing inspiring about a QB who everyone including you was raving would be better in Year 2 starting the year as Trubs has done. Perhaps you should wait until Trubs gives you something worth defending.
Remember how you argued for weeks on end how if the Bears would have beat the Eagles that you thought we had a good chance to beat the Rams and Saints on the road? And that was with an average offense.

All I am saying is that with an average offense (which I think we will get to), we can make a run at the Superbowl. Trubisky doesn't need to necessarily take another step towards a top 10 QB like people were hoping. He just needs to manage the game and with a competent play calling and running game, we have a shot. I think our defense can be even better than last year. This season is not even close to lost like almost everyone is saying on here.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
The fanbase is clueless to how dysfunctunal Nagy's playcalling has morphed into, he's drowning in too many choices with a deep stable but albeit average offensive talent. He really has to find an identity quick .. it's on him. Unfortunately there is no auto-switch button. It took Fangio 3 years to mold last years's team and it still required the addition of Mack and Smith to catapult them to the top of the league.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
“Altitude sickness typically occurs only above 2,500 metres (8,000 ft)” “AMS occurs in about 20% of people after rapidly going to 2,500 metres (8,000 ft) and 40% of people going to 3,000 metres (10,000 ft)” less than 1% get it at Denver’s altitude, that would mean 5 people in entire football roster.

I live in the biggest city in this continent, México city, with 20 million people, and I don’t mean the people that live here, the 6 million tourist that come here every year, only a very small percentage gets altitude sickness, And here there are more professional team heres, of all sports, than in any city in your country, and non of them is undefeated.
Christ, I am not talking about Everest level near death AMS. We are talking about how the effectof increased elevation combined with heat gives the Broncos an advantage in early season games.

According to Lumen Learning, the time it takes to fully acclimate to a higher altitude can be found by multiplying the altitude in kilometers by 11.4 days. Using this formula, it would take approximately 18 days for the body to fully acclimate to Denver's thin air. Upon returning to lower altitudes, the body's higher red blood cell count will persist for about two weeks following acclimatization.

Have you met Remy? You share a similar aversion to facts and reading comprehension. You two should reall PM each other, I bet you guys would hit it off swimmingly.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
a spelling zinger...cool. I will walk you through it like a kindergartner on a field trip

Please find where I said the Bears current offense could win a SB with a good defense or whatever you think I am arguing.

There really is only 2 actual possible reasons for such poor understanding of my posts and responding by you.
1) You are really sorta stupid
2) You like to try to gotcha me because I point out your frequent errors in logic and somehow feel it is a personal grudges

I don't think you are really stupid, so I am stuck with 2)

So didshe said D can and always will be good O. WCBF said that is not true. You response shows a lack of reading comprehension in 3 separate ways.

1. Your stats proved WCBF point as the top D did not ALWAYS beat a top O. So your response to WCBF ignores the fact that he was responding to a point saying ALWAYS.

2. This post was about good D beating a good O. Not a good D carrying a bad O. So what would address the point Didshe was making was if you showed the offensive rankings of the losing team not D and O rankings of the winning team. So your post does not actually address the point Didshe was making as your data could in fact contain a good D beating a bad or medicore O.

3. Finally, even if we excuse the above, my point still remains. Your data proves a top D can drag a top 20 or so O to victory. Bears are currently not top 20 so your data is irrelevant to the thread and the post exchange above.

Imagine complaining about reading comprehension and completely missing that Didshe said good D always beats good O. That as WCBF noted is objectively false.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So didshe said D can and always will be good O. WCBF said that is not true. You response shows a lack of reading comprehension in 3 separate ways.

1. Your stats proved WCBF point as the top D did not ALWAYS beat a top O. So your response to WCBF ignores the fact that he was responding to a point saying ALWAYS.

2. This post was about good D beating a good O. Not a good D carrying a bad O. So what would address the point Didshe was making was if you showed the offensive rankings of the losing team not D and O rankings of the winning team. So your post does not actually address the point Didshe was making as your data could in fact contain a good D beating a bad or medicore O.

3. Finally, even if we excuse the above, my point still remains. Your data proves a top D can drag a top 20 or so O to victory. Bears are currently not top 20 so your data is irrelevant to the thread and the post exchange above.

