This is the most negative the board has been after a WIN ever

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I’m too dumb to figure the multiquote feature so I’ll respond like this. @HeHateMe yes he’s a good runner but it’s almost like he never scrambles anymore. @fx1718 maybe but point we need to understand we brought Nagy here to take the Bears offense into this century. Throwing the ball all over the field and some misdirection is part of that product
But it's not a successful product. Innovation is not a wide variety of different plays with gimmicks thrown in. Innovation is a predicated strategy that employs the best skills and apptitudes of the core players. The Ravens, Falcons, Saints, so far this season are all examples of this mind set. Nagy is not doing...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The question I am trying to figure out is who's job does Trubisky cost?

There is no way you miss on the 2nd pick in the draft and everyone survives. It was either a garbage evaluation, which I think it was, or it was poor development.

My guess is Ragone is a dead man walking. He has been with Mitch the entire 3 years that he has had limited development and Pace will need someone to drive the bus over.
I would bet one of the scouts who was pushing for Mitch.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's a bit gloomy. It's worse being compounded by the god level ability of Mahomes, and to a lesser extent Watson. One of those guys on this team makes them Superbowl frontrunners, easy.

As for this coming week, I don't think it's an easy game. Keenum isn't a good QB, but he takes care of the ball and has beaten the Bears in the past. Reminds me of the Arizona game last year, could be another ugly road test.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And we have come full circle to the Cutler era. Claiming that both sides of the fence are extreme and he needs to be evaluated based on all of the "surrounding factors".

Regardless if that is true, Mitch isn't playing well. He isn't good enough right now, and has shown regression, not growth. Whether there's current adversity with his OL, Coach, Receivers, etc I really don't care to make excuses anymore.

With our without the problems around him, he LOOKS THE SAME as he always has, but worse.

Exactly. Mitch is like 16th in QB pressures so blaming the OL entirely is exaggerated. Some of his WRs are getting separation and he is just not hitting them.

The O as a whole has been a problem and Nagy has been terrible but when the opportunities have been there for Mitch, he simply has not taken advantage of them enough.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would bet one of the scouts who was pushing for Mitch.

The above isn't just because a scout pushed for him. Pace was absolutely convinced Mitch was his guy and maybe he still will be. But if he fails then it falls squarely on Pace. There really is no believable place for him to hand when you trade up 1 spot to take your QB.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

The above isn't just because a scout pushed for him. Pace was absolutely convinced Mitch was his guy and maybe he still will be. But if he fails then it falls squarely on Pace. There really is no believable place for him to hand when you trade up 1 spot to take your QB.
Okay? Pace isn’t getting fired one way or the other after this season.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Mitch is like 16th in QB pressures so blaming the OL entirely is exaggerated. Some of his WRs are getting separation and he is just not hitting them.

The O as a whole has been a problem and Nagy has been terrible but when the opportunities have been there for Mitch, he simply has not taken advantage of them enough.
One thing I haven't really seen mentioned with all the debate regarding Trubisky is his lack of running over the past two games. IIRC his threat to run really opened up the passing game. Also, he kept many drives alive running for 1st as well. That whole aspect seems to not be there so far.

Is that because defenses are keying in on him, is he being told not to run, or is it an all of the above type of thing?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Man, you shut the fuck up.

Do you think with the way Trubisky looks in his 3rd year and is hampering this offense we can beat the best in the league? Fans recognize he's holding this team back and we're not Superbowl contenders because of him.

If your offensive system needs Drew Brees type intelligence then it might just be your system.

He's throwing 2 yards up and 25 yards sideways. The system has become predictable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One thing I haven't really seen mentioned with all the debate regarding Trubisky is his lack of running over the past two games. IIRC his threat to run really opened up the passing game. Also, he kept many drives alive running for 1st as well. That whole aspect seems to not be there so far.

Is that because defenses are keying in on him, is he being told not to run, or is it an all of the above type of thing?

I have said this in other threads and have been saying it since season 1 when everyone wanted to try and turn him into a pocket passer. Nagy needs to pretend he is black and treat him like a black QB. That is a bit hyperbole but the point is he is skill wise he is closer to a dual threat black QB than he is to Tom Brady or Andrew Luck. He has to use his feet to be successful in this league. There is no way around it. If that means the risk of injury is higher then so be it.

When he finished 3rd in QBR that was largely attributed to him using his feet to make big plays. He does not belong in the pocket 95% of the time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay? Pace isn’t getting fired one way or the other after this season.

Wasn't suggesting he be fired. I am saying his trying to scapegoat someone other than himself for drafting Trubs would be complete and utter bullshit.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I have said this in other threads and have been saying it since season 1 when everyone wanted to try and turn him into a pocket passer. Nagy needs to pretend he is black and treat him like a black QB. That is a bit hyperbole but the point is he is skill wise he is closer to a dual threat black QB than he is to Tom Brady or Andrew Luck. He has to use his feet to be successful in this league. There is no way around it. If that means the risk of injury is higher then so be it.