Imagine complaining about reading comprehension and completely missing that Didshe said good D always beats good O. That as WCBF noted is objectively false.
Done

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fanbase is clueless to how dysfunctunal Nagy's playcalling has morphed into, he's drowning in too many choices with a deep stable but albeit average offensive talent. He really has to find an identity quick .. it's on him. Unfortunately there is no auto-switch button. It took Fangio 3 years to mold last years's team and it still required the addition of Mack and Smith to catapult them to the top of the league.

We are not clueless. We simply don't accept that bad playcalling excuses Trubs being unable to read a defense or make accurate passes. It doesn't matter what play is called if your QB struggles with progressions and hitting open targets when they do arise.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Tostada

Liked Posts:
We are not clueless. We simply don't accept that bad playcalling excuses Trubs being unable to read a defense or make accurate passes. It doesn't matter what play is called if your QB struggles with progressions and hitting open targets when they do arise.
My uncle asked me, once, to repair his car useing motorcycle parts, (dumb Cuban) I struggled too ...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Add hyperbole to the list of things you don't get.

Perhaps you should have told WCBF that Didshe was being hyperbolic when he used the term ALWAYS rather than claiming he was wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My uncle asked me, once, to repair his car useing motorcycle parts, (dumb Cuban) I struggled too ...

Not sure the point. This isn't the case of wrong parts being used. This is the case that even when the playcalling lives a man wide open, Trubs doesn't see it or misses his target.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Christ, I am not talking about Everest level near death AMS. We are talking about how the effectof increased elevation combined with heat gives the Broncos an advantage in early season games.

According to Lumen Learning, the time it takes to fully acclimate to a higher altitude can be found by multiplying the altitude in kilometers by 11.4 days. Using this formula, it would take approximately 18 days for the body to fully acclimate to Denver's thin air. Upon returning to lower altitudes, the body's higher red blood cell count will persist for about two weeks following acclimatization.

Have you met Remy? You share a similar aversion to facts and reading comprehension. You two should reall PM each other, I bet you guys would hit it off swimmingly.

Damn, again, there’s performance decrease in altitude, at Denver’s altitude is between 2-5%. Airplanes are pressurized higher than that, higher even than 2,000 meters.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's distance running performance, not something like football. And 4% is a great deal over the course of a football game, even if that was accurate.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
That's distance running performance, not something like football. And 4% is a great deal over the course of a football game, even if that was accurate.

Distance running is the most affected by altitude, some thing are easier, speed running is actually easier, and you jump higher and farther at higher altitudes, and throw harder.

“The scientific literature is rich in human trials of altitude acclimation. From military activity to mountaineering, physiological feats up high have inspired generations of scientists. However, I think the biggest driver in performance-related high-altitude research was the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City. The Mexico City Olympics were held at 7,350 feet (2,240 meters) above sea level, higher than any other Olympic games in history. The Mexico City Olympics were interesting because, despite the high elevation being a negative influencer and a performance reducer in endurance-running events, the ‘thin air’ created optimal conditions for record-setting performances in jumping, vaulting, and throwing events along with all men’s track events shorter than 400 meters due to decreased air resistance. This was an environmental phenomenon that had not been considered before as both a performance reducer and enhancer, depending on the event.”

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Distance running is the most affected by altitude, some thing are easier, speed running is actually easier, and you jump higher and farther at higher altitudes, and throw harder.

“The scientific literature is rich in human trials of altitude acclimation. From military activity to mountaineering, physiological feats up high have inspired generations of scientists. However, I think the biggest driver in performance-related high-altitude research was the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City. The Mexico City Olympics were held at 7,350 feet (2,240 meters) above sea level, higher than any other Olympic games in history. The Mexico City Olympics were interesting because, despite the high elevation being a negative influencer and a performance reducer in endurance-running events, the ‘thin air’ created optimal conditions for record-setting performances in jumping, vaulting, and throwing events along with all men’s track events shorter than 400 meters due to decreased air resistance. This was an environmental phenomenon that had not been considered before as both a performance reducer and enhancer, depending on the event.”

So, the overthrows were due to thinner air, that I can buy with a 50% off coupon.