When he finished 3rd in QBR that was largely attributed to him using his feet to make big plays. He does not belong in the pocket 95% of the time.
Wow, that's a legit racist comment...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow, that's a legit racist comment...

SMH, I am black and was being facetious. Don't let the other thread get to you Les. You are reaching.

Although I do believe if he were actually black with his specific traits, people would be more open to using him like Wilson, Jackson, etc. are used. In this case I think his skin color is hindering the use of his actual talents. The threat of the run has to be a prominent part of his game while he works to actually become a better passer.

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
And we have come full circle to the Cutler era. Claiming that both sides of the fence are extreme and he needs to be evaluated based on all of the "surrounding factors".

Regardless if that is true, Mitch isn't playing well. He isn't good enough right now, and has shown regression, not growth. Whether there's current adversity with his OL, Coach, Receivers, etc I really don't care to make excuses anymore.

With our without the problems around him, he LOOKS THE SAME as he always has, but worse.

He isn't good enough right now, no debate there.

My point was" So long as when he starts to play better, which I suspect will happen often this season, will it be enough for those that say he isn't good enough NOW? or it will be because of Nagy or some other reason THEN?

I have no issue with calling a thing a thing NOW...seems others have already built in excuses on why #10 will suck even when he doesn't (but Tampa, But the Philly drive, etc)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
SMH, I am black and was being facetious. Don't let the other thread get to you Les. You are reaching.

Although I do believe if he were actually black with his specific traits, people would be more open to using him like Wilson, Jackson, etc. are used. In this case I think his skin color is hindering the use of his actual talents. The threat of the run has to be a prominent part of his game while he works to actually become a better passer.
How hard is it to say "Running QB" and not "Black QB"? Honestly.

You are legit off your rocker.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He isn't good enough right now, no debate there.

My point was" So long as when he starts to play better, which I suspect will happen often this season, will it be enough for those that say he isn't good enough NOW? or it will be because of Nagy or some other reason THEN?

I have no issue with calling a thing a thing NOW...seems others have already built in excuses on why #10 will suck even when he doesn't (but Tampa, But the Philly drive, etc)

I suppose that depends on whether his play improves because Nagy is hiding his flaws or if it improves because the light goes on.

If it is clear he is going through progressions faster and or staring off defenders more then I think that will be acknowledged.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How hard is it to say "Running QB" and not "Black QB"? Honestly.

You are legit off your rocker.

Not hard at all but there was a point in saying black QBs. I was juxtaposing the stereotypes of black QBs with the stereotype of white QBs working against Trubs. As he is a white QB, I think the inclination is to turn him into a classic pocket passer hence why as Bears_804 pointed out his running game has dried up. If he were a black QB then I think there he would run more because that would fit the stereotype of a black QB.

Perhaps that nuance was lost on you.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Add racism to the list of things you don't understand.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Not hard at all but there was a point in saying black QBs. I was juxtaposing the stereotypes of black QBs with the stereotype of white QBs working against Trubs. As he is a white QB, I think the inclination is to turn him into a classic pocket passer hence why as Bears_804 pointed out his running game has dried up. If he were a black QB then I think there he would run more because that would fit the stereotype of a black QB.

Perhaps that nuance was lost on you.

Remy kinda has a point. The expectations of a black QB no matter how stereotypical or prejudiced it is, is more athleticism based, based on on experiemce and sample size in the NFL.

Trubisky is being asked to be a Pocket QB first. Which isn't the right wsy to go. Remy is correct. Hes 235. Solid muscle. Former RB. Great agility and solid power. So I agree you design more roll outs and force teams to stop him with designed QB runs. And ylu ask Mitch to be aggressive with his running style on these plays.

Thos would force a QB Spy. Ends would need to stay gap sound.

Linebackers would be forced to lock down sideline runs. corners and safeties would be forced to make hard decisions on wheter to play the run or leave players 1 on 1.

It was a recipe for success last year. Its been unused though at this point.

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
I suppose that depends on whether his play improves because Nagy is hiding his flaws or if it improves because the light goes on.

If it is clear he is going through progressions faster and or staring off defenders more then I think that will be acknowledged.

noted...kind of a subjective assessment though, but I guess all is.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Remy kinda has a point. The expectations of a black QB no matter how stereotypical or prejudiced it is, is more athleticism based, based on on experiemce and sample size in the NFL.

Trubisky is being asked to be a Pocket QB first. Which isn't the right wsy to go. Remy is correct. Hes 235. Solid muscle. Former RB. Great agility and solid power. So I agree you design more roll outs and force teams to stop him with designed QB runs. And ylu ask Mitch to be aggressive with his running style on these plays.

Thos would force a QB Spy. Ends would need to stay gap sound.

Linebackers would be forced to lock down sideline runs. corners and safeties would be forced to make hard decisions on wheter to play the run or leave players 1 on 1.

It was a recipe for success last year. Its been unused though at this point.

If Nagy plays Mitch like this, the bears will put up some nice numbers and the D would feast on leads and rest. Why is Nagy so ****ing dumb????????